Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Main Event Tier - Finn Balor Charlotte in
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Kofi Kingston Cesaro in

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neil

My captain: Braun Strowman

A reminder that if you wish to make transfers to your line-up they must be made before the start of tonight's Raw.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

DM_7 wrote: »
    Main Event Tier (Pick 3)
    Sasha Banks
    AJ Styles
    Finn Balor

Upper Tier
    Jason Jordan
    Chris Jericho
    Rusev

Lower Tier
    Zack Ryder

Captain: Chris Jericho

No changes for me ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

No changes for me either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    Main Event: Rollins, Cena, Style

Upper Tier: Strowman, Cesaro, Rusev

Lower Tier: Young

Captain: Rusev

AJ out, Reigns in
    Rusev out, Gallows in

Captain: Cena

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Ziggler OUT Ambrose IN

Main Event
    Finn Balor
    Dean Ambrose
    Nia Jax

Upper Tier
    Chris Jericho
    Sheamus
    Chad Gable

Lower Tier
    Titus O'Neil

Captain - Chad Gable

250px-WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Raw is done for the week and that means it's time to check how the night's action affected our current standings.

I'll begin this update with the highest scores from Raw and then go on to highlight where it has left our league table. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

daithi1989.........................15 pts
    paulie21............................10 pts
    beakerjoe...........................7 pts
    Kankan14...........................7 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy..............6 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy.........................6 pts
    WinnyThePoo.......................6 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff...................5 pts
    LeeJM.................................4 pts
    Bounty Hunter.......................1 pt
    DM_7..................................1 pt

Raw Fallout

The highest score for Raw this week goes to daithi1989 whose decision to stick the captaincy on Big Cass paid off in style; he also had a win from Nia Jax and an appearance point from Jinder Mahal which resulted in the big score.

paulie21 also had a good night with wins for Luke Gallows and Roman Reigns getting the bulk of his points.

The average score for Raw was 6 points.

Now let's see what these scores meant for our overall league table...

Gameweek 2 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. paulie21..........................................................................37 points

2. daithi1989........................................................................34 points

3. Bounty Hunter..................................................................30 points

4. Kankan14........................................................................28 points

= WinnyThePoo....................................................................28 points

5. beakerjoe........................................................................26 points

= Cheese Wagstaff................................................................26 points

6. DM_7..............................................................................25 points

7 LeeJM..............................................................................24 points

8. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................23 points

9. A Brad Maddox Guy...........................................................22 points

League Fallout

While we await Smackdown's results, for now it is paulie21 that takes possession of top position, with daithi1989 not far behind.

The bottom two positions remain unchanged.

Speaking of the bottom of the table, I'm thinking if we remain on the current number of players then I will make it 3 players at the bottom eliminated on the final week of the contest, rather than the 4 I had originally stated. It depends on whether we can add an extra player in the weeks ahead but I feel finishing with 8 players and the lowest ones being eliminated is the neatest way to do it.

Raw results

Sami Zayn defeated Sheamus.

Kofi and Xavier Woods defeated The Dudley Boyz.

Nia Jax defeated Rachel Levy.

Big Cass defeated Kevin Owens via D.Q.

The Shining Stars defeated The Prime Time Players.

Neville defeated Jinder Mahal.

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated The Golden Truth.

Charlotte defeated Alicia Fox.

Roman Reigns defeated Rusev.

170px-Primo_WWE.jpg

Who would have thought Epico and Primo (above) would pick up a win on Raw? Does that make them an enticing choice as a Lower Tier pick? Or was it just a one-off result?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. There is a very popular Cup contest starting in two weeks that runs alongside the league where players will take on one another in matches, so now is a great time to sign up and secure a spot. To sign up just submit a squad and you're in.

That concludes the Raw update. Now to check out Smackdown Live...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

1pt :D

thats what happens when you forget to change your line-up! Woulda swapped Braun for Nia most likely and given her my captaincy (don't think they want to have two such similar squashes in one show so are taking turns atm) but meh 2 show week next week to catch up.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown Live has come and gone and that means it's time to check out how things look at the end of Week 2.

Below I will post the highest scores for Smackdown and then reveal the overall standings. I will also post details on the bonus points which will be on offer for our first PPV of the game, Summerslam. Read on...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

A Brad Maddox Guy..............14 pts
    DM_7.................................11 pts
    Bounty Hunter......................10 pts
    paulie21..............................8 pts
    WinnyThePoo........................8 pts
    LeeJM..................................7 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff....................5 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...........................5 pts
    beakerjoe..............................1 pt
    Kankan14...............................1 pt
    daithi1989..............................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

A Brad Maddox Guy picks up the biggest score from Smackdown. Wins for his captain Chad Gable and Dean Ambrose got him the score.

DM_7 got the next best score with Zack Ryder proving the only Lower Tier name chosen this week to score points; Jason Jordan also did well for his team.

The average for Smackdown was 6 points.

Now let's see where we stand at the end of the second week...

Gameweek 2 Standings

1. paulie21..........................................................................45 points

2. Bounty Hunter..................................................................40 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy...........................................................36 points

= DM_7..............................................................................36 points

= WinnyThePoo....................................................................36 points

4. daithi1989........................................................................34 points

5. Cheese Wagstaff................................................................31 points

= LeeJM..............................................................................31 points

6. Kankan14.........................................................................29 points

7. Mr.Nice Guy......................................................................28 points

8. beakerjoe........................................................................27 points

League Fallout

It's a role reversal from the way things looked last week as paulie21 takes over top spot; Bounty Hunter is in second place only a few points off the lead.

A Brad Maddox Guy has had the most dramatic change of fortune as he goes from bottom position following Raw to third place.

Smackdown results

American Alpha, The Usos and The Hype Bros defeated Breezango, The Vaudevillains and The Ascension.

Eva Marie vs Naomi ended in a No Contest.

Heath Slater defeated Randy Orton via D.Q.

Dean Ambrose defeated Erick Rowan.

Becky Lynch and Carmella defeated Natalya and Alexa Bliss.

John Cena defeated Alberto Del Rio.

250px-The_Usos_2014.jpg

The Usos were a popular pick last year but this year no one has gone for them. Will their win make them worthy of consideration again?

On to Gameweek #3 (PPV Week)...

*****Summerslam PPV Bonus Pts*****

220px-SummerSlam_2016.jpg

It's the first WWE PPV of this year's contest - Summerslam - and like last year's game we will be offering you bonus points from the event.

This year I'm calling it our Brocky Bonus and it works like this: simply predict the result of the Brock Lesnar match vs Randy Orton and if your prediction is correct, you will pick up an extra 4 points.

Do you think Brock will win, lose of draw? Let me know your thoughts when you pick your squad for the week. It should look a bit like this:
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X

UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X

LOWER TIER - X

Your captain: X

SUMMERSLAM BONUS: Brock Lesnar will __________ his match with Randy Orton.

I hope that's easy to understand. Any questions feel free to ask away.

Deadline

As it's a PPV week the deadline this time will be before the first pre-show match of Summerslam on Sunday, August 21st.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Cup Competition

A reminder that the Cup starts in Gameweek 4; like last year the seedings in the Cup will be based on the league - top 3 will be top seeds, next top 3 the 2nd seeds etc.

I would love an extra player to join the competition to bring us to an even number of twelve so if anyone's reading who is not involved, sign up now and get a place.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. The aforementioned Cup game will see players take on one another in matches, so now is a great time to get involved. To sign up simply pick a squad and you're in.

Good luck for the week ahead, folks. Gameweek #3 is now open for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Last place..... time to re-evaluate things for Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier - Sasha (in for Orton)

Upper Tier - Jericho (in for Big Braun)
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neill

My captain : Sasha Banks

Brocky bonus:

Brock will win his match with Randy Orton.

Pre-show count in summerslam?

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Pre-show count in summerslam?

Yeah that will count.

Will you be able to transfer again before Raw?

Main Event Tier - Charlotte Roman Reigns in
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Titus O'Neil Naomi in

My captain: Naomi

Brocky Bonus: I'll go for Brock to win his match.

paulie21 wrote: »
    Will you be able to transfer again before Raw?

No, the transfers must be in before the first pre-show match starts on Summerslam and that will be your line-up for the week.

Rollins, Cena, Reigns

Strowman, Cesaro, Gallows

Young

Neville in for Strowman
    Ryder in for Young

Captain: Neville

Brock will win his match

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Main Event Tier - Randy Orton
    Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose
    Main Event Tier - Finn Balor

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman Rusev
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Apollo Crews

Lower Tier - Darren Young Jey Uso

My captain: Chad Gable

Brock Lesnar to win

Woulda made another sub if it was 3 allowed like last time (iirc) and even more if it was possible but instead Young & Apollo keep their spots and hopefully will surprise me on the PPV

edit: changed my mind when I realized despite most of the roster being on the SS card Young was not so hard luck Sasha less points for a Main Event Win

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Nia Jax out, Dean Ambrose in.
    Apollo Crews out, Neville in.

Captain this week will be Neville.

Seth Rollins
    Finn Balor
    Dean Ambrose

Braun Strowman
    Neville - (Captain)
    Chad Gable

Darren Young

Brocky Bonus: Brock Lesnar will defeat Randy Orton.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Jinder and Strowman get cut the week, wit Naomi and Sami coming to replace.

Finn Sasha Nia Jax
    Sami Crews Big Cass
    Naomi

Captain: Naomi

Brock to get win vs Orton

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Main Event Tier - Finn Balor
    Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns

Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Rhyno Chris Jericho

Lower Tier - Tyler Breeze Bubba Ray Dudley

My captain : Finn Balor

Brock Bonus : Brock will lose to Randy Orton

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, this is right up my alley. I'm quite far behind, so I will certainly face deletion. If I'm useful for any brackets, you can count on me always showing up.

My roster picks for SummerSlam week:

Main event tier: Dean Ambrose
    Main event tier: Bray Wyatt
    Main event tier: Sasha Banks

Upper tier: Jason Jordan
    Upper tier: Enzo Amore
    Upper tier: Neville

Lower tier: Mojo Rawley

Team Captain: Mojo Rawley

SUMMERSLAM BONUS: Brock Lesnar will defeat Randy Orton. DQ possible.

The Undertaker will appear at SummerSlam.
    Bayley will appear on RAW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Big Cass

Lower Tier - Darren Young

My captain: Braun Strowman

Randy Orton to win -

Gaw_ wrote: »
    I wish I had seen this thread earlier, this is right up my alley. I'm quite far behind, so I will certainly face deletion. If I'm useful for any brackets, you can count on me always showing up.

Welcome to the game. Glad to have you on board as it means in the Cup game we will now have an even number of teams which makes things easier.

I will still accept new players though if anyone is reading and interested in participating.

Final reminder to players that the deadline for tonight is before the first pre-show match of the PPV.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

No roster changes, just a captain change

Sasha Banks
    AJ Styles
    Finn Balor

Jason Jordan
    Chris Jericho
    Rusev

Zack Ryder

Captain: Zack Ryder

Brock to win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Didn't realise this show was starting so early. Guess I'm stuck with the current lineup then, Lets Go Balor! *clap clap clap clap clap*

Main Event
    Finn Balor
    Dean Ambrose
    Nia Jax

Upper Tier
    Chris Jericho
    Sheamus
    Chad Gable

Lower Tier
    Titus O'Neil

Captain - Chad Gable

(Brock to win btw, assuming I can still enter that since it's hours away yet)

I was surprised the show started so soon myself. It is now under way which means I won't be accepting any more transfers. All players did submit teams for this week except for WinnyThePoo but if he wants to give a prediction for the Brock Lesnar bonus match I will accept that, providing it's in before the match starts.

Here are the popular trends for this PPV week:
    Popular trends - G.W. 3

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Finn Balor 6

2. Dean Ambrose 5

= Sasha Banks 5

= Seth Rollins 5

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Chad Gable 5

= Rusev 5

2. Braun Strowman / Chris Jericho / Neville 4

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Darren Young 2

= Naomi 2

= Titus O'Neil 2

= Zack Ryder 2

2. Others 1

Quite a lot of variety in the rosters it would seem. That should make for an exciting week.

As regards the Brocky Bonus, 9 of you have backed the Beast to prevail in his match, with 2 of you backing the Viper.

Good luck to all players. I hope to have the Summerslam update posted up on Monday evening.

220px-SummerSlam_2016.jpg

The first of three shows this week has come and gone, Summerslam, and that means it's time to check out where we stand following the event. There were plenty of points on offer including four bonus points for those that could successfully predict the outcome of the main event (9 of you secured the bonus points by getting your prediction correct).

Below I will reveal the scores for Summerslam and then show where that leaves our overall standings. Read on for more...

*Warning - Summerslam spoilers lie below. Do not read further if you do not want the results from the show.*

Summerslam scores (bonus points included where necessary)

DM_7..................................35 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy................32 pts
    Gaw_...................................32 pts
    Bounty Hunter........................30 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.....................28 pts
    paulie21................................28 pts
    LeeJM...................................20 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...........................20 pts
    daithi1989.............................18 pts
    WinnyThePoo.........................16 pts
    Kankan14..............................13 pts
    beakerjoe...............................7 pts

Summerslam Fallout

I should point out firstly that the Reigns vs Rusev match caused a bit of a headache for me as I didn't quite know how to score it. I went to the WWE website which says and I quote: "The United States Championship Match did not take place after Roman Reigns rendered Rusev unable to compete."

With that being the case I decided I couldn't award appearance points for this match since I said in the rules that wrestlers have to be in a match in order to get the appearance points. Hope everyone understands. (If it's any consolation I had Reigns myself so I'm getting nothing from him either).

Anyways it is DM_7 who has the best night as 5 members of his team picked up wins, including his captain and Lower Tier pick, Zack Ryder.

Not far behind were A Brad Maddox Guy, and our newest entrant Gaw who starts off the game in style.

The average score for Summerslam was 23 points.

And now let's see what the scores meant for our league table...

Gameweek 3 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. paulie21.......................................................................73 points

2. DM_7...........................................................................71 points

3. Bounty Hunter................................................................70 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy.........................................................68 points

5. Cheese Wagstaff.............................................................59 points

6. daithi1989.....................................................................52 points

= WinnyThePoo..................................................................52 points

7. LeeJM...........................................................................51 points

8. Mr.Nice Guy...................................................................48 points

9. Kankan14......................................................................42 points

10. beakerjoe....................................................................34 points

11. Gaw_..........................................................................32 points

League Fallout

It's getting pretty exciting at the top as paulie21 holds on to first place, with several players breathing down his neck. Who will be number one after Raw?

Another interesting story concerns the arrival of Gaw whose big haul from Summerslam puts him very much in the mix already.

Summerslam results

The Usos, American Alpha & The Hype Bros defeated Breezango, The Vaudevillains & The Ascension.

Sami Zayn & Neville defeated The Dudley Boyz.

Sheamus defeated Cesaro.

Chris Jericho & Kevin Owens defeated Enzo Amore & Big Cass.

Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks.

The Miz defeated Apollo Crews.

AJ Styles defeated John Cena.

Gallows & Anderson defeated The New Day via disqualification.

Dean Ambrose defeated Dolph Ziggler.

Nikki Bella, Natalya & Alexa Bliss defeated Becky Lynch, Naomi & Carmella.

Finn Bálor defeated Seth Rollins.

The United States Championship Match did not take place after Roman Reigns rendered Rusev unable to compete.

Brock Lesnar defeated Randy Orton via TKO.

220px-Nikki_Bella_live_event_April_2015.jpg

Nikki Bella is back so I'll look to make her available for selection when this week concludes. She'll be in the Main Event tier.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. There is a very popular Cup contest starting next week that runs alongside the league where players will take on one another in matches, so now is a great time to sign up and secure a spot. To sign up simply pick a squad and you're in.

That ends the Summerslam update. Over now to Raw to see what the show does for our leaderboard...

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

if you need another player from next week id be interested - pity i only seen it now :(

• Advertisement

if you need another player from next week id be interested - pity i only seen it now :(

Don't worry, stick up a team.I'm shocking bad at this chances are you'll catch after one game week :-)

Advertisement