Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

• 03-08-2016 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭

World_Heavyweight_Championship_%28WWE%29_%282002%29_-_present.jpg
    Cheese Wagstaff - 2015 Winner

Yes folks it's the return of the Pro Wrestling Fantasy League Tournament, which is free to play and open to all on the wrestling forum.

The game works similar to fantasy football games you may have seen: simply pick a squad of wrestlers and they will earn you points each week if they can win their matches on Raw/Smackdown or a PPV.

The game is a great way to stay interested in the WWE. Here are a selection of some testimonials from last year's players:
    “a fantastic competition. It sure kept my interest up in WWE.”

“It definitely kept my interest in the product”

“a very enjoyable game…a great way to keep interested in down periods.”

This game is far shorter than the fantasy football versions you may be used to. The plan is to conclude the contest in early December, on the week of the final PPV of the year.

Calculating the scores will be done by me. The only thing players have to do is submit their teams.

Last year's tournament was won by the impressive Cheese Wagstaff, with our runner-up being A Brad Maddox Guy.

We also held a popular Cup competition alongside the league which pitted participants against one another. This was won by LeeJM who was victorious over DM_7 in the final.

I'm planning on launching this year's tournament on Monday, August 8th, so sign up to play now. What's in store for this year? Read on...

Squad Size

To play the game you select a fantasy squad of 7 wrestlers from the WWE roster, consisting of:

• 3 Main Event Tier Wrestlers

• 3 Upper Tier Wrestlers

• 1 Lower Tier Wrestler

Your squad must be submitted before each deadline: before the start of Raw (or if it's a PPV week, before the first pre-show match of the PPV)

Selecting a Captain

From your starting squad you select a captain whose points score will be doubled.

Transfers

After the first deadline passes you will receive 2 free transfers per Gameweek. Note that if you do not make transfers they will NOT carry over to the next week.

Points Scoring

For appearing in a match on a show 1 pt (Note - They have to have been in a match)

For a win from a Main Event Tier pick 3 pts

For a win from an Upper Tier pick 4 pts

For a win from a Lower Tier pick 5 pts

The Cup

As noted above, last year we ran a cup game in conjunction with the league which LeeJM won.

The first round of the cup this year is scheduled to begin on Gameweek 4.

Qualifying for the Cup

Ideally I’d like to have at least 16 players involved as it’s a handy number. I intend to make available an automatic spot in the Cup for last year’s winner LeeJM, plus the top 3 players in last year’s league: Cheese Wagstaff, A Brad Maddox Guy and Bounty Hunter.

If we get over 16 players then the remaining spots will be allocated to the highest league positions before Gameweek 4 begins; so your qualification would depend on your league performance.

The Cup will continue every second week and ought to wrap up 2 weeks before the league itself finishes.

Bonus Points

Last year bonus points were offered on certain gameweeks - usually PPV weeks. e.g. when the two part-timers Brock Lesnar and Undertaker clashed, we offered players an extra 3 points if they could predict the winner of the match.

We also had a special week where players would lose points if their wrestlers lost a match.

Special bonus features like these will return this year.

Deletion

To ensure people near the bottom of the table have something to fight for, this year the bottom four players on the final week will be eliminated from the game - or as Matt Hardy might say - DELETED from existence.

Can you avoid the indignity of not even finishing the game like everyone else?

How do I get started?

Just submit your 7 person squad from the roster below and you're in. Simple as that. Remember: you pick 3 names from the Main Event Tier; 3 from the Upper Tier; and just 1 from the Lower Tier.

The Roster

Main Event Tier (Pick 3)

Men

AJ Styles
    Bray Wyatt
    Dean Ambrose
    Dolph Ziggler
    Finn Balor
    John Cena
    Kevin Owens
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Women

Becky Lynch
    Charlotte
    Eva Marie
    Natalya
    Nia Jax
    Sasha Banks

Upper Tier (Pick 3)

Men

Alberto Del Rio
    Apollo Crews
    Baron Corbin
    Big Cass
    Big E
    Big Show
    Braun Strowman
    Cesaro
    Chad Gable
    Chris Jericho
    Enzo Amore
    Erick Rowan
    Jason Jordan
    Kalisto
    Kane
    Karl Anderson
    Kofi Kingston
    Luke Gallows
    Neville
    Rhyno
    Rusev
    Sami Zayn
    Sheamus
    Shelton Benjamin
    The Miz
    Xavier Woods

Women

Alexa Bliss
    Carmella
    Dana Brooke
    Paige

Lower Tier (Pick 1)

Aiden English
    Bo Dallas
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Curtis Axel
    Darren Young
    D-Von Dudley
    Epico
    Fandango
    Goldust
    Jack Swagger
    Jey Uso
    Jimmy Uso
    Jinder Mahal
    Konnor
    Mark Henry
    Mojo Rawley
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Simon Gotch
    Titus O’Neil
    Tyler Breeze
    Viktor
    Zack Ryder

Women

Summer Rae
    Alicia Fox
    Naomi

Note - Part-timers like Brock Lesnar and Triple H have not been included. New names may be added to the list if and when they debut. i.e. Bayley, Samoa Joe etc.

Just like with fantasy football games, you can change your team as many times as you like before the game begins officially next week.

But once Raw begins, the team you posted will be set for the week.

I will get things started off with my own selection.

Main Event Tier - Finn Balor
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Kofi Kingston

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neil

My captain: Chad Gable

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Eva main event tier... love it!

Main Event Tier - Randy Orton
    Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose

Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Apollo Crews

Lower Tier - Darren Young

My captain: Braun Strowman

Glad to see this back. This plus Brand Split = me def interested in shows currently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Eva Marie a main eventer, and no Heath Slater?

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sign me up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Eva Marie a main eventer, and no Heath Slater?

Well Smackdown only has 6 women; and with a new title on the way, and the fact they gave her a big fancy entrance, I'm guessing she will be in the title picture unfortunately.

I'll add Slater when it becomes clear which brand he's on. (Most likely in the Lower Tier)

Beakerjoes team :

Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier - Sasha Banks

Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Big Cass

Lower Tier - Mojo Rawley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

As the defending PWBFLT Cup Champion, I am stipulating that I will only defend my Championship if I have an Eva Marie like entrance for every Cup match.

Seriously though, Im delighted this is back. Ill post my squad later

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

The 1 in 1 & 0 has returned. The reigning, defending...CHEESSE WAAAAGSTAAAFF.

I'll post my picks later.

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns

Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Rhyno

Lower Tier - Tyler Breeze

My captain : Braun Strowman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Main Event: Rollins, Cena, Style

Upper Tier: Strowman, Cesaro, Rusev

Lower Tier: Young

Captain: Rusev

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Main Event:

Seth Rollins
    Finn Balor
    Nia Jax

Upper Tier:

Braun Strowman
    Apollo Crews
    Chad Gable

Lower Tier:

Darren Young

Captain: Braun Strowman

• Advertisement

Its looking like we arent gonna have a cup this year :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Main Event Tier - Sasha Banks
    Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose

Upper Tier - Apollo Crews
    Upper Tier - Neville
    Upper Tier - Rusev

Lower Tier - Summer Rae

My captain: Dean Ambrose

LeeJM wrote: »
    Its looking like we arent gonna have a cup this year :(

Take-up has been slower than I'd hoped for but we had 12 in the Cup last year and we've 7 names so far so hopefully we can get a late flurry of sign-ups.

I hope I haven't made the explanation of things too convoluted. :o

Not convoluted at all MNG. Just doesnt seem to be as many ppl around here these days. Which is strange considering how good WWE has been recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

After getting battered in ATH I'll expose myself to some more ridicule.

Team Name; Kankan's Kanenites.

Main Event Tier - Nia Jax

Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Sheamus

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neill

My captain : Braun Strowman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Main Event Tier (Pick 3)
    Sasha Banks
    AJ Styles
    Finn Balor

Upper Tier
    Jason Jordan
    Chris Jericho
    Rusev

Lower Tier
    Zack Ryder

Captain: Chris Jericho

Thus far I've 9 submitted entries with a little over 48 hours to go before Gameweek 1 is set to start.

New players welcome.

A little over 24 hours left until launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Long Time silent user of Boards but gonna give this a go if ye dont mind?

Top - Dolph / Nia Jax / Balor
    Middle - Strowman / Rhyno / Crews
    Bottom - Jinder

Capt - Rhyno

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Main Event - Finn Balor, Dolph Ziggler & Nia Jax

Upper Tier - Chris Jericho, Sheamus & Chad Gable

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neil

Captain - Nia Jax

• Advertisement

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Long Time silent user of Boards but gonna give this a go if ye dont mind?

Sure thing. Welcome.

I've 11 entries thus far. A few more would be great.

Current list of players:
    • Bounty Hunter
    • beakerjoe
    • LeeJM
    • paulie21
    • Cheese Wagstaff
    • WinnyThePoo
    • Kankan14
    • DM_7
    • daithi1989
    • A Brad Maddox Guy
    • Myself

Still accepting entries before the start of tonight's Raw.

Just 45 minutes to go before launch. Here are the most popular picks for the week ahead:
    Popular trends - G.W. 1

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Finn Balor 7

2. Seth Rollins 5

3. AJ Styles & Nia Jax 4

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Braun Strowman 8

2. Chad Gable 5

= Rusev 5

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Titus 3

= Darren Young 3

2. Others 1

A lot of support for the big man Braun who is also the most popular captaincy choice this week currently.

If you haven't signed up yet, there's still time to join in. Just submit a squad of 7 from the roster posted on page 1.

250px-WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Raw is in the books and that means it's time to check the scores following the show.

There is still Smackdown to come so this table should change dramatically in 24 hours but here is what things look like at the halfway stage of this gameweek...

*Note - Raw spoilers are below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Gameweek 1 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. paulie21.............................................................................27 points

2. beakerjoe...........................................................................19 points

= DM_7.................................................................................19 points

3. Kankan14...........................................................................17 points

4. Bounty Hunter.....................................................................16 points

= Cheese Wagstaff...................................................................16 points

5. WinnyThePoo.......................................................................14 points

6. LeeJM................................................................................10 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy................................................................7 points

= Mr.Nice Guy...........................................................................7 points

8. daithi1989............................................................................5 points

League Fallout

It's been a very good start for paulie21 who was the only player to have Cesaro - who pulled double duty on Raw - plus he also had Braun Strowman, Darren Young, and he stuck the captaincy on Rusev. A fine beginning to the game for him.

beakerjoe and DM_7 also start off strong and Sasha Banks proved a smart Main Event tier pick for both guys on a show where most main eventers didn't wrestle.

Raw results

Chris Jericho defeated Enzo Amore via D.Q.

Braun Strowman defeated Jorel Nelson.

Darren Young defeated Titus O'Neil.

Cesaro defeated Sheamus.

Neville and Sin Cara defeated The Dudley Boyz.

Sasha Banks defeated Dana Brooke.

Luke Gallows defeated Kofi Kingston.

Rusev defeated Cesaro.

200px-Cesaro_Andre_the_Giant_trophy.jpg

As noted above, Cesaro would have been very handy this week as he won his match and appeared in one later which, while a loss for him, still meant an extra appearance point.

Braun Strowman delivered which most people expected, while Darren Young did well for those who had him.

Looking over the results, Sin Cara suddenly seems an interesting option worth considering for next week.

Want to join in?

The game is under way but new players will always be welcome. There is a Cup contest that runs alongside the league where players will take on one another, so sign up now and secure a place. To sign up just submit a squad and you'll be added to the contest.

That concludes the Raw update. On to tonight's Smackdown Live...

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Well Smackdown Live has come and gone and that means we reach the end of Gameweek 1.

As expected, the Smackdown scores have made a big difference on our league table. I have added the Smackdown scores to the Raw scores so below you will find your overall score for the week.

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Gameweek 1 Standings

1. Bounty Hunter.....................................................................29 points

2. paulie21.............................................................................27 points

3. DM_7.................................................................................24 points

4. WinnyThePoo.......................................................................22 points

5. Cheese Wagstaff..................................................................21 points

= Kankan14............................................................................21 points

6. LeeJM................................................................................20 points

7. beakerjoe...........................................................................19 points

= daithi1989...........................................................................19 points

8. Mr.Nice Guy.........................................................................17 points

9. A Brad Maddox Guy..............................................................16 points

League Fallout

Bounty Hunter finishes the week on top after his impressive haul of 13 points for Smackdown - the second highest for the show - moves him from fifth to first place. Wins for Orton, Ambrose and Gable got him the points.

The highest score for Smackdown was achieved by daithi1989 who earned a hefty 14 points via wins from his captain Rhyno, plus Dolph Ziggler.

The average for the week overall was 21 points.

Smackdown results

American Alpha defeated local competitors.

Becky vs Eva resulted in a No Contest.

Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch.

Randy Orton defeated Alberto Del Rio via D.Q.

Rhyno defeated Heath Slater.

Carmella defeated Natalya.

Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler defeated Bray Wyatt and Erick Rowan.

220px-Carmella_March_2015.jpg

With wins for the new women Carmella and Alexa, is there value to be had in getting them into your squad for next week?

Interesting to note that the four most popular picks at the start of the week - Finn Balor, Seth Rollins, AJ Styles and Nia Jax - none of them ended up in active competition. Will you keep faith with them or is it time to transfer them out?

On to Gameweek #2...

Deadline

The deadline once again will be before the start of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Cup Competition

The plan remains to start the Cup on Gameweek #4. Ideally another player will join before then and we'll have an even number to work with. If not, I'll have to go with two groups of four and one group of three; the bottom player in each group would be eliminated at the end of the group stage.

Want to join in?

The game is under way but new players will always be welcome. As noted above there is a Cup contest that runs alongside the league where players will compete against one another, so sign up now and you can secure a place. To sign up just submit a squad and you'll be added to the contest.

Good luck for the week ahead. Gameweek #2 is now open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Good riddance Seamus and nia jax

Welcome the Cesaro section and Romulus Reigns.

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns

Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neill

My captain : Rusev

Quick Question?? Does PPVs count as well as Raw and Smackdown?

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - SASHA BANKS OUT - RANDY ORTON IN

Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Big Cass

Lower Tier - MOJO RAWLEY OUT - DARREN YOUNG IN

daithi1989 wrote: »
    Quick Question?? Does PPVs count as well as Raw and Smackdown?

Yep we will be including PPVs. They are important weeks as there's extra points to be gained in those weeks.

• Advertisement

My 2 Transfers are Dolph and Rhyno Out, Sasha Banks and Big Cass In.

New Squad:
    Sasha Finn Nia
    Big Cass Strowman Crews
    Jinder

Captain for this week is Big Cass.

Advertisement