Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm suitable for Shed/Cabin

Options
  • 03-08-2016 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭

How's it going folks, just looking for a bit of advice. I have a log cabin arriving soon, should have been here already but that's a different story, and am just looking at putting an alarm on it.

It has upgraded doors and windows that are 5 point locking and living standard. I have 2 wired swann internet camera's in the house at the moment and will probably move one into the shed. I also have a sensor light that will cover the front door. Our back garden is secure enough, to get into it you would have to go through a few neighbours gardens but will be storing bikes and workout equipment in the space so want to add some more security to it.

I've seen some pretty simple looking sensors online, just one sensor for the shed and an alarm box on the outside was what I was thinking but just wondering if there was any recommendations of something to get. Budget isn't huge (around 200 euro) but if it was worth it I could go a little higher. House is currently alarmed but don't really want to use the same company and extend the alarm as even though the house was pre-wired they made a bit of a mess of putting in the control panel and a few of the sensors.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks for your help, Joe.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What make of system have you in the house?
    You may be able to extend to the cabin but set it up as an independent area. You would not necessarily have to use the same company that installed the system in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

I'll double check when I get home from work, thanks for the help. Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Asm

Hi,

You could get this system here with your budget. You should be able to programme it yourself and it would save you the bother of connecting the cabin to your house alarm.

Regards

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

That wouldn't be something I would recommend. Have a look over the suppliers sticky & get something more professional.

Advertisement