Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Negans Kill (the walking dead)

• 03-08-2016 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Does anybody know or have any good theories on who Negan killed? I really hope it wasnt Glenn, i dont care about anyone else

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

He'd be sensible to kill one of the weaker ones (injured or that) so he can use strong ones to his advantage. No idea who it was though. Just hope it wasn't Daryl or Michonne. I'd say one of the women but surely they'd want to use them

• Registered Users Posts: 27 power29

pc7 wrote: »
    He'd be sensible to kill one of the weaker ones (injured or that) so he can use strong ones to his advantage. No idea who it was though. Just hope it wasn't Daryl or Michonne. I'd say one of the women but surely they'd want to use them

I know that in the comics Negan is very against killing/raping women so I dont think its any of them, I dont think it was Daryl either he couldn't have taken two hits from a baseball bat after being shot, its not rick and its not carl, so I think its either Eugene, Abraham, Aaron or Glenn...hoping its Aaron 😂

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I've never read the comics. I'm kinda leaning towards Abraham cause of all the love ****e with Sasha. But thinking it could be Sasha even though she's a woman. Sure not too long now until we find out. Finding the Negan casting funny (love JDM), but keep thinking Sam and Dean (his kids in Supernatural) will arrive and save the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭BetsyEllen

Did the script of the TV series stay in line with the comics before Negan?

Just wondered if the person in the comics that was killed (I won't name here in case it's a spoiler for some) is likely to be the same in the show, or if the show have moved away from the comic story in the past - so we can expect a different outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

BetsyEllen wrote: »

Just wondered if the person in the comics that was killed (I won't name here in case it's a spoiler for some) is likely to be the same in the show, or if the show have moved away from the comic story in the past - so we can expect a different outcome?

Could be wrong, put from bits I've read about the comic version I think the show has moved away and done it's own thing with some characters stories. I think the story for the person killed in the comic has already very much been changed by the show so hoping it won't be them!

• Advertisement

It hasn't really followed the comics a lot but there's always the possibility that it could be the same person

power29 wrote: »
    It hasn't really followed the comics a lot but there's always the possibility that it could be the same person

could you pm me that person or spoiler it?

could you pm me that person or spoiler it?

I've no idea how to do the spoiler thing so I PM'd you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

It has to be Abraham - his story arc is dispensable......It must be him. His story was well thought out and grips the heart. However at this point in the tv series they will not sacrifice any proper characters.If they killed Glenn after the last season it would be a travesty- pizza boy should live, they saved his ass truly dramatically twice. (zombies and AK 40 7s)
    Personally I think for absolute dramatic WOW factor.... it should be Maggie. They killed a kid last season, so why not a wonderful leader who is pregnant.

Really step up to the plate TWD and blow any other series out of the water for the next 10 years raise that bar further .... do you see where I'm coming from?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

No, I think Glenn would be the perfect candidate for the chop; an annoying character with the charisma of a plank of wood.

Bash his head with that Baseball bat says me!

I will be very disappointed come October if Glenn has survived...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

There's plenty of photos from on set scenes floating around to rule people out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Does anybody know or have any good theories on who Negan killed? I really hope it wasnt Glenn, i dont care about anyone else
    I really hope it is Glenn, finally, and previous thing with him was a fake out.

Okon wrote: »
    No, I think Glenn would be the perfect candidate for the chop; an annoying character with the charisma of a plank of wood.

Bash his head with that Baseball bat says me!

I will be very disappointed come October if Glenn has survived...

Glenn is one of the best characters in the series, he's ricks right hand man and is about to become a kids father and is basically enids new dad.. But thats just my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Mullcorr

Glenn is one of the best characters in the series, he's ricks right hand man and is about to become a kids father and is basically enids new dad.. But thats just my opinion

I think Daryl is Rick's right hand man! I'd get over it if they killed Glenn but at the same time would prefer not to see him killed. Hopefully it'll be Sasha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Alonso77

smash wrote: »
    There's plenty of photos from on set scenes floating around to rule people out.

Ya, it seems according to certain Facebook TWD spoiler page that it's
    2 people that get the bat and it's relatively no real surprise Who they are

They could be wrong of course , there may be set misdirection etc going on but it would be hard to keep up that pretence for a full season of filming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Ya, it seems according to certain Facebook TWD spoiler page that it's
    2 people that get the bat and it's relatively no real surprise Who they are

They could be wrong of course , there may be set misdirection etc going on but it would be hard to keep up that pretence for a full season of filming

If they're to stay true to the comic then it would have to be Glenn and Daryl if it's two people. Daryl is an upset for the show because he's not in the comic. He's a great character that I'd hate to see go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

...and is about to become a kids father and is basically enids new dad..

Even more reason to kill the annoying f***er... plenty of shock value!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

It's Friday I'm feeling grumpy stuck in an office.... so I'm saying Michonne. That whole romance with Rick is just to make us think she's going to be around for awhile.

Yep Michonne and maybe Abraham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Threads

I know who gets it in the comic, but the TV version tends to mix things up a bit.
    It's a 2 horse race- It's either Eugene because he's not overly close to anyone in the group and I didn't hear anyone reacting when Negan started swinging.
    Or it's Glenn. Maggie's pregnant, he has just survived a major test and he was dispensing advice like an agony aunt in the last 2-3 episodes.
    My money's on Glenn.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

As long as it's not Aaron....he's wayyyyyy too dispensable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Sadly I know who it is. Not even going to spoiler tag it though. And no comment related thereto will I comment on. I just wish they didn't screw up the finale! Wouldnt have been in this situation now!!

Sadly I know who it is. Not even going to spoiler tag it though. And no comment related thereto will I comment on. I just wish they didn't screw up the finale! Wouldnt have been in this situation now!!

How do you know who it is for sure? Do you work on the show?

I also wanted to ask this, but he said 'And no comment related thereto will I comment on' so I didn't bother.

I also wanted to ask this, but he said 'And no comment related thereto will I comment on' so I didn't bother.

lol hadn't really paid heed to that, you can't post something like that and then just walk away in my books :D
    Maybe his post will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, .......

lol hadn't really paid heed to that, you can't post something like that and then just walk away in my books :D
    Maybe his post will self destruct in 5, 4, 3, .......

Agreed!
    It's like being at school...'I know you something you don't know, ner ner ner' Haha

Come on The Talking Bread, don't leave us hanging!
    At least tell us HOW you know...
    Otherwise I will have to assume you're lying :P

why the smart a££ comment. If you want to know I will tell you who why and how. Just PM me. I would assume most people don't want it spoiled! There is a disfference between coming on the thread and speculating! Than coming on and saying that you know for a fact such and such died! I found a happy medium!

Oh and your assumption I am lying! I can deal with that!!

why the smart a££ comment. If you want to know I will tell you who why and how. Just PM me. I would assume most people don't want it spoiled! There is a disfference between coming on the thread and speculating! Than coming on and saying that you know for a fact such and such died! I found a happy medium!

Oh and your assumption I am lying! I can deal with that!!

I didn't think it was a smart arse comment?
    And I was only messing when I said I assume you're lying, hence the silly face after it.

I've no interest in knowing who it is but out of interest would love to know how you know - because if you do have something to do with the show, or know someone who does that's quite interesting.

I didn't think it was a smart arse comment?
    And I was only messing when I said I assume you're lying, hence the silly face after it.

I've no interest in knowing who it is but out of interest would love to know how you know - because if you do have something to do with the show, or know someone who does that's quite interesting.

of course I have nothing to do with the show! Obviously!

All I will say is there are obsessive fan sites on the internet that follow filming around for months, taking photos, videos, near stalking the actors' movements!. Whilst there is no way they would have seen the actual lucille scene they have deduced from the evidence of multiple days/weeks filming involving other characters that .....well you know! AMC even threatened one well known site with court injunctions and to sue them if they carried on "revealing" and the site has basically been a Lucille free referenced site by the owners ((members still speculate) since as they know that although AMC don't have a hope in winning a case, the site owners will still have to take a defence and defence costs arent cheap in USA and mostly irretrievable, even if you win your case.

Anyway the site has a near unflawed record of spoiler success so I would be fairly confident it got it right. I wouldn't swear on it in court, just going by my natural instincts in trusting the evidence!

I wasn't being smart in the slightest! With your username and confidence you knew made me genuinely interested! Like betsy I don't want to know. Not long to go now so I'll hold tight.

• Advertisement

And no where did I suggest you were lying! I think my follow up posts where fairly tongue in cheek. As a side my message WILL self destruct in 5,4,3. ;)

I'd hate to know who it was. Why did you do that to yourself Bread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Abraham I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Don't care who it was but that last scene both sight and sound are still playing in my head and I feel eerie.

It was done in In way that I felt it was my own head being bashed in. and blood pouring down my face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,371 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Washout wrote: »
    Don't care who it was but that last scene both sight and sound are still playing in my head and I feel eerie.

It was done in In way that I felt it was my own head being bashed in. and blood pouring down my face

See? Yer mammy was right about sitting too close to the telly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

I think its Eugene...There is no other reason for Eugene to give his recipe for bullet making away...I'd say its him or Abraham as his story developed in the last season...

• Advertisement

Gregorym2 wrote: »
    I think its Eugene...There is no other reason for Eugene to give his recipe for bullet making away...I'd say its him or Abraham as his story developed in the last season...

I hope so, he wouldn't be much of a loss really.

I hope so, he wouldn't be much of a loss really.

Ah Eugene is a good character. You need that balance of personalities. But excellent point rear the bullets. That final scene between Eugene and Abraham seems ominous for either arguably.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll be amazed if it isn't who it is in the comics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great thing about it is that while Glenn seems the obvious choice based on the source material, that very fact leaves you thinking - would it be that obvious? Surely they'll go for a lesser character? I think that very expectation will mean that even if it does end up being Glenn, it'll still be quite a shock to those who follow the comic.

I saw a clip from the first episode of the new series last night - I now think it may be who's in the comics too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭white apples

I have a funny feeling that we're not even going to find out who it is in episode 1 - they could concentrate on Carol and Morgan and may only show the scene that has already been released - leaving us hanging until episode 2. Wouldn't be in the least surprised. :)

I have a funny feeling that we're not even going to find out who it is in episode 1 - they could concentrate on Carol and Morgan and may only show the scene that has already been released - leaving us hanging until episode 2. Wouldn't be in the least surprised. :)

I think you're right. I can't cope!!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They will definitely show it in the first episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I saw a clip from the first episode of the new series last night - I now think

Shouldn't this be spoilered?

Dandelion6 wrote: »
    Shouldn't this be spoilered?

Not really - it's only me saying what I think. I'm not telling you anything that I actually saw, just my thoughts after watching the clip.

I saw a clip from the first episode of the new series last night - I now think it may be who's in the comics too.
    I also saw this clip!! Negan looks like a whole different type of crazy!! I cant wait!!!

I also saw this clip!! Negan looks like a whole different type of crazy!! I cant wait!!!

I think I saw the same one....and I thought it might not be the person from the comics.....

I think I saw the same one....and I thought it might not be the person from the comics.....

I really hope you're right!

I really haven't a clue who its gonna be. people saying that because of the blood on Ricks cheek that it is somebody on his right....but I really am loving the hype to this episode. I think whoever it is that gets the bat will be a massive loss.

also will we get to see the brutality of the kill or is it too much to show somebody getting the brains bashed out of them?

I really haven't a clue who its gonna be. people saying that because of the blood on Ricks cheek that it is somebody on his right....but I really am loving the hype to this episode. I think whoever it is that gets the bat will be a massive loss.

also will we get to see the brutality of the kill or is it too much to show somebody getting the brains bashed out of them?

I had this thought too but couldn't be bothered to go back and analyse the line up :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement