Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Search

Options
  • 03-08-2016 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭

In the process of buying a house at present and my solicitor has told me I'll need a Planning Search written report on the house as the bank will want it.

In my solicitors fees invoice I've received this is set as 250 euro for 'Rochford Brady - Planning Search'. The solicitors have told me I'll have to get someone to do it.

Is it just a report that tells me if everything complies with planning permission? The house was built in 1999 and is in Wexford if that makes a difference. A few people have told me the solicitors should be organizing this so I just wanted to come on here and see other peoples views.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Normally the solicitor sorts this but bills you for it.
    Sounds like he is giving you the option to do it yourself if you can source someone to do t cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

kceire wrote: »
    Normally the solicitor sorts this but bills you for it.
    Sounds like he is giving you the option to do it yourself if you can source someone to do t cheaper.

Thanks for that. Is the amount quoted of 250 about right?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

MuddyDog wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Is the amount quoted of 250 about right?

Yeah. It's a detailed report and you would want to know your way around the planning system to ensure you give the correct answer.

For example, not slot of people know this but on many new estates the exempted developments are not allowed. So for not all houses that can build 40 Sq. M extensions, some new estates you cannot due to the site, density arrangements!

Plus then there's so many revisions to the patent applications and conditions attached that they have to make sure it's all complied with.

Out it this way, I would put my name to it for €250 as it's risky.

Advertisement