Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Preschool worries

Options
  • 03-08-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am worried about my son who is due to start preschool at the end of the month. He turned 3 in June and have potty trained him. He has to be toilet trained for preschool. He does have accidents now and then more so when he is really involved in an activity. The issue is that he cant pull up and down his pants. So he will tell me when he needs to go pee pee and i go with him to help him pull them down and up. He does try but cant get the hang of it. I am trying to get him to pull them up from the back as when he pulls them up from the front he cant get them over his bum.

I did the reward chart for potty training and feel I should have concentrated on this more at that time as now he doesn't care if he gets a sticker or not.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Would tracksuit pants help in a bigger size until he gets the hang of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

I work in a pre-school and would advise tracks out pants also. So much easier for little kids. We record toilet accidents and the amount of times I have written 'could not open button in time'.
    We always encourage the kids to come to us for help if they need it but it's great for their confidence if they can manage on their own. So tracksuit pants or elasticated trousers all the way.

Advertisement