Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good value dinner in Laois

• 03-08-2016 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Where in laois does a good dinner full or half for a good price?

In Portlaoise there's Tynan's http://tynans.ie/ which has a great menu and caters for all tastes.
    Also Killeshin hotel, I have only ever had good food there.
    Midway is good too.

Abbeyleix
    McEvoys is great for evening meals and Sunday lunch

In Durrow
    there's Bowes which is very popular and tasty too.
    And you can't fault Castle Arms if it's a traditional roast or bacon and cabbage you'd like

Portarlington, O'Dea's does good value pub grub.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,608 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Hi.

In Portlaoise there's Tynan's http://tynans.ie/ which has a great menu and caters for all tastes.
    Also Killeshin hotel, I have only ever had good food there.
    Midway is good too.

I can't recommend anywhere in Abbeyleix for a "good" dinner, but McEvoys is great for evening meals and Sunday lunch.

In Durrow there's Bowes which is very popular and tasty too.
    And you can't fault Castle Arms if it's a traditional roast or bacon and cabbage you'd like.

That's about it in Laois for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

In Portarlington, O'Dea's does good value pub grub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

Would definitely recommend Tynan's in Portlaoise. I eat there very regularly and the food is second to none. Everything is freshly cooked and tastes really good. Lots of options for all tastes too.

Killeshin is quite good too although apart from the daily special, the rest of the menu might not give a wide range of 'dinner' options.

I've heard good things about the Heritage in town as well. I think the hotel is getting an overhaul and apparently the lunch is good but I haven't tried it yet myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

I normallymgo to the blue door in portlaoise the food is pretty decent there

Advertisement