If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector Help

Options
  • 03-08-2016 2:07pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Im looking to buy a projector in the next couple of weeks.  I bought a yamaha surround sound system last week from you guys.  I have my attic converted so the projector needs to be short throw.  I was looking at the BenQ W1070+ for ages, but i just noticed the w1080ST+ on the uk website.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/benq/w1080st+/benq-w1080-plus

Will you guys be getting that on the IE site to buy?  Also do you know if thats a better projector than the 1070 one?  Im not really up on my projectors, this is the first one ill be buying.  Just want to watch films in full resolution, not sure on all the technical jargon though.  Also i assume i can plug this into the yamaha YHT1810 system.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Guys,

Im looking to buy a projector in the next couple of weeks.  I bought a yamaha surround sound system last week from you guys.  I have my attic converted so the projector needs to be short throw.  I was looking at the BenQ W1070+ for ages, but i just noticed the w1080ST+ on the uk website.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/benq/w1080st+/benq-w1080-plus

Will you guys be getting that on the IE site to buy?  Also do you know if thats a better projector than the 1070 one?  Im not really up on my projectors, this is the first one ill be buying.  Just want to watch films in full resolution, not sure on all the technical jargon though.  Also i assume i can plug this into the yamaha YHT1810 system.

Thanks a lot!
    Hi Optimus Prime.

Thanks for coming back and hopefully you are enjoying the Yamaha system :)

At the moment the 1080st+ is currently out of stock. There will be less than 12 due in but an eta has not been confirmed.
    The 1080st+ is now also listed as an instore only making in a non shipper and would need collected from the store if and when available.

There is the Benq W2000 coming in at £799.00 (Better than 1070)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201822-w2000.aspx

Optoma offer up the HD26 priced at £499.00 (On a par than the 1070)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200761-hd26.aspx

Also the HD28DSE priced at £599.00 (On a par/better than the 1070)
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201708-hd28dse.aspx

The 1070 was very popular in its time, the HSD28 was its closest rival. The HD28DSe and W2000 where not out then.

Let me know what you think.

Any questions drop me a post.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Ok cool, thanks for the reply, can you help me out by telling me what the main difference is between the 1080st+ and the W2000 is?  I dont mind if i have to drive to collect the 1080 one, im more worried about getting something thats decent. Thanks

Ok cool, thanks for the reply, can you help me out by telling me what the main difference is between the 1080st+ and the W2000 is?  I dont mind if i have to drive to collect the 1080 one, im more worried about getting something thats decent. Thanks
    Hey optimus Prime.

There are a few differences.

The W2000 has a slightly higher contrast ratio coming in at 15000:1
    The 2000 also has Lens shift:
    "A projector with lens shift can make an adjustment like this without requiring you to physically move the projector. Rather, the lens inside the projector housing is moving to create the effect"

Either of these and you would not be disappointed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks a lot sounds like the W2000 is the way to go then and that one can be delivered i think, ill pick it up at the end of the month. thanks a lot for your help!

Thanks a lot sounds like the W2000 is the way to go then and that one can be delivered i think, ill pick it up at the end of the month. thanks a lot for your help!
    Hey Optimus Prime.

No problem at all.

Let me know when your ready and I can get the ball rolling :D

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.