Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billing

Options
  • 03-08-2016 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi there, I am having a problem with my dual account gas and electric billing. When i first set up the account 5 years ago I was billed on the alternate month for each bill, eg Electric in January, Gas in Feb, Electric in March, Gas in April etc.. over the last 6 month or so my gas bill has been arriving later and later in the month (was historically sent around the 14th as the was the electic). I was expecting a gas bill in July but none has arrived, so now in Aug I will be bill for both gas and electric in one month.
    Can you please advise how I move back to billing each account on the alternative month? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Aye Bosun,

Thank you for getting in touch.

It appears the billing cycle was changed for the district in which you reside, and unfortunately there is no way for an electricity/gas billing provider to amend this, as the six scheduled bills per year are issued when ESB Networks read the electricity meters and Gas Networks Ireland read the gas meters - for all electricity/gas providers (an estimate is issued if the Networks reader does not read the meter - they aim to read the meter for four out of the six annual bills though). A bill is issued approximately every two months but there can be a window of more than two months at times, so we have to emphasise that the two-month time-line is an approximation.

However, if you get in touch with us when you receive a bill, we can change the due date to a later one that suits better - right up to eight weeks after the date the bill is issued (or we can set up a payment plan). If you pay by direct debit, ensure to contact us immediately so that we can give sufficient notice to the bank in relation to the changed direct debit date.

Do let us know if you have any further queries - we are here on Boards and our other Social Media channels until 6pm.

Una

________

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Thanks for your response, which to be honest I find a complete cope out..why I was I not informed of this significant change in how you handle your bills. I am aware I can change the due date on the bill, but this requires a phone call to you every 2 months...which is a joke, seeing as how it take approx 10 mins to actually speak to someone on in your billing dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi again Aye Bosun,

The change in dates for meters being read would not have been made by ourselves - it is just the ESB Networks and Gas Networks Ireland (formerly Bord Gáis Networks) readers who read the meters, and then the information is passed to ourselves and the other electricity and gas providers (or they provide an estimate based on previous usage at that MPRN/GPRN if the meter is not read). The billing cycles are not set at exact dates every two months (although there are periods when this can happen, but the approximate two-month window between bills can mean 55 to 70 days, sometimes longer if there is a delay).

We can change the due date of a bill/set up a payment plan by private message here on Boards.ie or any of our other Social Media channels (Facebook and Twitter) as an alternative to telephoning Customer Service.

There is also the option of the Equaliser (for both fuels) which is a system of a set amount (based on previous bills) being collected by direct debit every month, on a date of the customer's choosing (bear in mind, this could cause over-payment or under-payment, which would be accounted for when the Equaliser is reviewed on an annual basis, and reset if necessary).

We are here on Social Media until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) for any further queries.

Una

________

Advertisement