Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Number 4 please

Number 4 sees you as a member of Team B.

That means you find yourself on the opposing side of your tag team tournament partner beakerjoe.

Still waiting on the captaincy to be determined for both teams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella Becky Lynch
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Big E
    Upper Tier - Kofi Baron Corbin

Lower Tier - Slater

My captain: Baron Corbin

and let's get no.1 out of the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Number 4 sees you as a member of Team B.

That means you find yourself on the opposing side of your tag team tournament partner beakerjoe.

Still waiting on the captaincy to be determined for both teams.

Good!

Rumour has it He's been talking smack in the locker room area behind my back, bout how he's sick of carrying out team and he's the real leader, hence him looking to have team A name after himself. The first crack is appearing in our bond that once looked unbreakable.

He must watch himself o,r he'll go from here best friend to 'on the list'.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

MAIN EVENT TIER - Kevin Owens Dolph Ziggler
    MAIN EVENT TIER - AJ Styles
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Roman Reigns

UPPER TIER - Braun Strowman
    UPPER TIER - Cesaro
    UPPER TIER - Chris Jericho Sami Zayn

LOWER TIER - Bo Dallas

Captain: Dolph

I'll go No.3 please

and let's get no.1 out of the way

You are the latest member of Team B.

We still have to discover Team B's captain though.
    paulie21 wrote:
    I'll go No.3 please

At last we have our first captain determined!

Behold, the captain of Team A: paulie21.

I'll explain the role of the captains eventually once all the teams are sorted.

P.S. Have a think on a name for your team.

Remaining numbers: 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Bayley OUT AJ Styles IN
    Brian Kendrick OUT Alexa Bliss IN

Main Event
    Roman Reigns
    AJ Styles
    Kevin Owens

Upper Tier
    Cesaro
    TJ Perkins
    Alexa Bliss

Lower Tier
    Jey Uso

Captain - Jey Uso

I choose the number 8

I choose the number 8

You have joined Team A, captained by paulie21 and containing beakerjoe too.

Remaining numbers: 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

You have joined Team A, captained by paulie21 and containing beakerjoe too.

Remaining numbers: 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12.

Opposite teams! Time to end our fued - See you at Survivor Series!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

AJ Styles out, Dolph Ziggler in.
    Kofi Kingston out, Cesaro in.

Bo will be captain again this week.

Seth Rollins
    Dolph Ziggler
    Nikki Bella

Big E
    Cesaro
    Braun Strowman

Bo Dallas - (Captain)

I'll choose number 10 please.

I'll choose number 10 please.

We have found our captain for Team B! I'll explain more on what the role entails when the teams are sorted out.

Also have a think on what name you'd like for your team.

Current line-ups:

Team A
    paulie21 (capt.)
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy

Team B
    Cheese Wagstaff (capt.)
    daithi989
    Kankan14
    Bounty Hunter

Remaining numbers: 2, 5, 6, 9, 12.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Bray Wyatt
    In: Randy Orton

Out: Sasha Banks
    In: Seth Rollins

Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton

Alexa Bliss
    Baron Corbin
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Captain: Braun

I pick number 6

DM_7 wrote: »
    I pick number 6

Number six means you have become the latest member of Team A.

Current line-ups:

Team A
    paulie21 (capt.)
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    DM_7

Team B
    Cheese Wagstaff (capt.)
    daithi989
    Kankan14
    Bounty Hunter

Remaining numbers: 2, 5, 9, 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Out: Bayley for Dolph Ziggler
    Out: TJ Perkins for Cesaro

Main
    Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns

Upper
    Baron Corbin, Braun Strowman, Cesaro

Lower
    Jimmy Uso

Captain
    Braun Strowman

Number

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Number

You won't be joining your tag team tournament partner as number nine sees you become the latest member of Team A.

Team A
    paulie21 (capt.)
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    DM_7
    Gaw_

Team B
    Cheese Wagstaff (capt.)
    daithi989
    Kankan14
    Bounty Hunter

There's only three names left to be sorted out: LeeJM, WinnyThePoo and myself. I aim to post my team up before midnight so if I have no submissions from the other lads before that time then I'll randomly assign the last three names.

Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles Becky Lynch in

Upper Tier - Big E
    Upper Tier - Cedric Alexander
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Bo Dallas Goldust in

My captain: Cesaro

If I've no other submissions by midnight tonight then I'll randomly assign the last 3 players into the Survivor Series teams.

As midnight has passed and no more submissions were made on Sunday evening I have assigned the remaining 3 players to teams.

And so the final line-ups of both teams for the Survivor Series challenge looks like so:

Team A

paulie21 (captain)
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    DM_7
    Gaw_
    WinnyThePoo

Team B

Cheese Wagstaff (captain)
    daithi989
    Kankan14
    Bounty Hunter
    Mr.Nice Guy
    LeeJM

This week was all about finalising the teams. Next week we will get down to the exciting business of pairing you off against someone on the opposing team. I will explain how that process will work on Wednesday, once we get this gameweek out of the way.

In the meantime if paulie21 and Cheese Wagstaff have thought of a name for their team, feel free to reveal it. Perhaps other players have suggestions for a name they think is good and wish to share.

As regards LeeJM and WinnyThePoo who have not made changes to their teams this week, if they still wish to make changes to their line-up I will accept it providing it is in before noon on Monday; I am reluctant to wait any later than that as the Glasgow shows I understand will be taped in the early evening and I don't want to cut it close.

Popular Trends - GW 14

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens 8

= Roman Reigns 8

2. AJ Styles 4

= Becky Lynch 4

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Braun Strowman 8

2. Big E 7

3. Cesaro 6

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jimmy Uso 4

2. Bo Dallas 3

3. Heath Slater 2

= Jey Uso 2

The big news in the Main Event tier section is the emergence of Becky Lynch as one of the most popular options; in the Upper Tier section Braun Strowman has moved ahead of Big E as the most popular in that category, whilst Cesaro's popularity has risen again after it dipped last week; The Usos remain popular in the Lower Tier section with half of players having one of them.

Good luck for the week ahead, folks.

6 weeks remaining...

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

We are back to our usual form of points scoring this week which will be a relief to many, and with Raw now out of the way it means we are halfway through our fourteenth gameweek. Below you will find the scores from Raw in Glasgow, what they mean for the Fantasy Cup semi-final 1st leg, and finally the current league standings. Read on for the latest...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

daithi1989.....................................17 pts
    beakerjoe......................................14 pts
    Kankan14......................................12 pts
    WinnyThePoo..................................10 pts
    Gaw_..............................................7 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy......................................7 pts
    paulie21..........................................7 pts
    Bounty Hunter...................................6 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy............................5 pts
    DM_7..............................................4 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............................3 pts
    LeeJM.............................................2 pts

Raw Fallout

The highest score for Raw goes to daithi1989; his decision to put the captaincy on Sami Zayn worked brilliantly with Zayn winning, as did Kevin Owens, while he got appearance points for Roman Reigns, Braun Strowman and Big E.

The second highest score went to beakerjoe via wins for Karl Anderson, Sasha Banks and Owens, plus an appearance point for Strowman.

The average for Raw this week was 8 points.

Here is what it means for the Fantasy Cup semi-finals...

PW Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals - 1st Leg (Latest)

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Mr.Nice Guy 7 - 17 daithi1989

paulie21 7 - 2 LeeJM

Fantasy Cup Fallout

In the first semi-final, daithi989 will be guaranteed to finish this first leg in front as I only have Becky Lynch to come, while he also has Becky, plus Jimmy Uso. Congrats to my opponent on his first leg performance. I'll need to improve a lot in the second leg to have any chance of progressing.

In the other semi-final it's very close and as LeeJM has a few Smackdown players to come, either man could finish the first leg with the lead. paulie21 has his captaincy on Dolph Ziggler, plus AJ Styles to come; LeeJM has his captaincy on Styles, plus Nikki Bella, Luke Harper and Jey Uso to come.

Finally, here is how our league table looks at the halfway point of the week...

Gameweek 14 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7..........................................................................355 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................344 points

3. paulie21......................................................................331 points

4. daithi1989...................................................................325 points

5. Bounty Hunter..............................................................322 points

6. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................305 points

7. beakerjoe....................................................................300 points

8. Kankan14....................................................................280 points

9. Gaw_..........................................................................274 points

10. Cheese Wagstaff..........................................................273 points

11. LeeJM.......................................................................262 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................223 points

League Fallout

The leader remains DM_7, although his lead has been slightly cut, now standing at 11 points. The big mover is daithi1989 who enters the top four on the back of his excellent Raw showing.

I think the most interesting developments from Raw, however, happened in the Deletion Zone as Kankan14 moves out of the Deletion places into 8th, whilst Gaw_ remarkably moves up another place and could be soon set to complete his goal of moving clear; it means last year's champion Cheese Wagstaff finds himself in danger, although there is still plenty of time to move forward.

Raw results

Rich Swann and Sin Cara defeated Brian Kendrick and Noam Dar.

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated Big E and Kofi.

The Shining Stars defeated The Golden Truth.

Sasha Banks, Bayley and Alicia Fox defeated Charlotte, Dana Brooke and Nia Jax.

Sami Zayn defeated Rusev.

Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho and Braun Strowman.

220px-Rich_Swann_entrance.jpg

That's 2 Raws in a row Rich Swann has picked up wins. No one has him in their line-up. Is he worth a transfer?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Raw update. Over to Smackdown to close out the week.

I would like to announce my Survivor Series team name as follows...

We are the...."Digestive Busquets".

As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I would like to announce my Survivor Series team name as follows...

We are the...."Digestive Busquets".

As you were.

I speak for everyone on TEAM A in saying we dodged a bullet not being on that team :)

Let the banter begin.

On a more serious note, honestly a big thank you to MNG for the running of this comp. You go above and beyond in making it interesting with the stips, youre always on the ball regarding the updates and the fresh ideas you have for new PPV bonus are just fantastic. Some weeks its the only reason i bother with Raw. Good stuff MNG!

• Advertisement

I was thinking about BWO (Boards World Order) for Team A. If anyone has any better let me know team names is not my strong point :pac:

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Let's not forget what the real big news of last night was: the final show in gameweek fourteen, am I right? Seriously though, hopefully we can complete our game before the third World War kicks off.

Below you will find the scores for Smackdown, the result of the first leg of the Fantasy Cup semi-final, and then the current league table. After that, I will reveal the process of arranging the matches for the Survivor Series challenge. Let's get into it...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown scores

beakerjoe.........................................9 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................................6 pts
    DM_7...............................................6 pts
    LeeJM..............................................5 pts
    daithi1989........................................4 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy......................................4 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy............................1 pt
    Gaw_...............................................1 pt
    WinnyThePoo.....................................1 pt
    Cheese Wagstaff.................................0 pts
    Kankan14..........................................0 pts
    paulie21...........................................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

It's beakerjoe who gets the highest score for Smackdown and he caps off a great week for himself; a win for his captain Becky Lynch, plus a Baron Corbin appearance point got him the score.

The second highest score was shared by Bounty Hunter and DM_7; BH got his points mostly through Becky Lynch's win, while most of DM_7's points were from Randy Orton winning.

The average for Smackdown was low: just 3 points.

Here's how the first leg finished up in the Fantasy Cup semi-finals...

PW Fantasy Cup Semi-Finals - 1st Leg

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Mr.Nice Guy 11 - 21 daithi1989

paulie21 7 - 7 LeeJM

Fantasy Cup Fallout

With only Becky Lynch scoring for myself and daithi1989, the score remains what it was after Raw; and so I have work to do to claw back that lead. It's a good lead for my opponent so fair play to him.

In the other tie, last year's cup winner LeeJM managed to level it up thanks to a win for Luke Harper. It means that tie with paulie21 looks very exciting going into the second leg.

The second leg will take place in a fortnight on Gameweek 16. That is also the week of Survivor Series so there will be plenty of points to be won that week. It should be fun. Which two players will make the final?

Now for the league table at the end of this week...

Gameweek 14 Standings

1. DM_7..........................................................................361 points

2. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................348 points

3. paulie21......................................................................331 points

4. daithi1989...................................................................329 points

5. Bounty Hunter..............................................................328 points

6. beakerjoe....................................................................309 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................306 points

8. Kankan14....................................................................280 points

9. Gaw_..........................................................................275 points

10. Cheese Wagstaff..........................................................273 points

11. LeeJM........................................................................267 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................224 points

League Fallout

Credit goes to DM_7 who again sees out the week on top, and edges a little further ahead with a lead now of 13 points.

The only mover following Smackdown is beakerjoe, who enters the top six on the back of his strong Smackdown performance.

There's plenty to play for at both ends of the table.

Smackdown results

Breezango defeated The Vaudevillains.

Naomi defeated Natalya.

Baron Corbin vs Kalisto ended in a No-Contest.

Becky Lynch defeated Alexa Bliss.

Curt Hawkins defeated Apollo Crews.

Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton and Luke Harper defeated Dean Ambrose, Kane and James Ellsworth.

170px-Brian_Myers_with_Alpha-1_title.jpg

Curt Hawkins picked up a win - is this the start of a push or just a fluke win? He's not featured in anyone's line-up currently.

On to Gameweek #15 (Tag Team Tournament Semi-Finals)

260px-WWE_SmackDown_Tag_Titles.jpeg

Semi-Final 1

P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7)

vs

Bounty Hunter and Gaw_

Semi-Final 2

BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14)

vs

Cheesy Guys (Cheese Wagstaff and Mr.Nice Guy)

The tag team semi-finals, unlike the Fantasy Cup semi-finals, will be one-off matches and we should know by the end of the week which teams have made the final.

In the event of a draw, the points from captaincy choices over the match will determine who advances.

In the event this fails to settle it, then a special replay will take place a week later.

Good luck to each team.

Survivor Series Challenge

250px-WWESSLOGO2014.png

This past week we discovered the full line-up of teams in the Survivor Series challenge, as well as the team names. They are:

BWO (Boards World Order)

paulie21 (captain)
    beakerjoe
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    DM_7
    Gaw_
    WinnyThePoo

Digestive Busquets

Cheese Wagstaff (captain)
    daithi989
    Kankan14
    Bounty Hunter
    Mr.Nice Guy
    LeeJM

At Survivor Series, each player will take on an opponent from the opposite team; the team with the most wins at the end of the PPV week will be victorious - and as a prize they will each earn the right to make one extra transfer the following week.

How will we determine the match-ups?

I mentioned previously that the captains would have a significant role and it is our captains - paulie21 and Cheese Wagstaff - who will determine the shape of the matches because they are going to select which members of their team to step up for each tie.

By virtue of a coin toss, paulie21 will go first and so I ask him now to choose a member of his BWO team he wants to face Cheese Wagstaff. (If he wishes, paulie21 could select himself to face Cheese Wagstaff - it's his decision).

Once paulie21 picks, then I will ask Cheese Wagstaff to select a member of his Digestive Busquets team to face paulie21 (unless paulie chooses to face Cheese Wagstaff himself, in which case I'll present another player to him whose fate he will decide).

Once we have sorted out the captains' opponents, I will randomly present the remaining players and the captains will decide in turn who they will face.

Other players can volunteer to face someone on the opposing team if they like. That might make things easier for your captain. But it will be the captain that will have the final say.

Hopefully this doesn't sound too complicated. In practice it should work quite smoothly and we ought to have the ties sorted out soon enough.

What happens if the PPV week ends 3-3?

If we end up with a tie at the end of the week then to break the deadlock we will add up the combined overall points of each team and the team with the highest tally will go through.

In the unlikely event this fails to give us a winner, then the captain that performs the best over the week will break the deadlock.

In summary...

paulie21 will kick things off by choosing which of the 6 names on his team he wishes to face Cheese Wagstaff. Then I will present other names to the captains and we will go back and forth until all of the ties are sorted. :cool:

Deadline

The deadline will be before the start of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for now. Gameweek #15 is officially open for business.

And paulie21, have a think and decide which of the 6 members of your Team BWO will be facing Cheese Wagstaff and let us know as soon as you're ready...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The picks for this week are for Raw and Smackdown only and not the PPV on the following sunday, correct?

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The picks for this week are for Raw and Smackdown only and not the PPV on the following sunday, correct?

Yep, that's right. This week we just have Raw and Smackdown.

In the first Survivor Series match against Cheese Wagstaff I've chosen Gaw_ to represent the BWO

We have our first Survivor Series Challenge match set up and it's an interesting one as BWO captain paulie21 chooses Gaw_ to confront the captain of Digestive Busquets, Cheese Wagstaff.

Now we turn to Cheese Wagstaff, have a think and decide which of the 5 remaining members of Digestive Busquets will be facing paulie21 and let us know as soon as you're ready...

Paulie21 will face...

The big, the bad, the best you've never had...

LeeJM

The stakes are going to be very high for paulie21 in 10 days as Digestive Busquets' captain Cheese Wagstaff pits him against his Fantasy Cup opponent LeeJM. There will be a lot on the line for the BWO captain that week.

Okay so we have 2 ties sorted now and 4 more to be determined. The next name chosen at random was...me.

So it's back over to paulie21 to determine which of his team's 4 remaining members he wants to take on yours truly. Have a think and let us know when you've reached a decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Delighted I have been entrusted by my wonderful team Captain with the responsibility of taking down the opposing captain. Not only do I get to beat him in the cup, in which I am still undefeated 8-) but now I get to beat him in the Survivor Series Challenge :P

With that said here is my winning selection ;
    Main Event Tier : AJ Styles
    Main Event Tier : Nikki Bella
    Main Event Tier : Seth Rollins

Upper Tier : Big E Sami Zayn
    Upper Tier : Luke Harper Brian Kendrick
    Upper Tier : Cesaro

Lower Tier : Jey Uso

My Captain : Seth Rollins

• Advertisement

Lets have a top of the table battle Mr Nice Guy you'll be taking on DM_7