Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joint Savings Account

Options
  • 03-08-2016 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Myself & my fiancée would like to open a joint savings account. Can you tell me what options are available to us? Will we need to go to a branch to do this? We're both BOI customers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

glen25 wrote: »
    Myself & my fiancée would like to open a joint savings account. Can you tell me what options are available to us? Will we need to go to a branch to do this? We're both BOI customers.
    Hi glen25

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards and your interest in saving with us.

There's a range of different accounts available to you, some joint accounts can be opened online on our website, over the phone and also in Branch. 

As there are different requirements attached to the range of deposit accounts we offer, we would be happy to arrange for an Advisor to call you to discuss further? Would you like to PM us with your full name, contact number and Branch?

Our Savings Advisors can also be contacted on 0818 200 347 and are available Mon-Fri 9am-6pm and Saturday 10-2pm.

Many Thanks
    Alison 

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭glen25

Hi Alison,

Thank you for that information.  We are going to open a joint current account.  We are both BOI customers and with work patterns etc we are finding it difficult to get into a branch together.  Can one of us go into branch to open the account with the completed application form with all the necessary documentation for the two of us?

I've tried to ring the branch but as usual it'd be easier to get through to the president.  Its really bad customer service that the easiest way to get a reply to a simple question is to put it up on a public forum.  Its near impossible to get through to a customer service agent (especially Card Services) in any meaningful time frame.

Thanks..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi glen25, 

Thank you for coming back to us and we're extremely sorry to hear of the difficulty you've experienced with regards to getting in contact with some of our departments. Just to mention, if you have a query on your credit card, you can send a secure message via the Online Service Desk on 365Online. Alternatively, you can register for Card Care which offers a wide variety of extra services. 

You maybe able to open the Joint Account online here and this would help avoid a trip to the branch. If you are required to go to the branch, both of you would need to attend in order to sign for the account. However, it is not necessary for you both to go in at the same time. You can also book an appointment here on our website with any of our branches and a representative will call you back to confirm the details. 

I hope this helps and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

Advertisement