Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown has finished and so too has our twelfth gameweek. We are now 60 per cent of the way through the contest and we have just 8 gameweeks remaining.

This week was a big week with semi-finalists in the Fantasy Cup to be determined, as well as the latest news in our league; and I can reveal it's been hugely exciting on both those fronts. I will have the latest on that below, along with the Smackdown scores.

I will also reveal details on the special situation involved next week, plus the Hell in a Cell PPV bonus on offer. And that's not all, next week also sees us discover which four teams make the semi-finals of the tag team tournament. Let's waste no more time and get into it...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

Bounty Hunter.............................14 pts
    LeeJM........................................12 pts
    WinnyThePoo...............................11 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff............................8 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy..................................8 pts
    Kankan14.....................................6 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy........................4 pts
    daithi1989....................................4 pts
    Gaw_...........................................4 pts
    paulie21.......................................4 pts
    beakerjoe......................................1 pt
    DM_7............................................1 pt

Smackdown Fallout

It is Bounty Hunter who gets the highest score for Smackdown via wins for Heath Slater, Nikki Bella and AJ Styles. LeeJM landed the second highest score through wins for his captain AJ Styles and Nikki Bella.

Cheese Wagstaff merits a special mention this week as every member of his team, with the exception of Braun Strowman, managed to pick up wins.

The average score for Smackdown was 6 points.

And now at long last let us see which four players have progressed to the Fantasy Cup semi-finals...

PW Fantasy Cup Quarter-Finals - 2nd Leg (Final Scores)

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Kankan14 50 - 51 Mr.Nice Guy

DM_7 40 - 44 LeeJM

Bounty Hunter 52 - 54 paulie21

beakerjoe 41 - 50 daithi1989

Fantasy Cup Fallout

Only one point separated myself and Kankan14 in the tie. To illustrate how close this tie was, going into the Smackdown main event Kankan14 led me by 3 points. I was sure I was about to lose - and then James Ellsworth cost Ambrose the match and gave me the four points I needed to advance. In other words, forget Ambrose - Ellsworth screwed Kankan14. Commiserations to my opponent who gave me a hell of a battle.

In the repeat of last year's Cup final we had more drama as LeeJM turned into LazarusJM and clawed back the advantage in a big upset. DM_7 has been the star man of the game so far but had no luck this week and it proved costly. It means LeeJM is still in with a chance of retaining his Cup title.

In the third tie, paulie21 knew he was through but it ended up being by just a whisker. To show how close it was, if Kevin Owens had won his match on Raw then this tie would have went the other way.

In the final tie, the first leg advantage for daithi1989 proved decisive. Both beakerjoe and daithi1989 picked up the same score for Raw and Smackdown combined this week and so the lead from the first leg proved to be key.

With the path to the final having been determined a few weeks ago, we know our semi-final line-up:

Mr.Nice Guy vs daithi1989

paulie21 vs LeeJM

Myself vs daithi1989 is a new match-up; paulie21 and LeeJM met in the group stages and on that occasion LeeJM won by just two points. Which players will make it to the final?

The semi-final ties will take place over two legs with the first leg occurring on Gameweek #14 and the second leg on Gameweek #16.

In the event of a game finishing as a draw, the player with the most points from their captaincy choices over the two legs will advance.

In the event that this doesn't give us a winner, then a special one-off replay will determine the winner.

Good luck.

Now let's see what Smackdown has meant for our league table...

Gameweek 12 Standings

1. DM_7...........................................................................324 points

2. Bounty Hunter...............................................................319 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................309 points

4. paulie21.......................................................................295 points

5. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................289 points

6. daithi1989....................................................................284 points

7. beakerjoe....................................................................273 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................263 points

9. LeeJM.........................................................................262 points

10. Kankan14...................................................................258 points

11. Gaw_........................................................................246 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................200 points

League Fallout

The man in first position remains DM_7 but the lead has been shortened to just 5 points after a tough week for the league leader. The title race has been blown wide open and next week will bring its own unique challenge (more on that below).

It is looking very interesting down in the Deletion Zone with LeeJM proving our only mover following Smackdown and he rises to ninth. The bottom four face elimination - who will they be?

Smackdown results

Bray Wyatt defeated Kane in a No D.Q. match.

The Hype Bros defeated The Ascension.

Nikki Bella defeated Natalya.

Heath Slater and Rhyno defeated The Spirit Squad.

AJ Styles defeated Dean Ambrose via D.Q.

250px-The_Usos_2014.jpg

The Usos remain a very popular Lower Tier option and half of players have one in their line-up, but with neither guy appearing in the past two weeks are they no use-o right now? Geddit? (Sorry).

On to Gameweek #13 (Tag Tournament, PPV AND a Special Week)

260px-WWE_SmackDown_Tag_Titles.jpeg

A fortnight ago we said goodbye to our first tag team as A Daithi Guy lasted about as long as the tag team of Sami Zayn and Neville did on Raw. Both men have gone their separate ways.

We now have 5 tag teams in play and same as last time, the bottom team will be eliminated and we will be left with our four semi-finalists (top team plays fourth team, second team plays the third team). Here's how things look at the moment:

1. Cheesy Guys (Cheese Wagstaff and Mr.Nice Guy) - 66

2. BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14) - 55

3. P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7) - 49

4. Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ - 44

5. L.I.B.: Los Ingobernables de Boards (LeeJM and WinnyThePoo) - 40

In the event teams are tied for last place, points from captaincy choices will be used to break the deadlock.

It will be interesting to see what the above table looks like when the week is done, especially with the special week ahead...

*****Points Loss Week*****

220px-Beck_Loser.jpg

It's Halloween week and this is the scariest week for us because for the only time in the game you will stand to lose points if wrestlers in your line-up are defeated.

Normally if your wrestler loses you have to make do with just one appearance point. This week, you will still get 1 appearance point but if your wrestler loses, you will lose 4 points for the defeat; so effectively you're looking at a minus three score for a loss this week.

There's more: if you stick the captaincy on a wrestler that loses, the loss will be doubled!

The 4 points loss will apply to all tiers. (Points for wins will operate as they always do).

We did this last year and a few players ended up with minus scores so this week is arguably the trickiest hurdle to overcome. It will separate the men from the boys. You must think very carefully about your decisions this week.

*****Hell in a Cell Bonus Pts*****

220px-Hell_in_a_cell_poster_2016.jpg

This time it's an optional bonus. It's up to you if you want to gamble.

We have 3 Hell in a Cell matches at the PPV:
    Roman Reigns vs Rusev

Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte

The bonus works like so: if you decide to gamble, you must correctly predict all 3 results; if you do, you earn 6 points.

BUT...

In keeping with the points loss theme, if you predict just one result incorrectly then you will lose 6 points.

It is up to you to determine whether you wish to take on the gamble. Get it right and it could prove very handy, but get it wrong and it could go spectacularly wrong. Many of you may have your tag partners in your thoughts as well and not want to let them down. I told you there were some big calls to make this week.

As noted, the bonus is optional. If you don't want to take part in the bonus, simply write 'no bonus', or else just leave it blank and I'll take that as a sign you're not going for it.

Deadline

As it's a PPV week, the deadline will be before the first pre-show match of Hell in a Cell on October, 30th.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points. But remember this week if your captain loses, the points loss will be doubled.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup and tag tournament are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

Good luck for the hellacious week ahead, folks. Gameweek #13 is now open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Good game MNG!
    Great Craic when it goes to the wire.

This week's scores could see a lot of movers and shakers between the bonus points and stip.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

With the potential of losing points, I'm nearly happier to running solo after A Brad Maddox Guy left me high and dry!!

Good week ahead! Must have a proper look the squad and get rid of potential losers!

Dolph Out Owens In
    Cesaro Out Big E In

Owens Wyatt Reigns
    Strowman Big E TJP
    Jimmy

Captain Reigns

Gonna go for the 3 title holders to retain the HiaC matches; Sasha Owens Reigns

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

MAIN EVENT TIER - Kevin Owens
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Nikki Bella replaced by Roman Reigns
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Dean Ambrose

UPPER TIER - Cesaro replaced by Big E
    UPPER TIER - TJ Perkins
    UPPER TIER - The Miz

LOWER TIER - Heath Slater

Your captain:Kevin Owens

Hell In a Cell Extra Points competition

Roman Reigns vs Rusev= Roman Reigns

Kevin Owens vs Seth Rollins= Kevin Owens

Sasha Banks vs Charlotte= Sasha Banks

• Advertisement

Won't have between now and HIAC so here goes;

Main Event Tier - Sasha Banks
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Reigns

Upper Tier -Kofi in for Seamus
    Upper Tier - TJ Perkins
    Upper Tier - Big E in for Cesaro.

Lower Tier - Slater

Captain: Reigns

And finally to just to make sure I'm balls deep in my main event tier picks,
    I'll go for Owens,Reigns,Banks all to retain their straps.

Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella Kevin Owens in
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Big E
    Upper Tier - Sheamus Cedric Alexander in
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Bo Dallas

My captain: Roman Reigns

No bonus for me. I'm worried Vinny Mac might throw in a surprise result to mess with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

MAIN EVENT TIER - Sasha Banks Kevin Owens
    MAIN EVENT TIER - AJ Styles
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Dolph Ziggler Roman Reigns

UPPER TIER - Braun Strowman
    UPPER TIER - Cesaro
    UPPER TIER - Chris Jericho

LOWER TIER - Bo Dallas

Captain: Reigns

Bonus: Reigns, Owens, Charlotte

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Dean Ambrose
    In: Bray Wyatt

Out: Big E
    In: Alexa Bliss

Sasha Banks
    Roman Reigns
    Bray Wyatt

Alexa Bliss
    Baron Corbin
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Captain: Jimmy Uso

Bonus: No thank you

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would usually load a team up with Raw guys before a Raw PPV but the stip means I gotta get rid of Sheamo & Cesaro as I don't see the New Day losing the belts to them (even though I got them in for the non title win) before they defeat Demolitions record, so why not trade the two teams :D

Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Cesaro Big E
    Upper Tier - Sheamus Kofi

Lower Tier - Slater

My captain: Big E

the three Cell matches seem too obvious so even though I know i'll regret it im gonna opt out of the bonus as I feel they will throw a screwy booking spanner in the works by having Charlotte continue her PPV win streak by beating the boss in her home time or something. Even though in the prediction thread i'll be going for Sasha, Reigns & Owens

• Advertisement

On the Hell in a Cell pre-show thread citytillidie pointed out something which I'll add in here as well for those that haven't submitted and who may be planning on waiting until later on:
    Remember folks the clocks went back last night so the pre show will be at 11 and main show kick off at midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sheamus out, Big E in.
    Cesaro out, Kofi in.

Big E will be captain for the week.

Seth Rollins
    AJ Styles
    Nikki Bella

Braun Strowman
    Big E - (Captain)
    Kofi Kingston

Bo Dallas

HIAC bonus: Owens, Sasha, Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

AJ Styles OUT Bayley IN
    The Miz OUT Brian Kendrick IN

Main Event
    Roman Reigns
    Bayley
    Kevin Owens

Upper Tier
    Cesaro
    TJ Perkins
    Brian Kendrick

Lower Tier
    Jey Uso

Captain - Bayley

I think it'll end up being the three obvious results, no real faith in WWE surprising us. However I'm so far down the pecking line that I'm willing to risk plunging into the deletion zone to get a chance to compete once more and say Owens, Reigns & Charlotte to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose out Sasha Banks In
    Main Event Tier – Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns

Upper Tier - Big E
    Upper Tier - Sheamus out Karl Anderson In

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso

My captain: Big E

Bonus ; Owens Banks and Reigns to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Out: Cesaro for Braun Strowman
    Out: Nikki Bella for Bayley

Main
    Bayley, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns

Upper
    Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman, TJ Perkins

Lower
    Jimmy Uso

Captain
    Bayley

Bonus
    Reigns/Owens/Sasha (a necessary risk given my standing, otherwise I wouldn't)

Popular Trends - GW 13

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens 9

= Roman Reigns 9

2. AJ Styles 5

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Big E 8

2. Braun Strowman 7

3. T.J. Perkins 5

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jimmy Uso 4

2. Bo Dallas 3

= Heath Slater 3

Roman Reigns is joined at the top of the most popular Main Event picks category by Kevin Owens, with many relying on both to keep their respective titles at Hell in a Cell; Cesaro's popularity has nosedived as Big E emerges as the new favourite in the Upper Tier section; and players seem to have mostly kept faith with their Lower Tier picks.

As regards the bonus, 8 of you have decided to gamble; 6 of you reckon Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks will win, while 2 of you believe Reigns, Owens and Charlotte will win.

Good luck. This will be a massive week in the game as points are won and lost and I'm excited to see which players manage this week the best.

220px-Hell_in_a_cell_poster_2016.jpg

Hell in a Cell has come and gone and what a dramatic event it proved to be for us. I said this week would be significant but even I didn't forsee the ups and downs that last night provided. Some players have done spectacularly well out of the show, others had a night to forget. I can reveal that five players got the dreaded minus score.

I will begin by revealing the scores from the PPV (and what the bonus meant for players), what they mean for the tag team tournament standings, and finally the current status of our league table. Read on for the latest...

*Note - Hell in a Cell spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of the PPV.*

Hell in a Cell scores

A Brad Maddox Guy.......................29 pts
    paulie21......................................23 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.................................19 pts
    Gaw_...........................................7 pts
    DM_7...........................................1 pt
    daithi1989.....................................0 pts
    WinnyThePoo.................................0 pts
    LeeJM......................................... -1 pt
    beakerjoe.................................... -2 pts
    Bounty Hunter.............................. -2 pts
    Kankan14..................................... -3 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff........................... -15 pts

PPV Fallout

What looked like a pretty predictable show on paper turned out to be anything but, as WWE gave us some unexpected results which left many players hit hard.

The bonus last night was optional and asked players to predict the winners of the 3 Hell in a Cell matches. Eight players took the gamble but only two players successfully predicted that Reigns, Owens and Charlotte would win; these players were A Brad Maddox Guy and paulie21. Both of them picked up a bonus of 6 points. The players who gambled and failed to predict the winners lost 6 points.

A Brad Maddox Guy got a super score and the highest for the PPV thanks to wins for his captain Bayley, Reigns, Owens, Cesaro and Kendrick, plus the bonus points; paulie21 got the second highest score via wins for Owens, his captain Reigns, Cesaro and his bonus.

The average for Raw, reflecting the wide range of scores, was 5 points.

Now let's see what these scores meant for our tag team tournament ladder...

Tag Team Tournament Standings

1. P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7) - 73

2. Cheesy Guys (Cheese Wagstaff and Mr.Nice Guy) - 70

3. BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14) - 50

4. Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ - 49

5. L.I.B.: Los Ingobernables de Boards (LeeJM and WinnyThePoo) - 39

Tag Team Tournament Fallout

We have a new team at the top as paulie21 and DM_7 leap two places to first.

The bottom team faces elimination at the end of the week and that position is currently occupied by LeeJM and WinnyThePoo but Raw could end up changing things dramatically, especially with the points loss aspect in play.

Finally, let's see what the PPV meant for our league table...

Gameweek 13 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................328 points

2. DM_7..........................................................................325 points

3. paulie21......................................................................318 points

4. Bounty Hunter..............................................................317 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................292 points

6. daithi1989...................................................................284 points

7. Cheese Wagstaff...........................................................274 points

8. beakerjoe....................................................................271 points

9. LeeJM.........................................................................261 points

10. Kankan14...................................................................255 points

11. Gaw_........................................................................253 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................200 points

League Fallout

There's a new leader at the top and for the first time in the game it's me! I wasn't expecting that even though I've been picking up some good scores of late. It's so tight at the top of the table though and one of several players could be top after Raw, so I'll enjoy the moment in case it doesn't last. :cool:

There were other movers following the PPV. paulie21 has taken third spot and A Brad Maddox Guy has leaped from eighth to fifth on the back of his excellent PPV showing.

There's plenty to play for down in the Deletion Zone too with some very close scoring.

Hell in a Cell results

Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado & Sin Cara defeated Tony Nese, Drew Gulak & Ariya Daivari.

Roman Reigns defeated Rusev.

Bayley defeated Dana Brooke.

Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson defeated Enzo Amore & Big Cass.

Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins.

Brian Kendrick defeated TJ Perkins to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Cesaro & Sheamus defeated Big E and Xavier Woods via Disqualification.

Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks to win the Raw Women’s Championship.

220px-Bayley_NXT_Takeover_Dallas_2016.jpg

It's a good win for Bayley. Will she be the new challenger for the title?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Hell in a Cell update. On we go to Raw and I feel like anything could happen with this show...

A Brad Maddox Guy couldnt have done that when teaming with me!!

Man thats a bad week for a
    Battle Royal on Raw
    , Lots of losses, jeeez. MNG has his work cut out for him tallying up the scores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Man thats a bad week for a
    Battle Royal on Raw
    , Lots of losses, jeeez. MNG has his work cut out for him tallying up the scores.

Oh yeah just realised about that. Best of luck with that MNG

• Advertisement

Yeah that battle royal was a pain in the backside. I had to go back and watch the match to check who was in it. Then later I realised F4W's Raw report had listed all the participants involved which thankfully matched with my own notes.

Overall, Raw wasn't anywhere near as damaging for people as Hell in a Cell was.

I'll hopefully have the Raw update up no later than 7 pm.

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

The Halloween edition of Raw has concluded and fortunately for players it wasn't anywhere near as scary as Hell in a Cell, with no one ending up with minus scores for this show.

Below I'll list the Raw scores, the latest in the tag tournament standings, and finally the current league table. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

daithi1989.....................................18 pts
    Kankan14......................................13 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...................................12 pts
    beakerjoe.......................................9 pts
    DM_7.............................................9 pts
    paulie21.........................................9 pts
    WinnyThePoo...................................9 pts
    Gaw_.............................................8 pts
    Bounty Hunter.................................5 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy..........................2 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff..............................2 pts
    LeeJM............................................2 pts

Raw Fallout

The highest score for Raw goes to daithi1989, thanks to wins from his captain Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and T.J. Perkins.

The second highest score went to Kankan14, via wins from his captain Roman Reigns and T.J. Perkins.

The average for Raw was 8 points.

Here's what it means for the tag team tournament...

Tag Team Tournament Standings

1. P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7) - 91

2. Cheesy Guys (Cheese Wagstaff and Mr.Nice Guy) - 84

3. BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14) - 72

4. Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ - 62

5. L.I.B.: Los Ingobernables de Boards (LeeJM and WinnyThePoo) - 50

With the bottom team facing an exit it looks like it's going to come down to a battle between Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ versus L.I.B.

Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ look favourites to make it through but I believe LeeJM and WinnyThePoo can still advance with a strong Smackdown showing. Looking at their line-ups if they get wins from Ambrose, Miz and Luke Harper - who Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ don't have - then there is still a chance. Will they survive?

As regards the semi-finals, remember the first team plays the fourth and the second team plays third; we should know the semi-final line-up tomorrow.

Finally, let's see what the league table looks like following Raw...

Gameweek 13 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................340 points

2. DM_7..........................................................................334 points

3. paulie21......................................................................327 points

4. Bounty Hunter..............................................................322 points

5. daithi1989...................................................................302 points

6. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................294 points

7. beakerjoe....................................................................280 points

8. Cheese Wagstaff...........................................................276 points

9. Kankan14....................................................................268 points

10. LeeJM.......................................................................263 points

11. Gaw_........................................................................261 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................209 points

League Fallout

I remain on top with a lead of 6 points; it remains very close up there.

There's been a lot of movement following Raw with daithi1989 climbing to fifth after his great Raw score, while tag partners beakerjoe and Kankan14 have moved to seventh and ninth respectively. It continues to be very exciting down in the Deletion Zone and positions could easily change there soon.

Raw results

Enzo Amore defeated Luke Gallows.

T.J. Perkins defeated Brian Kendrick via count-out.

Braun Strowman won a 12-man battle royal that featured Sami Zayn, R-Truth and Goldust, Sheamus and Cesaro, Bo Dallas, Neville, Titus O'Neil, Curtis Axel, Jinder Mahal, and Darren Young to qualify for Raw's Survivor Series team.

Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann and Lince Dorado defeated Tony Nese, Drew Gulak and Ariya Daivari.

Nia Jax defeated Bayley.

Cesaro and Sheamus defeated The Shining Stars.

Roman Reigns defeated Chris Jericho via D.Q.

220px-Nia_Jax_WrestleMania_32_Axxess.jpg

Nia Jax returned to Raw with a big win. Is she on your radar for a transfer?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup and tag tournament are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Raw update. Over to Smackdown for the final points-loss show of the week as we discover which tag teams make the semi-finals, as well as the latest in our league.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown is in the record books and so too is gameweek 13. This show marked the end of the points-loss week, and I can reveal 5 players felt the sting of losing points. This show would also help determine which four tag teams reached the semi-finals of the tag team tournament.

I will begin the update by revealing the Smackdown scores, then the tag team tournament semi-final line-up, what the league table looks like at the end of the week, and finally I'll finish with details on a Survivor Series challenge that will be coming up in two weeks. I want to begin sorting the teams this week. More on that below.

Read on for all the latest...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown scores

DM_7.............................................17 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy............................6 pts
    beakerjoe.........................................6 pts
    daithi1989........................................6 pts
    Gaw_...............................................6 pts
    WinnyThePoo....................................4 pts
    Kankan14.........................................0 pts
    LeeJM............................................ -3 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.................................... -3 pts
    paulie21......................................... -3 pts
    Bounty Hunter................................. -6 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.............................. -6 pts

Smackdown Fallout

DM_7 gets the best score for Smackdown by some distance, thanks to wins for his captain Jimmy Uso, and Alexa Bliss. A Brad Maddox Guy, beakerjoe, daithi1989 and Gaw_ get the second highest scores, thanks to having a member of The Usos in their ranks.

Because of the points-loss aspect we had a terribly low average this week: 2 points.

Now let us see which tag teams advance to the semi-finals, and what the ties will be...

Tag Team Tournament Standings (Final)

1. P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7) - 105

2. BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14) - 78

3. Cheesy Guys (Cheese Wagstaff and Mr.Nice Guy) - 75

4. Bounty Hunter and Gaw_ - 62

5. L.I.B.: Los Ingobernables de Boards (LeeJM and WinnyThePoo) - 51

We have to bid farewell to L.I.B. who exit the tag team tournament after being unable to claw back the lead of Bounty Hunter and Gaw_, who secure the final spot in the semi-finals.

With first playing fourth, and second playing third, we now know the semi-final line-up which is as follows:

Semi-Final 1

P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7)

vs

Bounty Hunter and Gaw_

Semi-Final 2

BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14)

vs

Cheesy Guys (Cheese Wagstaff and Mr.Nice Guy)

These matches should be exciting as Bounty Hunter and paulie21 once again find themselves in competition after paulie21 narrowly won their Fantasy Cup quarter-final tie by two points. BH will be hoping his partner Gaw_ can help him get some revenge.

Myself and Kankan14 likewise have been pitted against one another after I edged our Fantasy Cup quarter-final by just one point. Unfortunately for my opponents me and my tag partner are planning on a cheesy guy final. ;)

The tag team semi-finals, unlike the Fantasy Cup semi-finals, will one-off matches and will take place in a fortnight on Gameweek #15.

In the event of a draw, the points from captaincy choices over the match will determine who advances.

In the event this fails to settle it, then a special replay will take place the following week.

Good luck to each team.

Now let's see the status of our league at the end of the week...

Gameweek 13 Standings

1. DM_7..........................................................................351 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................337 points

3. paulie21......................................................................324 points

4. Bounty Hunter..............................................................316 points

5. daithi1989...................................................................308 points

6. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................300 points

7. beakerjoe....................................................................286 points

8. Cheese Wagstaff...........................................................270 points

9. Kankan14....................................................................268 points

10. Gaw_........................................................................267 points

11. LeeJM.......................................................................260 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................213 points

League Fallout

Well my moment at the summit didn't last very long as DM_7 soars back to first position. I was wondering if this points-loss week might prove to be his undoing but he sees out the week with a 14 point lead, and has come through one of the toughest weeks in good shape. He remains the man to beat.

There is only one other mover but it's a significant one: Gaw_ has moved into tenth place and now has a realistic chance of moving out of the Deletion Zone. Considering he joined the game late and everyone else had a headstart over him, if he manages to move out of the bottom four it would be one of the most impressive feats of the game.

Smackdown results

Randy Orton defeated Kane in a No D.Q. match.

Alexa Bliss and Carmella defeated Becky Lynch and Nikki Bella.

American Alpha defeated The Spirit Squad.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Curt Hawkins.

The Usos defeated The Headbangers.

Dean Ambrose defeated AJ Styles to become number one contender.
    170px-Randy_Orton_Tribute_to_the_Troops_2010_crop.jpg

Orton is getting a good bit of screen time of late and isn't in any teams at present. Might he be worth a transfer?

On to Gameweek #14 (Fantasy Cup Week)

PW Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals - 1st Leg

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Mr.Nice Guy vs daithi1989

paulie21 vs LeeJM

As the quarter-finals showed, these ties can turn around dramatically in the second leg, but sometimes getting a solid advantage in the first leg can make all the difference. Which players will be in the driving seat at the end of the week?

Survivor Series Challenge

250px-WWESSLOGO2014.png

I touched on this a little while ago but I'm planning a tie-in tournament for the week of Survivor Series that will see all twelve players split into 2 teams of 6 to do battle. You'll be paired off to play against someone on the opposing team. The team with the most wins will be victorious. Details below.

What do the winning 6 players get?

As a prize, the winning 6 will be allowed to make 3 transfers the following week; everyone else will have to make do with the usual 2.

How it will work

Like when we assembled the tag teams, I'm going to ask you when submitting your team this week to choose a number between 1-12. Behind each number will be A or B. This will determine which team you will be on.

Two of the numbers between 1 and 12 have been marked 'captain'. I will reveal once the line-ups are finalised which players have ended up as the captain of their teams.

What does the captain do?

I'll explain more on this once the teams are sorted out, but it will be an important role for each team.

In summary...

Just choose a number between 1 and 12 this week when picking your line-ups. That's it for the moment.

Deadline

Raw next week will be taped in Glasgow so I'm going to ask you to submit your line-ups by Sunday evening.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's about it. Gameweek #14 is now open for business.

Wyatt Out Becky In
    Perkins Out Sami In

Owens Becky Reigns
    Big E Strowman Sami
    Jimmy

Captain: Sami

I'll go with number 7 - hope I get drawn against A Brad Maddox Guy to continue our fallout from the Tag Team Comp!

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I'll go with number 7 - hope I get drawn against A Brad Maddox Guy to continue our fallout from the Tag Team Comp!

You have landed in Team B.

You won't be the captain of Team B though as Team B's captaincy lies behind a different number.

P.S. maybe the team captains when they're picked can offer suggestions for a team name as Team A and Team B seems a bit lame. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

daithi1989 wrote: »

"How could they possibly co-exist on the same team Maggle?"

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier – Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns Out Becky Lynch In

Upper Tier - Big E Out Baron Corbin In
    Upper Tier - Karl Anderson

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso

My captain: Becky Lynch

Give me number 11

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Give me number 11

Number 11 sees you become the first member of Team A.

Still waiting on the captains to be determined though.

Remaining numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12.

Number 11 sees you become the first member of Team A.

Still waiting on the captains to be determined though.

Remaining numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12.

Team A know known as Handsome BeakerJoe and his loyal henchmen....right ?....guys?

• Advertisement

Main Event Tier - Reigns

Upper Tier -Braun in for kofi
    Upper Tier - TJ Perkins
    Upper Tier - Big E
    Lower Tier - Bo Dallas in for slater

Captain: Braun

Number 4 please

Advertisement