Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Do I get extra points for predicting Bayley on RAW? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

250px-WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Raw has finished for another week and what a dramatic 24 hours it's been since the last update. Now it's time to check how everyone fared for last night's show and see how our league table looks. Read on for more...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

beakerjoe..............................20 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...........................13 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.....................11 pts
    Kankan14..............................10 pts
    LeeJM...................................10 pts
    paulie21................................10 pts
    daithi1989..............................6 pts
    WinnyThePoo..........................6 pts
    DM_7....................................2 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy..................1 pt
    Gaw_.....................................1 pt
    Bounty Hunter..........................1 pt

Raw Fallout

There is a dramatic change of fortune for beakerjoe who goes from the lowest score for Summerslam, to having the highest score by some margin for Raw. Wins for his captain Braun Strowman, Big Cass and Seth Rollins, plus an appearance point from Rusev, got him his score.

I managed the second highest score via wins from Strowman, Roman Reigns and Kevin Owens.

This was a difficult night with injuries to Finn Balor and Sasha Banks causing problems, plus no-shows from Nia Jax and Cesaro.

The average score for Raw was 8 points.

And now to see what these scores mean for our overall league table...

Gameweek 3 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. paulie21.......................................................................83 points

2. DM_7...........................................................................73 points

3. Bounty Hunter................................................................71 points

4. Cheese Wagstaff.............................................................70 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy.........................................................69 points

6. LeeJM...........................................................................61 points

= Mr.Nice Guy....................................................................61 points

7. daithi1989.....................................................................58 points

= WinnyThePoo..................................................................58 points

8. beakerjoe......................................................................54 points

9. Kankan14......................................................................52 points

10. Gaw_..........................................................................33 points

League Fallout

It is paulie21 that continues to set the pace as he strengthens his lead at the top.

Other movement sees Cheese Wagstaff edge into the top four, whilst LeeJM and myself leapfrog daithi1989 and WinnyThePoo for a share of sixth place. The highest score for Raw from beakerjoe also sees him move ahead of Kankan14.

So quite a bit of change, but how will things look after Smackdown?

Raw results

Seth Rollins defeated Sami Zayn.

Kevin Owens defeated Neville.

Big E defeated Karl Anderson.

Big Cass defeated Rusev.

Bayley defeated Dana Brooke.

Braun Strowman defeated Johnny Knockout.

Roman Reigns defeated Chris Jericho.

220px-Bayley_NXT_Takeover_Dallas_2016.jpg

Yes, it's Bayley - I aim to do a roster update tomorrow and I plan on making Bayley, and also Nikki Bella, available for selection. I will place both women in the Main Event tier.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. There is a very popular Cup contest starting next week that runs alongside the league where players will take on one another in matches, so now is a great time to sign up and secure a spot. To sign up simply pick a squad and you're in.

That wraps up the Raw update. Over to Smackdown now for the final show of this week.

if you need another player from next week id be interested - pity i only seen it now :(

Sure, new players are always welcome.

Stick up a line-up when you're ready and I'll add you in for Gameweek 4 onwards.

I will have the Smackdown update posted up in a short while but before that, as promised, I want to make some new arrivals available for selection ahead of Gameweek #4. I also want to DELETE those who are on the shelf at the moment.

IN

170px-Bayley_WrestleMania_Axxess_2015_%28cropped2%29.jpg

Bayley

Raw's newest signing, Bayley, will now be available for selection in the Main Event Tier. Will she charm her way into your line-up?

220px-Nikki_Bella_live_event_April_2015.jpg

Nikki Bella

Smackdown's newest woman will also be available for selection in the Main Event Tier. Are you going to be jumping on the Bella bandwagon?

220px-Heath_Slater_WrestleMania_32_Axxess.jpg

Heath Slater

With Slater pencilled in for a match in Smackdown's tag tournament next week, I am therefore adding him to the game at long last. He will be available for selection in the Lower Tier.

Will you be signing up the 'hottest free agent'?

And now to those who will no longer be available for selection...

OUT

220px-Shelton_Benjamin_ROH_Cropped.jpg

Shelton Benjamin

Having added Shelton to the game when his return seemed imminent, it subsequently emerged that he had a torn rotator cuff which required surgery. It's unknown when he will be back so, for now at least, he is no longer available for selection.

220px-Finn_Balor_Wm31Axxess.jpg

Finn Bálor

With our game ending in early December, and Finn scheduled to be missing for six months, we can say it's pretty much a certainty that Finn will not be wrestling any more matches in 2016. And with that being the case, he will also no longer be available for selection.

Here then is your updated roster going into Gameweek #4:

The Roster

Main Event Tier (Pick 3)

Men

AJ Styles
    Bray Wyatt
    Dean Ambrose
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    Kevin Owens
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Women

Bayley
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte
    Eva Marie
    Natalya
    Nia Jax
    Nikki Bella
    Sasha Banks

Upper Tier (Pick 3)

Men

Alberto Del Rio
    Apollo Crews
    Baron Corbin
    Big Cass
    Big E
    Big Show
    Braun Strowman
    Cesaro
    Chad Gable
    Chris Jericho
    Enzo Amore
    Erick Rowan
    Jason Jordan
    Kalisto
    Kane
    Karl Anderson
    Kofi Kingston
    Luke Gallows
    Neville
    Rhyno
    Rusev
    Sami Zayn
    Sheamus
    The Miz
    Xavier Woods

Women

Alexa Bliss
    Carmella
    Dana Brooke
    Paige

Lower Tier (Pick 1)

Aiden English
    Bo Dallas
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Curtis Axel
    Darren Young
    D-Von Dudley
    Epico
    Fandango
    Goldust
    Heath Slater
    Jack Swagger
    Jey Uso
    Jimmy Uso
    Jinder Mahal
    Konnor
    Mark Henry
    Mojo Rawley
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Simon Gotch
    Titus O’Neil
    Tyler Breeze
    Viktor
    Zack Ryder

Women

Summer Rae
    Alicia Fox
    Naomi

Note - Part-timers like Brock Lesnar and Triple H have not been included. New names may be added to the list if and when they debut. i.e. Nakamura, Samoa Joe etc.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown Live has finished for the week and that means we have reached the end of Week 3.

Below I will post the highest scores for Smackdown and go on to reveal the overall standings. Read on for the latest...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

Bounty Hunter..........................16 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy...................10 pts
    DM_7......................................9 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy..............................9 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff........................5 pts
    Gaw_.......................................5 pts
    LeeJM......................................5 pts
    beakerjoe.................................4 pts
    daithi1989.................................0 pts
    Kankan14..................................0 pts
    paulie21....................................0 pts
    WinnyThePoo..............................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

It is Bounty Hunter that gets the best score for Smackdown with a big total of 16 points; wins for his captain Chad Gable, plus his Lower Tier pick Jey Uso, got him the hefty haul.

A Brad Maddox Guy got the next best score with his captain Chad Gable solely responsible.

This was a difficult show to score points with a lot of angles and only four matches taking place.

The average for Smackdown was just 5 points.

And now let's assess where we stand in the overall league table...

Gameweek 3 Standings

1. Bounty Hunter...............................................................87 points

2. paulie21.......................................................................83 points

3. DM_7...........................................................................82 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................79 points

5. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................75 points

6. Mr.Nice Guy...................................................................70 points

7. LeeJM...........................................................................66 points

8. beakerjoe......................................................................58 points

= daithi1989......................................................................58 points

= WinnyThePoo..................................................................58 points

9. Kankan14......................................................................52 points

10. Gaw_..........................................................................38 points

League Fallout

We have a new player at the top as Bounty Hunter moves into first place on the back of his great Smackdown score.

Other movement sees A Brad Maddox Guy return to fourth place, myself moving into sixth place, and beakerjoe taking a share of eighth spot.

Our newest member Gaw finishes his first week not far behind those ahead of him.

(Note - as previously stated, the seeding for the Cup game (more on that below) will be based on current league standings. That means Bounty Hunter, paulie21, and DM_7 will be considered top seeds since they're 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in our league going into Gameweek 4.)

Smackdown results

Becky Lynch defeated Alexa Bliss.

The Usos defeated The Ascension,

American Alpha defeated Breezango.

AJ Styles defeated Dolph Ziggler.

220px-Chad_Gable_NXT_Takeover_Dallas_2016.jpg

American Alpha have been very good value the past few weeks. Are they entering must-have territory at the minute?

On to Gameweek #4 (The Cup begins!)

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg
    LeeJM won last year

Gameweek #4 features the return of the popular Fantasy Cup game which sees players take on one another in direct competition.

This game will run alongside the regular league game we've been playing up to now. That means the squad you select for next week will therefore cover both the league and your Cup game simultaneously.

I want to give time to people to join the game so I will hold off on announcing the brackets until Monday. I will reveal the details and format on Monday as well.

Deadline

For regular players who are already in the game, the deadline will be before Raw on Monday.

But for those not playing but interested in joining in - I noticed the poster nasty_crash expressed an interest - I ask you to submit a team no later than Sunday evening.

The reason being I need to know how many wish to be involved for the Cup which launches on Monday and without a squad submitted, I can't guarantee a place.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

As I noted in my previous post, Bayley, Heath Slater and Nikki Bella are now available for selection.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome.

As noted above, if you're not involved but would like to be, then submit a team before Sunday evening and you can play in both the league and Cup.

After Monday, places for the Cup will be closed, though I will still accept people to play in the League.

Good luck for the week ahead, folks. Gameweek #4 is now open for business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier - Dolph (for Sasha)

Upper Tier - Jericho (in for Big Braun)
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Slater(for Titus)

My captain : Rollins

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Main Event Tier - Dolph (for Sasha)

Upper Tier - Jericho (in for Big Braun)
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Slater(for Titus)

My captain : Rollins

That's three transfers.

Only two are allowed. ;)

Edit: I just checked your team and I see you transferred in Jericho last week so I take it your two transfers are Dolph for Sasha and Slater for Titus.

That's three transfers.

Only two are allowed. ;)

Edit: I just checked your team and I see you transferred in Jericho last week so I take it your two transfers are Dolph for Sasha and Slater for Titus.

Yup. Lazy copy and pasting from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Left with little or no choice as to who to drop this week!

Out: Finn Balor and Sasha Banks (stupid injuries!)

In: Kevin Owens and AJ Styles

Leaves me with;

KO AJ Nia Jax
    Sami Cass Crews
    Naomi

Captain: Naomi (here's hoping she has a match wit Nattie and wins!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Main Event Tier - Sasha Banks Replaced by Nikki Bella
    Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose

Upper Tier - Apollo Crews
    Upper Tier - Neville
    Upper Tier - Rusev

Lower Tier - Summer Rae Replaced by Heath Slater

My captain: Dean Ambrose replaced by Seth Rollins

I'm not sure i can change my captain.

Keep the captain as is if i can't

• Advertisement

I'm not sure i can change my captain.

Keep the captain as is if i can't

Yep, you can change your captain to whoever you want each week.

Assuming no free transfer for Bayley (I predicted her!):

Bayley for Sasha and Cesaro for Enzo will have to do.

Bayley, Bray, Dean
    Cesaro (captain), Jordan, Neville
    Mojo

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Randy Orton OUT Bayley In
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Big Cass out - Neville In

Lower Tier - Darren Young

My captain: Braun Strowman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Booya! Who needs Raw, 2 weeks in a row I get 1pt from Raw and yet I'm somehow top (for 1 week only im guessing)

Main Event Tier - Randy Orton
    Main Event Tier - Finn Balor Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Apollo Crews Kofi Kingston

Lower Tier - Jey Uso

My captain: Kofi

switching my captain away from Gable as I've a feeling we will have the other 4 tag teams involved in that tournament this week so I'm not cofident Jey Uso / Chad Gable will bring in much points this week despite bring in lots last week

Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman Sami Zayn in
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable Neville in
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Naomi

My captain: Neville

You better come through for me this week, Naomi!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Rollins, Cena, Reigns

Neville, Cesaro, Gallows

Ryder

Bayley for Cena
    Slater for Ryder

Captain: Slater

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Finn Balor OUT Roman Reigns IN
    Chris Jericho OUT Cesaro IN

Main Event
    Roman Reigns
    Dean Ambrose
    Nia Jax

Upper Tier
    Cesaro
    Sheamus
    Chad Gable

Lower Tier
    Titus O'Neil

Captain - Chad Gable

*****PW Boards Fantasy Cup 2016*****

It is officially Monday and as promised that means it's time to launch the 2016 edition of the PW Fantasy Cup.

LeeJM won the tournament last year

Up to now we have been accumulating points each week in order to get as high as possible in the league, but now for the first time we will compete directly against one another, head to head, in this knock-out style tournament. These Cup ties will take place every second week, in addition to the league game we've been playing.

How it works: the 12 players have been drawn to compete against one another in 3 groups of 4. The top 2 players in each group qualify automatically for the quarter-finals, while the remaining 2 spots shall go to the two best third-placed players.

Down below you will find what I hope is a useful Q&A about the Cup which I posted for last year's game (the format was the same then).

Now it's time to see who you have been drawn against...

Groups and Fixtures

Group A

paulie21
    Mr.Nice Guy
    LeeJM
    Gaw_

Gameweek #4 (This upcoming week)

paulie21 vs Mr.Nice Guy
    Gaw_ vs LeeJM

Gameweek #6

Gaw_ vs paulie21
    LeeJM vs Mr.Nice Guy

Gameweek #8

Mr.Nice Guy vs Gaw_
    LeeJM vs paulie21

Groups and Fixtures

Group B

DM_7
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989
    Kankan14

A Brad Maddox Guy vs daithi1989
    DM_7 vs Kankan14

Gameweek #6

DM_7 vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 vs Kankan14

Gameweek #8

Kankan14 vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 vs DM_7

Groups and Fixtures

Group C

Bounty Hunter
    Cheese Wagstaff
    beakerjoe
    WinnyThePoo

WinnyThePoo vs Bounty Hunter
    beakerjoe vs Cheese Wagstaff

Gameweek #6

Cheese Wagstaff vs Bounty Hunter
    WinnyThePoo vs beakerjoe

Gameweek #8

Cheese Wagstaff vs WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter vs beakerjoe

Draw Fallout

Last year's Cup winner LeeJM begins his defence in Group A, where he once again features in a group with myself, just like last year, as well as two new participants in the Cup game: paulie21 and Gaw_.

It's a similar story in Group B which features last year's runner-up DM_7, sharing a group with A Brad Maddox Guy - again like last year - plus two new players: daithi1989 and Kankan14.

Group C features three returning players from the Cup: Bounty Hunter and Cheese Wagstaff (who also both shared a group last year), as well as beakerjoe. There's a new entrant in the form of WinnyThePoo.

So a nice mixture of old rivalries and fresh matches.

Some Q & A on the game...
    Will this Cup game affect the league game that has been running up to now?

No, the league is separate and will continue to run each week. This Cup game is in addition to that game and it will run every second week.
    Will we have to pick two squads for the Cup and the League?

No. The seven-person squad you submit each week will be used for both the League AND the Cup on Cup weeks.
    How are the matches decided?

The player with the most points from his squad wins the tie and gains 3 points. If it's a draw, then both players share one point. There's nothing for a loss.
    How is qualification from the groups determined?

Qualification shall be determined in the following ways:

- The player with the most points from the group games advances.

- In the event that players share the same group points, then the player with the highest overall score from his seven-person squad advances.

- In the event that both players share the same overall scores from their squads, then the head-to-head record determines who advances.

- In the event that the head-to-head record fails to settle it, then the player with the best score from his captaincy choices throughout the group shall advance.

- In the unlikely event that all of the above fails to settle it, then a special one-off tie will determine who advances.
    How will the quarter-finals operate?

The quarter-finals will be seeded with each group winner and the best runner-up being top seeds. Those who met in the group stages will be kept apart for the Q-F draw.

Both the quarter-finals and the semi-finals will be two-legged affairs, whereas in the group stages we'll play each other just once.

I hope that clears up any questions you may have. If not, feel free to ask away.

Don't forget if you haven't already submitted a squad for this week that you have up until the start of Monday Night Raw to do so.

Good Luck

Best of luck to you in your match-ups. It should hopefully make Raw and Smackdown even more interesting. Here is a reminder of the matches ahead this week:

Gameweek #4 Cup Ties

Group A

paulie21 vs Mr.Nice Guy
    Gaw_ vs LeeJM

Group B

A Brad Maddox Guy vs daithi1989
    DM_7 vs Kankan14

Group C

WinnyThePoo vs Bounty Hunter
    beakerjoe vs Cheese Wagstaff

New Players

With the passing of the Cup deadline, places in this game are no longer available. We will however still accept places in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Me vs Cheese in the cup

200_s.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Main Event Tier - Finn Balor AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable
    Upper Tier - Chris Jericho

Lower Tier - Bubba Ray Dudley Heath Slater

My captain : AJ Styles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Finn Balor out, Bayley in.
    Darren Young out, Heath Slater in.

The One Man Band will be captain this week.

Seth Rollins
    Dean Ambrose
    Bayley

Braun Strowman
    Neville
    Chad Gable

Heath Slater - (Captain)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Sasha
    Out: Finn

In: Becky Lynch
    In: Kevin Owens

Becky Lynch
    AJ Styles
    Kevin Owens

Jason Jordan
    Chris Jericho
    Rusev

Zack Ryder

Captain: Zack Ryder

250px-WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Monday Night Raw has come and gone and what an eventful show it was. This week also marks the beginning of our Cup game and below you will find the latest scores in the Cup ties, as well as what Raw has meant for our league table. Read on for all the latest...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

PW Fantasy Cup (Latest Scores)

Group A

paulie21 9 - 13 Mr.Nice Guy
    Gaw_ 7 - 11 LeeJM

Group B

A Brad Maddox Guy 12 - 14 daithi1989
    DM_7 9 - 9 Kankan14

Group C

WinnyThePoo 3 - 11 Bounty Hunter
    beakerjoe 22 - 11 Cheese Wagstaff

Cup Fallout

With Smackdown still to come, it's pretty much half-time in the ties and we can see most ties look in the balance. As for the ones that do not, players who played the Cup last year will recall that these ties can swing dramatically the other way, so I wouldn't bet on anyone having secured the result just yet.

As you can see, the highest score for Raw went to beakerjoe; the majority of his points came from his captain Braun Strowman, plus wins for Bayley and his Lower Tier pick Darren Young. The second highest score went to daithi1989 who got most of his points via wins from Kevin Owens, Nia Jax and Sami Zayn.

The average score for Raw was 11 points.

And now let's see how the Raw scores have left our league table...

Gameweek 4 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Bounty Hunter...............................................................98 points

2. paulie21.......................................................................92 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................91 points

= DM_7...........................................................................91 points

4. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................86 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy...................................................................83 points

6. beakerjoe.....................................................................80 points

7. LeeJM..........................................................................77 points

8. daithi1989....................................................................72 points

9. Kankan14.....................................................................61 points

= WinnyThePoo.................................................................61 points

10. Gaw_.........................................................................45 points

League Fallout

The man at the top remains Bounty Hunter who extends his lead at the top to 6 points.

Elsewhere, the big score from beakerjoe sees him climb ahead of LeeJM, whilst other movement sees A Brad Maddox Guy joining DM_7 in third place.

Raw results

Chris Jericho defeated Neville.

Nia Jax defeated Hyan.

Sami Zayn defeated Jinder Mahal.

Bayley, Kofi and Big E defeated Dana Brooke, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.

Sheamus defeated Cesaro.

Braun Strowman defeated Americo.

Darren Young defeated Titus O'Neil.

Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Big Cass to win the Universal Title.

220px-Kevin_Owens_in_April_2016.jpg

Yes, Kevin Owens is now the man on top of the mountain but is only owned by 3 players. Will we now see a spike in transfers for him?

The most popular picks for each tier going into this week were Seth Rollins for the Main Event Tier (6), Neville for the Upper Tier (6), and Heath Slater for the Lower Tier (5).

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster and you're in.

That concludes this week's Raw update. Over now to what should be a very exciting Smackdown to find out the results of the ties and see how the show affects the league table.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown Live has wrapped up and that means we reach the end of another week. Below, you will find your scores for Smackdown, followed by the overall league table, and I will finish with the results of the first game in the Cup. Did you manage to pick up your first win? Read on for the latest news...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

DM_7......................................17 pts
    LeeJM.....................................14 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.......................13 pts
    paulie21..................................12 pts
    WinnyThePoo.............................8 pts
    daithi1989.................................7 pts
    Gaw_.......................................7 pts
    Kankan14..................................6 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...............................5 pts
    beakerjoe.................................4 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy....................1 pt
    Bounty Hunter...........................1 pt

Smackdown Fallout

It is DM_7 who lands the biggest score for Smackdown via wins for his captain Zack Ryder and AJ Styles, as well as an appearance point for Becky Lynch.

LeeJM got the second highest score thanks to wins from his captain AJ Styles, plus Heath Slater.

The average score for Smackdown was 8 points.

And this is where it leaves our league table at the end of Week 4...

Gameweek 4 Standings

1. DM_7..........................................................................108 points

2. paulie21......................................................................104 points

3. Bounty Hunter................................................................99 points

= Cheese Wagstaff.............................................................99 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy.........................................................92 points

5. LeeJM...........................................................................91 points

6. Mr.Nice Guy....................................................................88 points

7. beakerjoe......................................................................84 points

8. daithi1989.....................................................................79 points

9. WinnyThePoo.................................................................69 points

10. Kankan14....................................................................67 points

11. Gaw_.........................................................................52 points

League Fallout

There's plenty of noteworthy developments following Smackdown, but in particular DM_7 charging his way to the top following his great Smackdown score. Both he and paulie21 are the first players to break the century mark in the game.

Other movement sees last year's champ Cheese Wagstaff rise to joint third, whilst LeeJM also climbs after his impressive Smackdown score.

Meanwhile in the Deletion Zone, WinnyThePoo edges in front of Kankan14.

Smackdown results

Hype Bros defeated The Vaudevillains.

AJ Styles defeated Apollo Crews.

Natalya and Alexa Bliss defeated Naomi and Becky Lynch.

Heath Slater and Rhyno defeated The Headbangers.

Baron Corbin defeated Dean Ambrose via D.Q.*

*That main event result was initially described on WWE's website as a Dean Ambrose win after Smackdown ended. I found that weird as AJ clearly hit Corbin when he interfered and usually the guy that gets struck is ruled the winner via D.Q. I decided to wait until today to see if the website altered that and, sure enough, they are now recording it as a Corbin win - which I think is the right call. Just thought I'd point that out in case anyone was as confused as I was.
    190px-WWE_NXT_2015-03-27_23-22-23_ILCE-6000_3603_DxO_%2817179401440%29.jpg

Speaking of Corbin, no player has him in their line-up. Is it time to consider the big man going forward, I wonder?

Now, finally, it's time to assess how we all did in the first game of the Cup. Smackdown's scores have now been added to the Raw scores so what follows below are the final scores. How did you get on?

Gameweek #4 Cup Ties (Results)

Group A

paulie21 21 - 18 Mr.Nice Guy
    Gaw_ 14 - 25 LeeJM

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    paulie21|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Gaw_|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Gameweek #6

Gaw_ vs paulie21
    LeeJM vs Mr.Nice Guy

Gameweek #8

Mr.Nice Guy vs Gaw_
    LeeJM vs paulie21

Group B

A Brad Maddox Guy 13 - 21 daithi1989
    DM_7 26 - 15 Kankan14

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    daithi1989|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Kankan14|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Gameweek #6

DM_7 vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 vs Kankan14

Gameweek #8

Kankan14 vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 vs DM_7

Group C

WinnyThePoo 11 - 12 Bounty Hunter
    beakerjoe 26 - 24 Cheese Wagstaff

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    WinnyThePoo|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Gameweek #6

Cheese Wagstaff vs Bounty Hunter
    WinnyThePoo vs beakerjoe

Gameweek #8

Cheese Wagstaff vs WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter vs beakerjoe

Cup Fallout

In Group A, reigning Cup champ LeeJM starts off in impressive fashion and tops his group. Sitting in second is paulie21 who swung our tie around to beat me. (If only Naomi had won then I'd have taken the tie, but that's the way it goes. Congrats.)

In Group B, last year's Cup runner-up DM_7 starts off in style with a strong win, as does daithi1989.

In Group C, we have surely the tie of the round as beakerjoe and Cheese Wagstaff both produce great scores, but beakerjoe edges it to take the 3 points. In the other tie, it's a low-scoring affair but what matters is the 3 points and that goes to Bounty Hunter by the tightest of margins.

A reminder that the spots in the quarter-finals go to the top 2 in each group, plus the 2 best third-placed players.

There is still a long way to go but those who started with losses will need to get points on the board soon. The next ties will take place in two weeks.

On to Gameweek #5

Deadline

The deadline will be before the start of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

And don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster and you're in.

Good luck for the week ahead folks as we now turn all our attention back on the league. Gameweek #5 is now open for business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Would probably trade out some main eventers but there is better value to be had in predicting the lower tiers imo, so here be the new team BH

Upper Tier - Rusev Rhyno
    Upper Tier - Chad Gable Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Kofi Kingston

Lower Tier - Jey Uso

My captain: Jey Uso

Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens

Upper Tier - Sami Zayn
    Upper Tier - Neville
    Upper Tier - Cesaro Rhyno in

Lower Tier - Naomi Heath Slater in

My captain: Heath Slater

Lost faith with Naomi so I'm turning to the One Man Band bay bay.

Bray, Dean, Bayley Nikki Bella
    Jordan, Neville, Cesaro Gable (Captain)
    Mojo

Main Event Tier - Bayley (for Dolph)

Upper Tier - Gable(for Jericho)
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Slater