Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

3 weeks remaining...

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

Raw has wrapped up for the week and that means we are halfway through our seventeenth gameweek. I'll begin the update with the scores from last night, what they mean for the Tag Team Final at the halfway stage, and finally the current state of the league table. Read on for the latest...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

Gaw_..............................................21 pts
    daithi1989.......................................19 pts
    DM_7..............................................19 pts
    beakerjoe........................................14 pts
    Kankan14........................................14 pts
    Bounty Hunter..................................12 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............................10 pts
    WinnyThePoo.....................................9 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.......................................8 pts
    paulie21...........................................5 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy............................4 pts
    LeeJM...............................................1 pt

Raw Fallout

It is Gaw_ that secures the highest score for Raw through wins for his captain Big E, Braun Strowman, Roman Reigns, as well as 2 appearance points for Charlotte who did double duty; league rivals daithi1989 and DM_7 share the second highest score with the former getting his points via captain Strowman, Reigns and Sasha Banks, and the latter getting his points via captain Rich Swann, Strowman and Reigns.

The average for Raw was the same as last week: 11 points.

Now let us see what the scores mean for the Tag Final...

Tag Team Tournament Final

260px-WWE_SmackDown_Tag_Titles.jpeg

P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7) - 24

vs

BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14) - 28

It is pretty evenly balanced as we go into the final show, Smackdown. While beakerjoe and Kankan14 have the advantage, paulie21 and DM_7 have slightly more Smackdown wrestlers in play tonight, including paulie's captain Bray Wyatt.

It's sure to be a compelling episode for the above lads. Which two men will pick up the first honour of the game? We should know by tomorrow.

Finally, let's see the league table as it stands...

Gameweek 17 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7..........................................................................433 points

2. daithi1989...................................................................417 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy.................................................................399 points

4. beakerjoe...................................................................398 points

= Bounty Hunter..............................................................398 points

5. paulie21.....................................................................394 points

6. Kankan14...................................................................354 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy......................................................348 points

= Gaw_.........................................................................348 points

8. Cheese Wagstaff..........................................................322 points

9. LeeJM........................................................................315 points

10. WinnyThePoo.............................................................284 points

League Fallout

This Raw has proved very interesting for our league. Still the man setting the standard is DM_7, who retains the lead that he had going into the week. There's plenty of movement below, however, with beakerjoe and Bounty Hunter both rising to joint fourth place; Kankan14 has also moved up a place, as has Cheese Wagstaff.

The Deletion Zone is looking fascinating and Gaw_'s big score has him now on the cusp of achieving his goal of breaking free of there as he goes level with A Brad Maddox Guy.

Raw results

Braun Strowman defeated R-Truth.

Tony Nese defeated Cedric Alexander.

Charlotte vs Sasha Banks ended in a double count-out.

Enzo Amore defeated Rusev via D.Q.

Rich Swann defeated Noam Dar.

Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens to become number one contender for the Universal Title.

Big E and Xavier Woods defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.

Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte to become the new Raw Women's Champion.

220px-Braun_Strowman_in_September_2016.jpg

This was the third straight Raw win for Braun Strowman who is justifying being one of the most popular picks in the game.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That concludes our Raw update. Over now to Smackdown to see out the week as we learn which two men will be our first ever tag champs.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

The go-home Smackdown show for TLC has concluded and that brings us to the end of our seventeenth gameweek. This was a big show for us, especially with the first honour of the game to be decided in the tag final - and that was a cracker of a final as you'll see below.

I'll begin this update by revealing the result of the tag team tournament, then the scores from Smackdown, followed by the league table at the end of the week. I'll then explain the details of the TLC Bonus for this weekend. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Tag Team Tournament Final (Result)

260px-WWE_SmackDown_Tag_Titles.jpeg

P.D.M.21/7 aka Pretty Damn Mean 21/7 (paulie21 and DM_7) - 40

vs

BeakerKan14 (beakerjoe and Kankan14) - 38

paulie21 and DM_7 are the Tag Team Tournament Champions!

heath-slater-rhyno.jpg?resize=640%2C360&ssl=1

Tag Tournament Fallout

We started off with 6 teams, which quickly became 5 teams, then we had our 4 semi-finalists, and eventually our 2 finalists. But at long last we have the 1 team that stands above all others and it is paulie21 and DM_7.

Both men were the team to beat throughout the tournament and they also finished top of the tag team tournament ladder a few weeks back as well, so I think it's fair to say they are worthy winners.

Commiserations to beakerjoe and Kankan14 who made a great contest of the final. To illustrate how close they were to winning, beakerjoe had his captaincy on Kofi Kingston this week - who almost always wrestles for the New Day - and had Kofi wrestled this week he would have picked up the win and that would have seen the result go the other way!

Sometimes this game can be cruel, but that's part of the beauty I guess.

Well done once more to paulie21 and DM_7 and it must be nice to know you've won something, but I know both men will have their eyes on further prizes...

Now let's see the scores in full from Smackdown...

Smackdown scores

paulie21..........................................12 pts
    daithi1989.......................................10 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.............................9 pts
    beakerjoe..........................................5 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................................5 pts
    Kankan14..........................................5 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.......................................5 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.................................4 pts
    DM_7................................................4 pts
    Gaw_................................................4 pts
    WinnyThePoo......................................2 pts
    LeeJM................................................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

paulie21 gets the highest score for Smackdown courtesy of his captain Bray Wyatt winning, and also Randy Orton; daithi1989 got the second highest score via wins for Orton, Kalisto and a Miz appearance point.

Only 3 matches on Smackdown this week which explains the low average: 5 points.

Now let's see what that means for the league table at the end of the week...

Gameweek 17 Standings

1. DM_7..........................................................................437 points

2. daithi1989...................................................................427 points

3. paulie21......................................................................406 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy.................................................................404 points

5. beakerjoe...................................................................403 points

= Bounty Hunter..............................................................403 points

6. Kankan14...................................................................359 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy......................................................357 points

8. Gaw_.........................................................................352 points

9. Cheese Wagstaff..........................................................326 points

10. LeeJM.......................................................................315 points

11. WinnyThePoo.............................................................286 points

League Fallout

With 3 gameweeks remaining, it's still DM_7 who leads the way, though his margin at the top has been reduced by six and now stands at 10 points.

The only movement following Smackdown sees paulie21 move up to third place, while A Brad Maddox Guy buys himself some breathing space and edges away from the Deletion Zone.

Smackdown results

Dolph Ziggler and Kalisto defeated The Miz and Baron Corbin via D.Q.

Kane defeated Luke Harper.

Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton defeated American Alpha.

220px-Randy_Orton_May_2014.jpg

Orton, the most-picked wrestler in the game currently along with Braun Strowman, proved his worth just like Strowman did with a win.

On to Gameweek #18 (Fantasy Cup Final + TLC Bonus...)

Fantasy Cup Final

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

beakerjoe
    daithi1989
    daithi1989
    Mr.Nice Guy
    Kankan14
    Mr.Nice Guy
    daithi1989
    paulie21
    paulie21
    Bounty Hunter
    paulie21
    LeeJM
    LeeJM
    DM_7

Fantasy Cup Preview

And then there were two! As we can see, both daithi1989 and paulie21 have come a long way, having come through the group stages as well as the knock-out rounds and now there is just one obstacle left: each other. Both men go into the final in good form with both getting highest scores for last night's Smackdown. And with a PPV week coming up, each player will have 3 shows to earn points and secure our first singles prize of the game.

daithi has a potential cup and league double to play for over the coming weeks, while paulie is in contention for a treble (it would be truly spectacular if he could pull that off).

So this is shaping up to be a super final. Which man will take the glory? We ought to know by this time next week.

The final will be held over the week and if we are tied at the end, then the player with the most points from their captaincy choice will get the win. If that fails to settle it, a replay will take place the following week.

Good luck, gents.

*****TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs Bonus Pts*****

WWE_TLC_logo.png

The name of the event is Tables, Ladders and Chairs and for the bonus I am going to ask you to predict the winner of the Tables match, the Ladder match, the Chairs match, AND the main event TLC match.

If you correctly predict all four of these matches, you will pocket 7 points. (Note - you must predict all of the matches correctly to achieve the bonus points.)

Here are the matches in question:
    Tables Match: Becky Lynch (c) vs Alexa Bliss

Ladder Match: The Miz (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

Chairs Match: Kalisto vs Baron Corbin

TLC Main Event: AJ Styles (c) vs Dean Ambrose

You won't lose points on this one if you predict incorrectly so it's worth your while going for it.

Also keep in mind I'm asking you to predict the winner of the matches, NOT who leaves as champion.

So your line-up for the week ahead should look a bit like this:
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X

UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X

LOWER TIER - X

Your captain: X

TLC Bonus:

Tables Match winner: X

Ladder Match winner: X

Chairs Match winner: X

TLC Main Event winner: X

Deadline

As it's a PPV week, the deadline will be before the first pre-show match of TLC on December, 4th.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That wraps up the update as another big week moves closer. We've only 8 shows left before the game comes to a close. Time to grab those points. Gameweek #18 is now open for business

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

If it's okay with Paulie, and MNG, I purpose myself and Paulie DM our selections to MNG this week, and once he has both teams, they are posted? This way we won't be able look at what the other has done?? Just a suggestion?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

daithi1989 wrote: »
    If it's okay with Paulie, and MNG, I purpose myself and Paulie DM our selections to MNG this week, and once he has both teams, they are posted? This way we won't be able look at what the other has done?? Just a suggestion?
    I'm cool with that

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Main Event Tier - Charlotte Brocky Lynch
    Main Event Tier - Randy Orton
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Bryan Kendrick Baron Corbin

Lower Tier - Heath Slater

My captain: The Miz

Tables Match winner: Brocky Lynch

Ladder Match winner: The Miz

Chairs Match winner: Baron Corbin

TLC Main Event winner: AJ Sylez

predicting that all my SD picks that aren't facing each other will win the SD themed title matches here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Congrats Paulie and DM7. We almost had you guys. All I have left to say is **** you Kofi

paulie21 wrote:
    I'm cool with that

Well if you're both fine with it then that's grand.

PM me your choices this week when you're ready to do so, and when I have the both of them I'll post them to the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Main Event Tier - Charlotte out Becky lynch in
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens out Bray Wyatt in.
    Main Event Tier - Aj Styles

Upper Tier -Braun
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Kalisto

Lower Tier - Jey USO

Captain: Bray Wyatt

Tables Match: Becky Lynch (c) vs Alexa Bliss. Becky wins

Ladder Match: The Miz (c) vs Dolph Ziggler. Mix wins

Chairs Match: Kalisto vs Baron Corbin
    Kalisto wins

TLC Main Event: AJ Styles (c) vs Dean Ambrose
    AJ wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Main Event Tier - Aj Styles
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins replaced by Becky Lynch
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns replaced by Randy Orton

Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Sami Zayn

Lower Tier - Goldust

My captain: The Miz

Tables Match winner: Becky Lynch (c) vs Alexa Bliss
    Ladder Match winner: The Miz (c) vs Dolph Ziggler
    Chairs Match winner: Kalisto vs Baron Corbin
    TLC Main Event winner: AJ Styles (c) vs Dean Ambrose

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Charlotte Bray Wyatt in

Upper Tier - Kofi Kingston The Miz in
    Upper Tier - Jason Jordan
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Heath Slater

My captain: Randy Orton

TLC Bonus:

Tables Match winner: Alexa Bliss

TLC Main Event winner: AJ Styles

• Advertisement

Team PM'ed in now

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Rich Swann
    In: Baron Corbin

Out: James Ellsworth
    In: Jimmy Uso

Bayley
    Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton

Alexa
    Baron Corbin
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Captain: Alexa

Bonus: Alexa
    Corbin
    Dolph
    Aj

DM_7 wrote: »
    Out: Rich Swann
    In: Baron Corbin

Out: James Ellsworth
    In: Jimmy Uso

Bayley
    Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton

Alexa
    Baron Corbin
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Captain: Alexa

Don't forget the bonus.

Team PM'ed in now

Mine sent too. Best of luck Daithi

Uso Out Heath In
    Kalisto Out Corbin in

Sasha Roman Randy
    Corbin Strowman Miz
    Heath

Captain: The Miz

Gonna go for;
    Alexa
    Corbin
    The Miz
    AJ

Main Event Tier - AJ Styles
    Main Event Tier - Bray Wyatt

Upper Tier - Kofi Kingston The Miz
    Upper Tier - Big E
    Upper Tier - Cesaro Baron Corbin

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso

My captain: Baron Corbin

TLC Bonus:

Tables Match winner: Alexa Bliss

TLC Main Event winner: AJ Styles

paulie21 wrote: »
    Mine sent too. Best of luck Daithi

Same to you Paulie; may the best man win!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Don't forget the bonus.

Thanks, had to edit in a bonus.

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Sasha Banks out Nikki Bella in
    Main Event Tier – Randy Orton

Upper Tier - Kofi out Alexa in
    Upper Tier - Miz

Lower Tier -Primo

My captain: Miz

Alexa, Miz, Corbin and AJ to win

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Out: Charlotte for AJ Styles
    Out: Big E for The Miz

Main
    AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Roman Reigns

Upper
    Braun Strowman, Cesaro, The Miz

Lower
    Jimmy Uso

Captain
    The Miz

Bonus
    Alexa Bliss, The Miz, Baron Corbin and AJ Styles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Sami Zayn out, The Miz in.
    Big E out, Baron Corbin in.

The Miz will be captain this week.

Nikki Bella
    Dolph Ziggler
    Seth Rollins

The Miz - (Captain)
    Baron Corbin
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Bonus: Alexa, Miz, Baron Corbin & AJ Styles to win.

Popular Trends - GW 18

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Randy Orton 9

2. AJ Styles 6

3. Roman Reigns 5

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. The Miz 9

2. Braun Strowman 8

3. Baron Corbin 5

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jimmy Uso 4

2. Heath Slater 3

3. Goldust 2

In the Main Event Tier category, Randy Orton slightly increases his ownership this week and is now the most popular pick in the game alongside The Miz - who shoots to the top of the Upper Tier picks category. Baron Corbin has also seen a rise in ownership. In the Lower Tier section, Slater's ownership rises slightly.

As regards the bonus, we have several combinations as far as predictions go but the most popular prediction is that Bliss, Miz, Corbin and Styles will win their respective matches. Time will tell.

Good luck for the week everyone, and especially our two Fantasy Cup finalists daithi1989 and paulie21.

2 weeks remaining...

220px-WWETLC_Poster2016.jpg

TLC, the penultimate PPV of the year (yep there's still another one to come) has wrapped up and that means we are a 1/3 of the way through our gameweek. This is a big week with the Fantasy Cup Final to be decided, as well as all the latest developments in our league to assess. I'll begin this update with the latest score in the final, all of our scores from last night's show, before finishing with the league standings. Read on for the latest...

*Note - TLC spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of the PPV.*

PW Fantasy Cup Final (Latest Score)

daithi1989 27 - 34 paulie21

Fantasy Cup Fallout

It's first blood to paulie in the tie as an excellent score for TLC gives him a lead of 7.

Raw should be really interesting as daithi has three in play tonight (Sasha Banks, Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman) vs one for paulie (Big E).

Plenty still to play for in this one by the looks of things.

Now let's see how everybody fared last night...

TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs scores

paulie21..........................................34 pts
    beakerjoe........................................30 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.....................................30 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............................27 pts
    daithi1989.......................................27 pts
    Bounty Hunter..................................25 pts
    Gaw_..............................................25 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy...........................22 pts
    DM_7..............................................19 pts
    WinnyThePoo...................................19 pts
    Kankan14........................................14 pts
    LeeJM..............................................8 pts

TLC Fallout

Last night we had a bonus where if you successfully predicted the results of the Table, Ladder, Chair and TLC matches you would pocket 7 points. Six players correctly predicted that Alexa Bliss, The Miz, Baron Corbin and AJ Styles would be the respective winners. These players were: beakerjoe, daithi1989, myself, Cheese Wagstaff, Gaw_ and paulie21. The bonus points have been added above where they applied.

As you can see, the highest score went to paulie21 who had a near-perfect evening. As well as securing the bonus, all of his team that featured picked up wins: Randy Orton, AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, The Miz and his captain Baron Corbin. Both beakerjoe and myself picked up the second highest scores; beakerjoe had wins from Nikki Bella, Orton, Alexa Bliss and his captain The Miz, while I had wins via my captain Orton, Bray Wyatt, The Miz and Jason Jordan, as well as an appearance point for Heath Slater.

This was a high-scoring show for most with an average of 23 points.

Finally, let's see what the above scores mean for our league...

Gameweek 18 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. DM_7..........................................................................456 points

2. daithi1989...................................................................454 points

3. paulie21......................................................................440 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy.................................................................434 points

5. beakerjoe....................................................................433 points

6. Bounty Hunter..............................................................428 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy......................................................379 points

8. Gaw_.........................................................................377 points

9. Kankan14...................................................................373 points

10. Cheese Wagstaff.........................................................353 points

11. LeeJM.......................................................................323 points

12. WinnyThePoo.............................................................305 points

League Fallout

It's still DM_7 that sets the standard at the top of the table, but as you can see, just below our leader, the race for top spot is looking very open indeed with the margin between first and second now standing at just two points. Also, less than thirty points separates first from sixth place right now so this title race is extremely open as we head into the final stretch.

The other end of the table is just as exciting. A Brad Maddox Guy moves up the board following TLC, as does Gaw_ - and if I'm not mistaken this is the first time Gaw_, who joined the game late remember, has managed to move free of the Deletion Zone which is a terrific feat on his part. Can he sustain it? It's sure to be a great battle.

TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs results

Apollo Crews, American Alpha and The Hype Bros defeated Curt Hawkins, The Vaudevillains & The Ascension.

Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt defeated Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Rhyno.

Nikki Bella defeated Carmella.

The Miz defeated Dolph Ziggler.

Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto.

Alexa Bliss defeated SmackDown Women’s Champion Becky Lynch.

AJ Styles defeated Dean Ambrose.

220px-American_Alpha_NXT_Takeover_Dallas_2016.jpg

Does this win for American Alpha indicate they will be the number one contenders for the tag gold going forward? Perhaps they will be a useful Upper Tier option in the final weeks.

Want to join in?

The game may be nearly over but new players are always welcome. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That concludes the TLC update. On to Raw now to see what way that leaves us...

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

Raw has finished and that means we are a 2/3 of the way through gameweek 18. I will begin this update by revealing the latest score in the Fantasy Cup Final, all the scores from last night's Raw, and then finally the latest league table. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

PW Fantasy Cup Final (Latest Score)

daithi1989 31 - 34 paulie21

Fantasy Cup Fallout

A Roman Reigns win is enough to see daithi1989 close the gap to just 3 points, and it means we are set for a cracking showdown tonight on Smackdown.

Both guys will have Randy Orton in their ranks so they cancel each other out in that respect; daithi will also have Baron Corbin, Heath Slater and his captain Miz to rely on, while paulie will have AJ Styles, Bray Wyatt, Jimmy Uso, The Miz and his captain Baron Corbin fighting for him.

Given paulie has the lead and more wrestlers in play, you'd have to put him as the favourite going into Smackdown; but we've seen throughout the Cup how quickly things can turn around.

It's sure to be a nail-biting Smackdown for both men. Good luck to both.

Now let's see how everyone managed for Raw...

Monday Night Raw scores

LeeJM................................................10 pts
    DM_7..................................................8 pts
    Gaw_..................................................5 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy..........................................5 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy................................4 pts
    beakerjoe.............................................4 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff....................................4 pts
    daithi1989............................................4 pts
    WinnyThePoo.........................................1 pt
    Bounty Hunter........................................0 pts
    Kankan14..............................................0 pts
    paulie21................................................0 pts

Raw Fallout

It's LeeJM that gets the highest score for Raw due to wins for Kevin Owens, Seth Rollins, and appearance points for Sami Zayn and Cesaro. The second highest score went to DM_7, through wins for Bayley and Roman Reigns.

Even though there were a lot of matches on Raw, most of us went heavy on Smackdown performers because of TLC, and so it's a low average of just 4 points.

Finally, let's see what the scores mean for our league table heading into Smackdown...

Gameweek 18 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7..........................................................................464 points

2. daithi1989...................................................................458 points

3. paulie21......................................................................440 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy.................................................................439 points

5. beakerjoe....................................................................437 points

6. Bounty Hunter..............................................................428 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy......................................................383 points

8. Gaw_.........................................................................382 points

9. Kankan14...................................................................373 points

10. Cheese Wagstaff.........................................................357 points

11. LeeJM.......................................................................333 points

12. WinnyThePoo.............................................................306 points

League Fallout

Fair play to the league leader DM_7 who responds to the recent challenge for his top spot by edging a little further ahead, with a lead now of 6 points.

Nothing much else to report as positions remain the same.

Raw results

Seth Rollins defeated Big Show via count-out.

Jack Gallagher defeated Ariya Daivari.

Kevin Owens defeated Sami Zayn.

Rich Swann defeated T.J. Perkins.

Bayley defeated Alicia Fox.

Mark Henry defeated Titus O'Neil.

Roman Reigns defeated Chris Jericho.

Cesaro and Sheamus vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson ended in a No Contest.

220px-Big-Show-T4.jpg

Big Show returned on Raw and Jack Gallagher made his debut; both guys are available as Upper Tier options. Would either be worth a transfer for the final two weeks?

Want to join in?

The game may be nearly over but new players are always welcome. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Raw update. On we go to a very important episode of Smackdown...

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown has finished and with that, we come to the end of gameweek eighteen. We are now officially 90% of the way through the game and the ending is within sight.

This promised to be a big week with our first singles honour to be decided - the Fantasy Cup - and the latest twists in our league, and we have had drama in both this week. I'll begin this update by crowning the Fantasy Cup champ, then reveal everyone's scores for last night, before finishing with the league standings. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

PW Fantasy Cup Final (Result)

daithi1989 51 - 57 paulie21

Fantasy Cup Fallout

Congratulations to our winner of the 2016 PW Boards Fantasy Cup...paulie21!

Commiserations to daithi1989 who achieved one of the highest scores for Smackdown, but there was no stopping paulie this week as he secured the highest Smackdown score of all players, adding to his highest score from TLC a few days back. At least daithi can take heart in having made it a great final.

As for paulie, he becomes the first player to bag two honours, having won the Tag Team Tournament with DM_7 last week. And paulie may not be done as his league position shows he is very much in contention for a treble, which would be one hell of a feat if he can manage it.

Let's take a look at the Cup winner's path to victory...

Group Stages

paulie21 21 - 18 Mr.Nice Guy

paulie21 41 - 35 Gaw_

paulie21 37 - 39 LeeJM

A close loss to LeeJM proved the only blemish on paulie's group record as he qualified for the quarter-finals via the automatic route, finishing second in Group A; he was a second seed in the quarter-final and found himself pitted against first seed and Group C winner, Bounty Hunter.

Quarter-Final

paulie21 54 - 52 Bounty Hunter

Having secured a good lead in the first leg, paulie had to withstand a strong second leg performance from Bounty Hunter and he just about managed it, edging through to the semi-finals by the tightest of margins.

Semi-Final

paulie21 41 - 28 LeeJM

The draw provided a fascinating semi-final tie here as paulie knew in order to reach the final he would have to face not only the one player that had beaten him earlier in the group stages, but also last year's Cup champion LeeJM. This tie also had extra pressure for paulie with him being his team captain in the Survivor Series Challenge and also taking on LeeJM in that. Ultimately paulie found a way to win and set up a showdown with daithi1989, who had beaten yours truly in the other semi-final tie.

Final

paulie21 57 - 51 daithi1989

paulie was not to be denied, getting the highest score of any player this week and being deservedly crowned the winner.

And so with that, the Fantasy Cup draws to a close for 2016. Twelve men entered, but only one could prevail; and that man is paulie21. Well done to him on a great win.

Now to see all of our scores from Smackdown last night...

Smackdown scores

paulie21..........................................23 pts
    Bounty Hunter..................................20 pts
    daithi1989.......................................20 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.....................................18 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...............................15 pts
    beakerjoe........................................14 pts
    Gaw_..............................................14 pts
    WinnyThePoo...................................14 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy...........................13 pts
    DM_7...............................................9 pts
    Kankan14..........................................9 pts
    LeeJM...............................................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

As mentioned above, paulie21 got the highest Smackdown score; this was via wins from his captain Baron Corbin, The Miz, Randy Orton and Bray Wyatt. The second highest scores went to Bounty Hunter and daithi1989 who each got their points through wins from their captain The Miz, Baron Corbin, Randy Orton, plus an appearance point for Heath Slater.

This Smackdown show had a high average of 14 points, which is the highest average for Smackdown since way back in gameweek 6 (which was also 14 pts).

Now let us finish with the league table at the end of the week...

Gameweek 18 Standings

1. daithi1989....................................................................478 points

2. DM_7..........................................................................473 points

3. paulie21......................................................................463 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy.................................................................457 points

5. beakerjoe....................................................................451 points

6. Bounty Hunter..............................................................448 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy......................................................396 points

= Gaw_.........................................................................396 points

8. Kankan14...................................................................382 points

9. Cheese Wagstaff.........................................................372 points

10. LeeJM......................................................................333 points

11. WinnyThePoo.............................................................320 points

League Fallout

Just when I thought most of the drama would come from the Cup this week, the league springs this surprise as daithi1989 claims top spot. He will certainly be cheered up following the disappointment of his Cup Final defeat as he becomes the first person to dislodge DM_7 at the top since I briefly managed it over a month ago - but in my case I never finished the week out on top as daithi will.

With only two weeks - and 5 shows - remaining, there is just 30 points separating first from sixth. This title race is wide open. Has daithi peaked at the right time? Can DM_7, who has dealt so well with challenges to his position, deal with this one? Can paulie challenge for that treble? Or will we see a late charge from an outsider? Bah Gawd King, this title race is gonna be a slobberknocker!

Plenty of drama remains near the Deletion Zone too as A Brad Maddox Guy and Gaw_ are neck in neck just above the bottom four places, while those in the bottom four positions will be aware there's no room for mistakes now with time running out.

Smackdown results

Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton defeated Heath Slater and Rhyno.

The Hype Bros defeated The Ascension.

Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto.

Chad Gable defeated Tyler Breeze.

The Miz defeated Dean Ambrose.

220px-Miz_and_Maryse.jpg

The Miz justified the recent growth in his ownership with a big win.

On to Gameweek #19...

Deadline

The deadline will be before the start of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

That's it for this update. While we've only two shows to play for this week, there's so much importance on each one. Make your decisions well. Gameweek #19 is now open for business.

P.S. At the end of GW 19 I plan on posting everyone's overall average position at the end of every gameweek we've played. Like in last year's game, we will use this in the event that two players wind up tied for a position when the league finishes. I plan on posting it before GW 20 so you know which players will have the advantage going into the last week.

Congrats Paulie! A great tie. Needs Slater/Rhyno to pick up the victory last night. No way back from me after the opening match!

Least I got second prize by moving to the top of the league - now to try hold onto it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Congrats Paulie well deserved

Fair play Daithi you made me earn it now may try overtake you for the treble

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella
    Main Event Tier – Randy Orton Out Seth Rollins In

Upper Tier - Alexa
    Upper Tier - Miz out Big Cass In

Lower Tier - Primo

Captain - Braun Strowman

• Advertisement