Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was reviewing the end-of-week scores for each gameweek since I'm going to be posting the averages at the end of GW 19, and I noticed I had made an error with LeeJM's score on GW 1.

I gave him a score of 10 points for Smackdown that week but he should have had a score of 14 (due to wins for Chad Gable (5), Rhyno (5) and Randy Orton (4)). It looks like I missed the Orton score for him. Apologies to LeeJM for that and for shortchanging him 4 points. Gameweek 1 was the only week I didn't post the Raw and Smackdown scores for everyone so that may be why I failed to pick up on it.

I'm now adding those 4 points to his score and so this is the current league table.

Gameweek 18 Standings

1. daithi1989....................................................................478 points

2. DM_7..........................................................................473 points

3. paulie21......................................................................463 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy.................................................................457 points

5. beakerjoe....................................................................451 points

6. Bounty Hunter..............................................................448 points

7. A Brad Maddox Guy......................................................396 points

= Gaw_.........................................................................396 points

8. Kankan14...................................................................382 points

9. Cheese Wagstaff.........................................................372 points

10. LeeJM......................................................................337 points

11. WinnyThePoo.............................................................320 points

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Randy Out Owens In
    Corbin Out Big Cass In

Sasha Roman Owens
    Strowman Miz Cass
    Heath

Captain: Strowman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Main Event Tier - Brocky Lynch
    Main Event Tier - Randy Orton
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - The Miz Cesaro
    Upper Tier - Baron Corbin

Lower Tier - Heath Slater Jimmy Uso

My captain: Braun Strowman

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Out: Randy Orton for Kevin Owens

Main
    AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns

Upper
    Braun Strowman, Cesaro, The Miz

Lower
    Jimmy Uso

Captain
    AJ Styles

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Baron Corbin
    In: Big Cass

Out: Jimmy Uso
    In: Zack Ryder

Bayley
    Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton

Alexa
    Big Cass
    Braun Strowman

Zack Ryder

Captain: Braun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Main Event Tier - AJ Styles Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier - Bray Wyatt Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Big E
    Upper Tier - Baron Corbin

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso

My captain: Big E

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Jimmy Uso out, Zack Ryder in.
    Baron Corbin out, Rich Swann in.

Swann is captain this week.

Seth Rollins
    Dolph Ziggler
    Nikki Bella

Braun Strowman
    The Miz
    Rich Swann - (Captain)

Zack Ryder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Main Event Tier - Aj Styles
    Main Event Tier - Becky Lynch replaced by Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Sami Zayn replaced by Kofi Kingston

Lower Tier - Goldust

My captain: The Miz replaced by Braun Strowman

Main Event Tier - Becky Lynch replaced by Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Sami Zayn replaced by Emmalina

Lower Tier - Goldust

My captain: The Miz replaced by Braun Strowman

Emmalina's actually down as a Main Event Tier pick.

You can edit it before Raw starts otherwise I'll have to leave Sami still in your side.

Emmalina's actually down as a Main Event Tier pick.

You can edit it before Raw starts otherwise I'll have to leave Sami still in your side.

amended. She will win to night I think.

• Advertisement

Popular Trends - GW 19

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens / Randy Orton / Roman Reigns 6

2. AJ Styles 5

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Braun Strowman 9

2. The Miz 6

3. Cesaro 4

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jimmy Uso 3

2. Goldust / Heath Slater / Zack Ryder 2

Amongst Main Eventers, Randy Orton's popularity has dipped this week and he finds himself level with Owens and Reigns. In the Upper Tier section, Braun Strowman is now by far the most popular, as The Miz's popularity falls somewhat while Cesaro's rises. In the Lower Tier section, Jimmy Uso remains the slight favourite, though Zack Ryder is now in the mix.

Good luck for this week, the penultimate one of our game. Braun Strowman is by far the most popular captaincy choice this week so a lot of eyes will be on him.

1 week remaining...

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

Raw has finished for the week and that means we are halfway through our penultimate gameweek. There have been dramatic developments in our league of late, and this week doesn't look to be letting up in that regard either. I'll begin the update with the scores from last night before finishing with the latest league standings. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

paulie21...........................................22 pts
    WinnyThePoo.....................................16 pts
    DM_7...............................................15 pts
    LeeJM...............................................13 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.......................................13 pts
    beakerjoe.........................................12 pts
    daithi1989.........................................12 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................................11 pts
    Gaw_.................................................8 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy..............................6 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff..................................6 pts
    Kankan14...........................................5 pts

Raw Fallout

It's paulie21 who achieves the highest score for Raw, thanks mainly to his decision to stick the captaincy on Big E, which proved a masterstroke. The New Day member did double duty last night and picked up two wins, earning 20 points for paulie all by himself. Appearances for Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns added to the total. It's been a great few weeks for paulie lately.

The second highest score went to WinnyThePoo, thanks to wins for his captain Braun Strowman and Kofi Kingston, plus an appearance point for Kevin Owens.

The average score for Raw this week was 12 points.

And now let's see what the above scores mean for our league table...

Gameweek 19 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. daithi1989....................................................................490 points

2. DM_7..........................................................................488 points

3. paulie21......................................................................485 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................470 points

5. beakerjoe....................................................................463 points

6. Bounty Hunter..............................................................459 points

7. Gaw_..........................................................................404 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................402 points

9. Kankan14....................................................................387 points

10. Cheese Wagstaff.........................................................378 points

11. LeeJM.......................................................................350 points

12. WinnyThePoo.............................................................336 points

League Fallout

Congrats to daithi1989 on retaining a hold of top spot, but he won't need reminding that the competition is fierce up there right now. The league leader has a lead of just two points. Which player will finish out the week on top?

As far as movers go, Gaw_ climbed once more and now sits in seventh place, which I think may be his highest position yet so well done to him. Strong Raw scores for LeeJM and WinnyThePoo could mean we'll have a fiercely competitive battle in the Deletion Zone as the game draws to a close, and so there's plenty to play for here.

Raw results

Big E and Kofi defeated Cesaro & Sheamus and Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson.

Braun Strowman defeated Curtis Axel.

Ariya Daivari defeated Lince Dorado via D.Q.

The Brian Kendrick defeated T.J. Perkins.

Bayley defeated Alicia Fox.

Sami Zayn defeated Jinder Mahal.

Big E and Xavier Woods defeated Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho and Seth Rollins & Roman Reigns.

170px-Bayley_WrestleMania_Axxess_2015_%28cropped2%29.jpg

That's two Raw wins in a row for Bayley who doesn't have many owners. Might she be worth a transfer for the final week?

Want to join in?

The game may be about to end but new players are always welcome. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you can sample the experience.

That's it for the Raw update. To Smackdown now to see how we shape up going into the final week. I also aim to post the average performance of players tomorrow, which we'll take into account in the event we get ties on the final week.

P.S. I think there's a Tribute to the Troops show on Wednesday but that won't be counted towards our game.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown has come and gone and that means we have finished gameweek nineteen and are looking ahead to our final week. I will begin this update with the scores from last night, what they mean for our league table, then reveal the averages of players throughout the game up to now, and finally I'll finish with details on the Roadblock Bonus that will be on offer for the upcoming PPV. (Note - the bonus below contains a slight spoiler from Tribute to the Troops, not that I think many of you will care. Just letting you know) Read on for the latest...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown scores

Cheese Wagstaff...............................11 pts
    DM_7...............................................7 pts
    Bounty Hunter....................................4 pts
    Kankan14..........................................4 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.............................2 pts
    daithi1989.........................................2 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.......................................2 pts
    beakerjoe..........................................1 pt
    Gaw_................................................1 pt
    paulie21............................................1 pt
    WinnyThePoo......................................1 pt
    LeeJM...............................................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

Cheese Wagstaff gets the highest score for Smackdown, thanks to wins for Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder and an appearance point for The Miz. DM_7 gets the second-highest score, via Zack Ryder's win and an appearance point for Alexa Bliss.

After a high Smackdown average of 14 last week, this week the average was much lower: just 3 points.

Now let's assess how things look as we head into our final week of the contest...

Gameweek 19 Standings

1. DM_7..........................................................................495 points

2. daithi1989....................................................................492 points

3. paulie21......................................................................486 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................472 points

5. beakerjoe....................................................................464 points

6. Bounty Hunter..............................................................463 points

7. Gaw_..........................................................................405 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................404 points

9. Kankan14....................................................................391 points

10. Cheese Wagstaff.........................................................389 points

11. LeeJM.......................................................................350 points

12. WinnyThePoo..............................................................337 points

League Fallout

There is only one climber following Smackdown, but it's a significant one as DM_7 takes back top spot heading into the final week. He has seen off a lot of challenges in the game this year. Can he see out the final week on top and secure glory, or will there be a final twist? Can daithi bounce back from his Cup Final defeat and take the title? Can paulie achieve a magnificent treble? Or can one of the outsiders pull off a late surge to the top?

There are 32 points separating first from sixth place, and with the final week being a PPV week there's plenty to play for. To illustrate that point, paulie just recently bagged 57 points in GW 18 which was the week of TLC. I'm happy that this year we have such an exciting title race with several potential winners. Those who played the game last year will recall that Cheese Wagstaff pretty much blew everyone away as he took the title.

Speaking of Cheese Wagstaff, his good score for Smackdown gives a big boost to his hopes of avoiding Deletion. The bottom four players when gameweek 20 concludes will be rendered obsolete, and there's plenty of interest to be had here too. Can the late entrant to the game Gaw_ succeed in his ambition of avoiding Deletion? Will we see last year's league and Fantasy Cup champs, Cheese Wagstaff and LeeJM, deleted? Will WinnyThePoo drag himself off that last position on the last week?

Get ready for the final week as we discover our fate.

Smackdown results

Carmella defeated Natalya.

The Hype Bros won a Tag Team Number 1 Contenders' Battle Royal featuring Heath Slater & Rhyno, The Vaudevillains, The Ascension, Breezango and American Alpha.

Becky Lynch defeated Alexa Bliss via count-out.

Dolph Ziggler defeated Dean Ambrose, The Miz and Luke Harper in a Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match to become Number 1 Contender for the WWE Title.

220px-Zack_Ryder_in_April_2014.jpg

The Hype Bros have picked up two wins in a row on Smackdown. With low ownership, might they be worth a transfer for the final week?

*****The Averages*****

Thus far when players have been tied for a position in the league I have put the player that comes first alphabetically on top. That's not really good enough, however, for the final league table when the game ends.

Therefore, if players wind up tied for a position in the final league standings then the position will go to the player with the highest positional ranking in the game overall.

What follows below are your overall positional averages at the end of each gameweek. I'm posting it now so you know what players have the edge in the position you want.

Average end of week position over 19 gameweeks...

DM_7...............................................1.42
    paulie21............................................3
    Bounty Hunter....................................3.21
    Mr.Nice Guy.......................................4.36
    daithi1989.........................................4.84
    beakerjoe..........................................6.52
    A Brad Maddox Guy.............................6.15
    Cheese Wagstaff.................................6.63
    LeeJM...............................................8.21
    Kankan14..........................................8.47
    Gaw_................................................9.70
    WinnyThePoo......................................10.26

This is over 19 weeks so it's still subject to change as we've a week to go, but it gives you a sense of which players have the advantage.

As far as the title race goes, DM_7 unsurprisingly has the best overall record considering he spent many weeks at the top. What that means is that his title rivals now know in order to take the title they will have to finish above him because if he is tied with someone at the top when the game ends, he'll win based on his overall performance.

The same is true for other positions in the league: the player with the better average gets the spot if there is a tie. Gaw_ joined the game late and was playing catch-up for most of the game, which explains his low average. We might not end up with any ties of course. Last year, we didn't.

Some stats I found interesting...

Out of the 19 gameweeks played so far, DM_7 finished the week on top for 14 of them.

Only four other players have ended a gameweek on top: Bounty Hunter (GW 1 & 3), paulie21 (GW 2), Cheese Wagstaff (GW 5) and daithi1989 (GW 18).

Prior to last week when daithi went top, DM_7 had held the top spot every week since Gameweek 5.

DM_7 has never finished a week lower than third; he hasn't been third since Gameweek 3.

daithi has been a real late bloomer; up to Gameweek 14 he never ended a week higher than 4th, but from Gameweek 15 on he's always seen out the week in the top two in some form.

Speaking of a potential late bloomer, beakerjoe is the only member of the top 6 to never see out a week higher than 5th place. Considering he still has an outside shot of winning the title, that's pretty remarkable.

The record so far for highest points in a gameweek is currently held by paulie21, who as noted above scored 57 points for GW 18.

The record so far for lowest points in a gameweek went to Cheese Wagstaff, who wound up with -19 points during the points-loss week of GW 13.

On to Gameweek #20 - The Final Week! (Plus the Roadblock PPV Bonus...)

220px-RoadblockEOTL.png

It's a suitably named PPV as it's the end of the line for ourselves, heading into this PPV week. The final bonus of the game will be a type of accumulator, involving the 4 title matches on the show which are:

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: Rich Swann (c) vs. T.J. Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick - 1 point

Women's Title Match: Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte - 2 points

Tag Team Title Match: New Day (c) vs Cesaro and Sheamus* - 3 points

Universal Title Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs Roman Reigns - 4 points

*This match is announced at Tribute to the Troops. That's the slight spoiler I mentioned in the opening paragraph.

How does it work? Like so...

Correctly predict the result of the Cruiserweight Title match and you pocket 1 point; predict the result of the Women's Title match and you pocket 2 points; predict the result of the Tag Title match and you pocket 3 points; and predict the winner of the Universal Title Match and you pocket 4 points.

But here's the catch...

You will need to correctly predict the Cruiserweight Title match result in order to be eligible for the Women's Title match points, and likewise to be eligible for the Tag Title match points you will have correctly predicted the Women's match result.

Here's an example of how it will work in practice:
    I correctly predict the Cruiserweight match, Tag Title match, and the main event results but I predicted the Women's match wrong. How many points do I get? The answer is only 1 point. I needed to get the Women's match result correct to be eligible for the remaining points.

Another example:
    I get the Cruiserweight Title match wrong but I get the other three results right. How many points do I get? Answer: zero. I needed to get the first match result right in order to be eligible for the later results.

I hope that's clear. If not, feel free to post any questions.

So depending on how your predictions go, you could wind up with scores of 1 point, 3 points, 6 points, a maximum of 10 points, or...zero points.

Which match, if any, will prove to be your own personal roadblock? (See what I did there?)

You won't lose points on this one if you predict incorrectly so it's worth your while going for it. Also keep in mind I'm asking you to predict the winner of the matches, NOT who leaves as champion.

So your line-up for the week ahead should look a bit like this:
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X

UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X

LOWER TIER - X

Your captain: X

Roadblock: End of the Line Bonus:

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: X - 1 point

Women's Title Match: X - 2 points

Tag Team Title Match: X - 3 points

Universal Title Match: X - 4 points

Deadline

As it's a PPV week, the deadline will be before the first pre-show match of Roadblock: End of the Line on December, 18th.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

The game may be about to conclude but new players are always welcome. To experience the final week simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

Good luck

That wraps up this update as the finishing line comes into view.

There should be plenty of drama as we discover who takes the final and most prestigious prize of all - our title of league champion; plus we learn which players avoid the dreaded fate of deletion.

This final gameweek is not to be missed and so, for the final time in 2016, best wishes to you with your decisions. Gameweek 20 - the final week - is now open for business.

Main Event Tier - Brocky Lynch Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Cesaro
    Upper Tier - Baron Corbin Rich Swann

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: X - Rich Swann

Women's Title Match: X - Charlotte

Tag Team Title Match: X - The New Day

Universal Title Match: X - Kevin Owens

Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Randy Orton replaced by Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Kofi Kingston replaced by Sheamus

Lower Tier - Goldust

Roadblock Bonus

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: Rich Swann (c) vs. T.J. Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick -

Women's Title Match: Sasha Banks (c) vs Charlotte -

Tag Team Title Match: New Day (c) vs Cesaro and Sheamus* -

Universal Title Match: Kevin Owens (c) vs Roman Reigns -

I honestly think I will lose a lot of interest in Raw & Smackdown after this game ends (this week). At least until the rumble & the road to mania in 6? Weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Main Event Tier - Rollins in for Becky
    Main Event Tier - Aj
    Main Event Tier - Sasha in for Bray

Upper Tier -Braun
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Kalisto

Lower Tier - Jey USO

Captain Sasha.

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: X - Rich Swann

Women's Title Match: X - Sasha

Tag Team Title Match: X - Cesaro & Sheamus

Universal Title Match: X - Kevin Owens

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Alexa
    In: Rich Swann

Out: Zack Ryder
    In: Mojo Rawley

Bayley
    Roman Reigns
    Randy Orton

Rich Swann
    Big Cass
    Braun Strowman

Mojo Rawley

Captain: Rich Swann

Match 1 - Swann
    Match 2 - Banks
    Match 3 - Cesaro and Sheamus
    Match 4 - Reigns

Main Event Tier - Randy Orton Seth Rollins in
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - Jason Jordan
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Heath Slater James Ellsworth in

My captain: Seth Rollins

WWE Cruiserweight Title Match: Rich Swann

Women's Title Match: Charlotte

Tag Team Title Match: Cesaro and Sheamus

Universal Title Match: Kevin Owens

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Owens Out Seth In
    Miz Out Cesaro In

Sasha Seth Roman
    Strowman Cass Cesaro
    Heath

Captain: Seth Rollins

Bonus: Swann - Sasha - Sheamus/Cesaro - Reigns

Best of luck in the final week to everyone!

• Advertisement

Dolph out, Kevin Owens in.
    Zack Ryder out, James Ellsworth in.

Swann is captain again this week.

Seth Rollins
    Kevin Owens
    Nikki Bella

Braun Strowman
    Cesaro
    Rich Swann - (Captain)

James Ellsworth

Roadblock Bonus:

Rich Swann
    Charlotte
    Cesaro & Sheamus
    Kevin Owens

Dolph out, Kevin Owens in.
    Zack Ryder out, James Ellsworth in.

Swann is captain again this week.

Seth Rollins
    Kevin Owens
    Nikki Bella

Braun Strowman
    Cesaro
    Rich Swann - (Captain)

James Ellsworth

Roadblock Bonus:

Rich Swann
    Charlotte
    Cesaro & Sheamus
    Kevin Owens

Cesaro wasn't in your most recent Upper Tier line-up, which was Strowman, Miz and Swann. See here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101948644&postcount=428

If you want Cesaro in your line-up you'll have to change one of your transfers. Otherwise I'll have to include Miz in your line-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Out: AJ Styles for Seth Rollins
    Out: The Miz for Rusev

Main
    Kevin Owens, Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins

Upper
    Braun Strowman, Cesaro, Rusev

Lower
    Jimmy Uso

Captain
    Cesaro

Bonus
    Rich Swann/Sasha Banks/Cesaro and Sheamus/Kevin Owens

MAIN EVENT TIER - Kevin Owens
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Seth Rollins
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Randy Orton

UPPER TIER - The Miz
    UPPER TIER - Big E Rusev
    UPPER TIER - Baron Corbin Rich Swann

LOWER TIER - Jimmy Uso

Your captain: Rich Swann

Women's Title Match: Sasha Banks

Tag Team Title Match: Cesaro & Sheamus

Universal Title Match: Roman Reigns

Apologies, we'll change Miz for Cesaro and drop the Kevin Owens transfer in that case.

Seth Rollins
    Dolph Ziggler
    Nikki Bella

Braun Strowman
    Cesaro
    Rich Swann - (Captain)

James Ellsworth

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella out Sasha In
    Main Event Tier – Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns

Upper Tier - Alexa out Cesaro in
    Upper Tier - Big Cass

Lower Tier - Primo

Captain - CesaroRoadblock: End of the Line Bonus:

Women's Title Match: Sasha Banks

Tag Team Title Match: Cesaro & Sheamus

Universal Title Match: Roman Reigns

Only hoping to finish higher than BH and MNG

Popular Trends - GW 20

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Seth Rollins 10

2. Roman Reigns 6

3. Randy Orton 5

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Braun Strowman 9

2. Cesaro 7

3. Rich Swann 4

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jimmy Uso 3

2. Goldust / James Ellsworth 2

Seth Rollins blasts to the top of the most-wanted Main Eventer list and ends the game as the most picked performer, featuring in ten line-ups. In the Upper Tier category, Braun Strowman's ownership hasn't changed and remains high, while Cesaro's grows and Rich Swann this week becomes a popular option. Amongst Lower Tier picks, Jimmy Uso sees out the game as the most popular choice, while 2 players have had a punt on James Ellsworth for the final week.

As far as the Roadblock Bonus is concerned, there's quite a lot of variety in the predictions made which is interesting. One thing that is common throughout, however, is that everyone reckons Rich Swann wins his title match; and so if he doesn't, we're all looking at zero points tonight. :pac:

Good luck to everybody for the final week. Here's hoping for a fun finale.

The Final Week...

220px-RoadblockEOTL.png

The last PPV of 2016, Roadblock: End of the Line, has gone into the record books and that means we are 1/3 of the way through our final week. The stakes are as high as can be as we look to crown our league champion this Wednesday, as well as revealing the four unfortunate players to suffer the fate of deletion.

Below you'll find the scores from last night's show, followed by our current league standings. Read on for all the latest news...

*Note - Roadblock spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of the PPV.*

Roadblock: End of the Line scores

Cheese Wagstaff...............................30 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy......................................29 pts
    Gaw_..............................................26 pts
    paulie21..........................................24 pts
    beakerjoe........................................19 pts
    Bounty Hunter...................................19 pts
    LeeJM..............................................19 pts
    daithi1989........................................18 pts
    WinnyThePoo....................................16 pts
    DM_7..............................................14 pts
    Kankan14.........................................13 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.............................2 pts

Roadblock Fallout

Bonus points have been added above. The bonus for Roadblock was a type of accumulator in which you had to get each title match prediction correct, starting with the Cruiserweight Title match, in order to be eligible for the next one. Only two players successfully predicted all four matches: Cheese Wagstaff and myself; for this, we both pocketed ten points. Bounty Hunter got the next highest bonus score with 3 points, for getting the Cruiserweight and Women's match correct - the tag match proved his roadblock last night and so his bonus stopped there. Everyone else correctly predicted the Cruiserweight result but hit a roadblock for the women's match by incorrectly predicting a win for Sasha - thus all other players earned 1 bonus point.

Cheese Wagstaff got the highest score overall via wins for Seth Rollins, Cesaro, his captain Rich Swann, a Strowman appearance point, and the bonus. I got the second highest score courtesy of wins for my captain Seth Rollins, Cesaro and Kevin Owens, plus appearance points for Strowman and Roman Reigns, as well as the bonus.

The average score for the PPV was 19 points.

So now let's see what the scores above mean for our league...

Gameweek 20 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. daithi1989....................................................................510 points

= paulie21.......................................................................510 points

2. DM_7..........................................................................509 points

3. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................501 points

4. beakerjoe....................................................................483 points

5. Bounty Hunter..............................................................482 points

6. Gaw_..........................................................................431 points

7. Cheese Wagstaff...........................................................419 points

8. A Brad Maddox Guy.......................................................406 points

9. Kankan14....................................................................404 points

10. LeeJM.......................................................................369 points

11. WinnyThePoo..............................................................353 points

League Fallout

Just look at the top of that table. Wow. It is daithi1989 and paulie21, the two guys that battled it out in the Fantasy Cup Final, who have climbed to share top spot at the moment. Just a whisker below them is the man who has led the league more than anybody this year, DM_7, still very much in the hunt. Below him, my strong score has given me an outside chance going into the final shows. It may now be too much of a margin from the top for beakerjoe and Bounty Hunter, though they could still overtake me.

At the other end of the table, the battle to escape deletion has heated up with Cheese Wagstaff's high score giving him a decent chance now to avoid finishing in the bottom four. Alas, it looks like LeeJM and WinnyThePoo will be caught up in it unless something dramatic happens on Raw. I think the remaining two spots could be filled by any of the four lads above.

It promises to be a gripping episode of Raw, especially with many players having all, or almost all, of their line-up this week being filled with Raw performers.

Roadblock: End of the Line results

Rusev defeated Big Cass by count-out.

Cesaro & Sheamus defeated The New Day to win the Raw Tag Team Championships.

Sami Zayn survived for 10 minutes against Braun Strowman.

Seth Rollins defeated Chris Jericho.

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann defeated The Brian Kendrick and TJ Perkins.

Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks to win the Raw Women’s Championship (30-Minute Iron Man Match)

WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens defeated Roman Reigns by Disqualification

*Note - I've treated the Sami Zayn match as a win for Zayn since he was announced last night as being a winner.

225px-Seth_Rollins_in_April_2015.jpg

Rollins justified his status as the most popular pick in the game with a win. Will he be involved in action again on Raw, I wonder?

That concludes the Roadblock update. On we go to Raw and you don't need me to tell you this show has mammoth ramifications for us...

What would the tie breaker be if there's a tie at the end?

• Advertisement

paulie21 wrote: »
    What would the tie breaker be if there's a tie at the end?

If that happens the spot will be awarded to the player with the highest positional ranking in the game overall. On the previous page in this post you can see overall positional averages at the end of each gameweek. You have a better average than daithi, but DM_7 has the best overall average.

Advertisement