Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Pro Tour Team

Options
  • 03-08-2016 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭

If you could turn pro for any pro tour team who would you go with?

I`d ride for Trek. I love the Madone's, I like the jerseys and Segafredo is nice coffee. Also sponsored by ZipVit & their gels are actually really nice. Though with Contador joining that might change, I don't want to have to be at the front all day every day in the tour.

Sky would be my last choice, too much getting bottles & controlling the bunch.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I would reach for the Sky

That would certainly bring them down a peg or ten.....

BTW Friday is not here yet!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Actually, might get their gear to "practice" a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Orica ............. have you seen the food they get brought at races

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Etixx QS, what's not to like, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

BMC, just because i like the jersey :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Cannondale, just for the bikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

BMC ..

Obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Keep the inner child alive!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Etixx QS or one of the obscure Belgian continental squads.
    I love cycling over crap roads in the rain ......

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

RobFowl wrote: »
    E
    I love cycling over crap roads in the rain ......

well you location does say north county dublin so you must be in heaven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Fdj

Lovely jerseys & after winning the tour for them id be the darling of france and be presented with a free mansion on the cote d'Azur

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cannondale, absolutely love the colour!

Not worked up the balls to order and wear a full set of gear yet even though it would match my bike superbly.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Does it have to be World tour? Can I not have Roompot with their horrible brown jersey or Topsport Van Vlandaaren?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

I fell for Dimension Data this tour. Id love the opportunity to be Cavs lead out guy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

it would have to be BMC, dont fancy any other of the team jerseys around at the moment and one of us will be with them next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Sky for me...

If they can turn Froome from a **** cyclist that was going to be dropped into a tour winner within 2 years, they might work some magic on me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

....I would have said Trek ...all those old guys down the back of the peloton may have made me seem not so bad ...plus guess they are best to hang with down the back of they bus especially Zubeldia ...no ?

However most seem to be retiring ..making way for Contador ...where i guess thing will get very serious and tough....Don't really want to ride a train or be ridiculed on Twitter as not being a good enough Dom for Contador

So its BMC , where the jersey is nice ... the riders are good ,, you don't need to be an ounce above organ faiure and they keep you forever ....oh and yes Nico will be there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

MPFGLB wrote: »
    you don't need to be an ounce above organ failure

The single best description of being a pro rider that I have ever read. Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Etixx Quick Step. Going back to my (overweight) youth, always fancied myself as classics rider, mainly as I couldn't climb a speed bump. I'm sure I could bring my current work ability of doing most things right, and the fecking up in the final so I'd fit right in. Added bonus is that half my gear already comes from Lidl...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

Bloggsie wrote: »
    it would have to be BMC, dont fancy any other of the team jerseys around at the moment and one of us will be with them next year!

What?! Nico is a Boardsie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Hungrycol wrote: »
    What?! Nico is a Boardsie?

I'd say he reads it ....especially when away racing

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭outfox

I'd join any team Sagan is in. Just to hang out and learn some sh1t.
    Although I don't know how long I could put up with the voice.

Advertisement