Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get Eir Fibre Broadband?

Options
  • 03-08-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've recently been thinking of switching to Eir for my Broadband and TV.

When checking the services available at my address, however, I see the following:

"Speeds of up to 7Mb are available at your home"

But when I check others on my estate (including my attached neighbors):

"Speeds of up to 90Mb are available at your home"

Any ideas why our house would show as not having the Fbre BB  available while others on the estate do?

Is there any other way I can verify that Eir Fibre/eVision can be received at my address?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Dokett wrote: »
    I've recently been thinking of switching to Eir for my Broadband and TV.

When checking the services available at my address, however, I see the following:

"Speeds of up to 7Mb are available at your home"

But when I check others on my estate (including my attached neighbors):

"Speeds of up to 90Mb are available at your home"

Any ideas why our house would show as not having the Fbre BB  available while others on the estate do?

Is there any other way I can verify that Eir Fibre/eVision can be received at my address?
    Hi Dokett,

Thank you for getting in touch with is :) 

There may be surrounding areas which are connected to a different cabinet which may be connected to eir Fibre, which is why they may be eligible for the service at present.
    Even when a cabinet may seem close it's worth noting that lines are not laid as the crow flies and may take different routes from the cabinet before it reaches your home.

I am genuinely sorry that I can't offer you better news on this but hope my clarification on this has helped a little.

-Ciara

Advertisement