Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Completely fair MNG - never even went back and checked where the Usos were! Just presumed they were mid-tier! Sorry for the confusion!

Hardly gives me 3 transfers next week?! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Gaw_ wrote: »
    I feel like you should be able to change your picks up until the deadline. Otherwise, why post your picks early at all? It puts you at an inherent disadvantage. Especially with the amount of injuries recently. If you want to force people to post their picks earlier such as wed or fri, then you could give the unwavering people a couple bonus points. A precedent has now been set, and should remain in place until the next season in my opinion.

Last year it was once it's done it's done. If people can edit their transfers right up til the deadline then it risks the thread becoming messy and increases the workload for MNG. There's no need to make early transfers so if someone wants to take that chance it should be on them imo. Hence why I wait til the final day, something that I've been stung by already as I didn't know the Summerslam pre show started early. But that was my fault for not checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Note - I will have to update the rules on transfers at the end of the gameweek and so I want to know if players would prefer to be able to edit their transfers right up to the deadline, or would you prefer that once your transfers have been posted, there can be no changes?

Do you have thoughts on the subject? If so, let me know as I will have to make a decision on Wednesday. I will look to go with the majority view. (Thanks for the feedback already received)

Back to business...

220px-Backlash_2016_Poster.jpg

Backlash is in the record books which means we are a 1/3 of the way through this gameweek, so it's time to see what effect the show has had on the Fantasy Cup ties, as well as the overall league standings. Read on for the latest news...

*Note - Backlash spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of the PPV.*

PW Fantasy Cup (Latest Scores)

Group A

Gaw_ 17 - 22 paulie21
    LeeJM 16 - 23 Mr.Nice Guy

Group B

DM_7 27 - 18 A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 25 - 24 Kankan14

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff 23 - 25 Bounty Hunter
    WinnyThePoo 9 - 18 beakerjoe

Fantasy Cup Fallout

This week we had an optional Backlash Bonus available to players in which if you correctly guessed the result of the women's title match you would gain 5 points, and if you lost you would lose 5 points. Five players correctly guessed Becky Lynch would win the match, whilst four players were incorrect. The above scores you see take this into account.

Looking at the latest Cup scores, a few players look to be almost over the line already on the back of strong performances. Other ties though look to be right on a knife-edge with a point or two between them. Of course there's two shows still to play for so anything could happen. (You can remind yourself of what the group tables look like in this post here.)

As you can see above, DM_7 got the highest score for Backlash, with wins for his captain Jimmy Uso, AJ Styles, Becky Lynch, plus securing the bonus points, all contributing to his score.

Second highest scores were shared by daithi1989 - who ended up doing well with Heath Slater as captain as it turns out - and Bounty Hunter, with Bounty Hunter's decision not to play for the bonus working out well for him.

The average score for Backlash was 21 points.

Now let us see what those scores mean for our league table...

Gameweek 6 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. DM_7...........................................................................157 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................156 points

3. paulie21.......................................................................148 points

4. Bounty Hunter...............................................................140 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................133 points

6. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................130 points

7. beakerjoe.....................................................................128 points

8. daithi1989.....................................................................124 points

9. LeeJM..........................................................................120 points

10. Kankan14....................................................................116 points

11. WinnyThePoo.................................................................94 points

12. Gaw_...........................................................................86 points

League Fallout

A lot of interesting fallout from Backlash as the exciting battle at the top continue with DM_7 wrestling back control over Cheese Wagstaff, but by the slimmest of margins.

In other movement, I have climbed up to fifth place, while daithi1989 also climbs and moves clear of the Deletion Zone.

Also noteworthy is Gaw_, our newest player, now only 8 points behind WinnyThePoo; it would be an impressive feat if he could move off the bottom spot.

Backlash results

Baron Corbin defeated Apollo Crews.

Becky Lynch defeated Carmella, Natalya, Nikki Bella, Alexa Bliss and Naomi to become the Smackdown Women's Champion.

The Usos defeated The Hype Bros.

The Miz defeated Dolph Ziggler.

Kane defeated Bray Wyatt.

Heath Slater and Rhyno defeated The Usos to become the Smackdown Tag Team Champions.

AJ Styles defeated Dean Ambrose to become the WWE Champion.

220px-Kane_WrestleMania_32_Axxess.jpg

It's a big win for the Big Red Machine. No player has him at present. Is he someone to consider going forward?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That concludes the Backlash update. Up next, Raw...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I'd would be generally in favour of once you post your transfers are done unless a unique situation pops up such as an injury or suspension

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Happy to go with MNG's view that teams are final once posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Ya it works fine as is.
    If your not sure of your transfers or worried you will change your mind. Then take note somewhere and don't post them til sundays.

Would be of same thinking - once in thats it!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd also agree that if there is an injury or suspension before the gameweek starts then you can make an edit but other than that if people wanna make it that teams are final once posted then why not!

250px-WWE_Raw_2016_logo.png

Raw has wrapped up for another week and that means it's time to check out how things stand before we come to the final show, Smackdown. I'll begin with the scores from Raw, then show what effect they have had on the Cup ties, before revealing the overall league standings. Read on for the latest...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

Mr.Nice Guy...............................10 pts
    daithi1989..................................9 pts
    DM_7........................................9 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy......................7 pts
    Kankan14...................................7 pts
    paulie21.....................................6 pts
    Bounty Hunter.............................5 pts
    beakerjoe...................................1 pt
    Cheese Wagstaff..........................1 pt
    Gaw_.........................................0 pts
    LeeJM........................................0 pts
    WinnyThePoo...............................0 pts

Raw Fallout

I am the one with the highest score for Raw this week, thanks to wins from Cesaro and Kevin Owens, plus an appearance point for Reigns.

The second highest scores were shared by daithi1989 and DM_7, with Cesaro and Owens again responsible for the points.

This was a very tough show to score points in and the average was just 5 points.

And now taking the above scores into account, let's check out the latest scores from the Cup ties...

PW Fantasy Cup (Latest Scores)

Group A

Gaw_ 17 - 28 paulie21
    LeeJM 16 - 33 Mr.Nice Guy

Group B

DM_7 36 - 25 A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 34 - 31 Kankan14

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff 24 - 30 Bounty Hunter
    WinnyThePoo 9 - 19 beakerjoe

Fantasy Cup Fallout

The tie between daithi1989 and Kankan14 is looking like the tie of the round. Very little in this one at the moment.

11 of the 12 players have a Smackdown performer as their captaincy choice so there could be some dramatic twists when it's all said and done.

I have a good lead over LeeJM at the moment but I'm 0-4 in Cup games, including last year's game, so while I'm hoping I'm about to end that losing streak finally, I've seen big swings in the final shows to know that nothing is guaranteed.

To remind yourself what the groups look like, see here.

Lastly, let us see what the Raw scores have meant for our league table...

Gameweek 6 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7...........................................................................166 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................157 points

3. paulie21.......................................................................154 points

4. Bounty Hunter...............................................................145 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................143 points

6. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................137 points

7. daithi1989.....................................................................133 points

8. beakerjoe.....................................................................129 points

9. Kankan14......................................................................123 points

10. LeeJM.........................................................................120 points

11. WinnyThePoo.................................................................94 points

12. Gaw_...........................................................................86 points

League Fallout

DM_7 has extended his lead at the top following his strong score from Raw.

As far as the movers are concerned, daithi1989 continues to climb and he now moves into seventh position. Kankan14 also advances and takes 9th place.

Raw results

Sasha Banks defeated Bayley and Dana Brooke.

Bo Dallas defeated Brandon Scott.

Cesaro defeated Sheamus.

Alicia Fox vs Nia Jax ended in a No Contest.

Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson defeated Xavier Woods and Kofi.

Jinder Mahal defeated Jack Swagger.

Epico defeated Enzo Amore.

Kevin Owens defeated Roman Reigns.

220px-Mahal2014.jpg

This was an encouraging show as far as Lower Tier options were concerned with Jinder Mahal, Bo Dallas and Epico all picking up wins. It means there's a good deal of value there at the moment (not sure it will last though). Will you be looking to bring one of these guys into your line-ups?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Raw update. Now on to Smackdown which should be very exciting as we find out where we stand in the league at the end of the week, plus we learn the results of the Cup ties.

*****Rules Notice*****

We've been discussing the rules about transfers and specifically whether or not once a team has been posted to the thread, players should be allowed to edit their transfers.

From now on, once a team has been posted that team will be final and NO EDITS will be allowed - HOWEVER, if there is an exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are given a suspension, then you will have the option of editing a transfer. (Note - these must be legit injuries or suspensions and not storyline ones).

Now back to business...

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown Live is done and dusted, and so too is week 6 in our game. Below I have laid out the scores for the show, what they mean for the league table, and finally the results of the Cup ties and what they mean for each group. Read on for more...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

Bounty Hunter............................22 pts
    Gaw_.......................................18 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy....................14 pts
    beakerjoe.................................14 pts
    LeeJM......................................14 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff........................13 pts
    daithi1989................................13 pts
    DM_7......................................13 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy..............................13 pts
    paulie21..................................13 pts
    WinnyThePoo............................11 pts
    Kankan14..................................9 pts

Smackdown Fallout

Bounty Hunter gets the highest score for Smackdown via wins from his captain Jey Uso, Dean Ambrose and Rhyno, plus an appearance point from Miz.

The second highest score goes to Gaw_, thanks to wins from his captain Jimmy Uso, Dean Ambrose, plus appearance points from Nikki Bella and Miz.

The average for Smackdown this week was 14 points.

And this is where it leaves the league table at the end of the week...

Gameweek 6 Standings

1. DM_7...........................................................................179 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................170 points

3. Bounty Hunter...............................................................167 points

= paulie21.......................................................................167 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................156 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................151 points

6. daithi1989.....................................................................146 points

7. beakerjoe.....................................................................143 points

8. LeeJM..........................................................................134 points

9. Kankan14.....................................................................132 points

10. WinnyThePoo...............................................................105 points

11. Gaw_..........................................................................104 points

League Fallout

There is no change at the top as DM_7 sees out the week with a 9 point lead over nearest rival Cheese Wagstaff. There is movement just below though with Bounty Hunter now joining paulie21 in third place following his impressive Smackdown score.

Other movement sees LeeJM edge back in front of Kankan14.

A developing story is our newest player Gaw_ continuing his strong form and he is now just a point away from moving off the bottom of the ladder.

Smackdown results

The Usos defeated The Hype Bros.

Alexa Bliss defeated Nikki Bella, Naomi, Carmella and Natalya to become the number one contender for the Smackdown Women's Title.

Heath Slater and Rhyno defeated The Ascension.

John Cena and Dean Ambrose defeated AJ Styles and The Miz.

170px-John_Cena_2010.jpg

John Cena made his big - and successful - return to Smackdown, and with no players currently having him right now, will you be transferring him in for next week?

Now, finally, it is time to assess how everyone did in the Fantasy Cup as we check out the results of the matches. Below are the final scores. Did you get the result you needed?

Gameweek #6 Cup Ties (Results)

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

Group A

Gaw_ 35 - 41 paulie21
    LeeJM 30 - 46 Mr.Nice Guy

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    paulie21|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Gaw_|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Gameweek #8

Mr.Nice Guy vs Gaw_
    LeeJM vs paulie21

Group B

DM_7 49 - 39 A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 47 - 40 Kankan14

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    daithi1989|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Kankan14|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Gameweek #8

Kankan14 vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 vs DM_7

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff 37 - 52 Bounty Hunter
    WinnyThePoo 20 - 33 beakerjoe

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    WinnyThePoo|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Gameweek #8

Cheese Wagstaff vs WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter vs beakerjoe

Fantasy Cup Fallout

In Group A, congratulations are due for paulie21 who secures his place in the quarter-finals. While he could still finish third in the group, since the top two third-placed players advance, his 6 points would be comfortably enough to move on. Others in the group will still have to sweat over the final game to see whether they go through. On a personal note, I'm delighted my winless streak in the Cup thankfully came to an end!

In Group B, DM_7 and daithi1989 have secured their places in the quarter-finals by picking up wins, so congrats to them. The top two advance automatically and they will take those places. It means Kankan14 and A Brad Maddox Guy's hopes lie in being one of the best third-placed teams and both those guys will be needing a win to have any hope. That should be a great tie in Week 8 when those two clash.

In Group C, congrats are in order for Bounty Hunter and beakerjoe, who have secured the automatic spots. It means Cheese Wagstaff, while second in the league, could be facing an early exit and he will face WinnyThePoo in two weeks with both relying on the third-place route. That tie will be one to watch.

Speaking of the third-place teams, here is how things stand in that regard - remember the top two third-place teams take the final spots in the last 8:

Third-Place Table|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Kankan14|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

So as things stand currently, LeeJM and Cheese Wagstaff would take the final spots; but that could all change dramatically after the final group game.

So to review, the players already through are: paulie21, DM_7, daithi1989, Bounty Hunter and beakerjoe.

A reminder that the quarter-finals will be seeded - each group winner and the best group runner-up shall be named the top four seeds, so even for the lads already through there is still plenty on the line in the last game.

The final ties will take place in a fortnight. It should be exciting.

On to Gameweek #7

Deadline

The deadline will be before the start of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

Good luck for the week ahead folks as our attention returns solely to the league. Gameweek #7 is now open for business.

• Advertisement

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Sami Zayn
    Upper Tier - Neville Alexa Bliss in
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso Jack Swagger in

My captain: Jack Swagger

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Main Event Tier - Randy Orton Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose John Cena
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - Rhyno
    Upper Tier - Cesaro
    Upper Tier - The Miz

Lower Tier - Jey Uso

My captain: Jey Uso

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Only one change for me.

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Aj Styles
    Main Event Tier - Bayley

Upper Tier -The Miz out for jericho
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Slater

Captain Cesaro

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Main Event Tier:

AJ Styles
    Roman Reigns
    Bray Wyatt Kevin Owens

Upper Tier:

Cesaro
    The Miz
    Rhyno

Lower Tier:

Heath Slater Jack Swagger

Captain: Cesaro

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins
    Main Event Tier – Bayley out – Kevin Owens In

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - The Miz Out - Cesaro In

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso

My captain: Cesaro

Sasha for Becky
    Swagger for Heath

Cesaro Captain

Sasha AJ Owens
    Cass Cesaro Sami
    Swagger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella aka Nikisawa
    Main Event Tier - Dean Ambrose Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Chris Jericho

Lower Tier - Heath Slater Jack Swagger

My captain : Braun Strowman

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Chad Gable OUT Karl Anderson IN

Main Event
    Roman Reigns
    AJ Styles
    Nia Jax

Upper Tier
    Cesaro
    The Miz
    Karl Anderson

Lower Tier
    Jey Uso

Captain - Jey Uso

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Chris Jericho
    In: Miz

Out: Becky Lynch
    In: Roman Reigns

AJ Styles
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns

Cesaro
    Miz
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Captain: Jimmy Uso

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

I sincerely hope there is a thorough roster update for next week, tons of changes.

Jason Jordan out for Cesaro
    Bray Wyatt out for Seth Rollins

Dean Ambrose, Nikki Bella, Seth Rollins
    Cesaro, Neville, The Miz
    Jimmy Uso

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Chad Gable out, Cesaro in.
    Jimmy Uso out, Jack Swagger in.

The All-American American will be captain this week.

Seth Rollins
    AJ Styles
    Bayley

Braun Strowman
    Cesaro
    Jason Jordan

Jack Swagger - (Captain)

Gaw_ wrote: »
    I sincerely hope there is a thorough roster update for next week, tons of changes.

Jason Jordan out for Cesaro
    Bray Wyatt out for Seth Rollins

Dean Ambrose, Nikki Bella, Seth Rollins
    Cesaro, Chris Jericho, The Miz
    Jimmy Uso

I will look to do a roster update next week.

I have an issue with this team though which is Chris Jericho being there. Your team last week, which is here, has your Upper Tier picks being Neville, Jordan and Miz.

So with Rolins coming in for Bray Wyatt, and Cesaro coming in for Jordan, that means the Upper Tier picks for your squad will be Cesaro, Neville, and The Miz. I believe this is accurate.

Here are the most popular choices going into the seventh week...

Popular Trends - GW 7

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. AJ Styles 9

2. Kevin Owens 6

= Seth Rollins 6

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. Cesaro 10

2. The Miz 6

3. Braun Strowman 4

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jack Swagger 5

2. Jimmy Uso 3

3. Heath Slater 2

= Jey Uso 2

AJ Styles remains the most popular Main Event Tier pick, but Kevin Owens' rising popularity sees him go joint second with Seth Rollins.

Cesaro's popularity has skyrocketed amongst the Upper Tier picks and he's also the most popular captaincy choice this week, while Jack Swagger has raced to the top of the Lower Tier picks with much expected from Smackdown's newest addition.

Good luck for the week ahead.

So with Rolins coming in for Bray Wyatt, and Cesaro coming in for Jordan, that means the Upper Tier picks for your squad will be Cesaro, Neville, and The Miz. I believe this is accurate.

Yes that's correct, sorry for the headache. I was changing my mind constantly until I posted it.

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

Raw has wrapped up for another week and that means it's time to assess the latest scores and see what they mean for our league table.

Read on for all the latest news...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

daithi1989.................................22 pts
    beakerjoe.................................18 pts
    Kankan14..................................17 pts
    DM_7.......................................15 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...............................15 pts
    paulie21...................................15 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff........................12 pts
    LeeJM......................................12 pts
    Gaw_.......................................11 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy....................10 pts
    Bounty Hunter.............................7 pts
    WinnyThePoo..............................3 pts

Raw Fallout

The highest score for Raw this week goes to daithi1989, with all of his Upper Tier guys picking up wins: Sami Zayn, Big Cass, and his captain Cesaro, plus appearance points for Kevin Owens and Sasha Banks.

The second highest score went to beakerjoe, with most of his score due to Braun Strowman and his captain Cesaro.

The average score for Raw this week was 13 points.

And now let's see how the scores have affected our league table...

Gameweek 7 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. DM_7...........................................................................194 points

2. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................182 points

= paulie21.......................................................................182 points

3. Bounty Hunter...............................................................174 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................171 points

5. daithi1989....................................................................168 points

6. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................161 points

= beakerjoe.....................................................................161 points

7. Kankan14.....................................................................149 points

8. LeeJM..........................................................................146 points

9. Gaw_..........................................................................115 points

10. WinnyThePoo...............................................................108 points

League Fallout

There's plenty of news at the start of our seventh week; it's DM_7 who remains at the top, extending his lead to twelve points. Just below, paulie21 has climbed to joint second place.

Other movement sees daithi1989 climb a place on the back of his great Raw score, with Kankan14 also climbing one, and beakerjoe rising to go level with A Brad Maddox Guy.

In the Deletion Zone we have one of the most impressive feats of the game so far as Gaw_, who joined late to the party, nonetheless is able to climb off the foot of the table. Can he continue to rise?

Raw results

Seth Rollins vs Rusev ended in a double count-out.

Braun Strowman defeated Sin Cara.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke defeated Sasha Banks and Bayley.

Bo Dallas defeated Gary Graham.

Cesaro defeated Sheamus.

Big E, Kofi, Sami Zayn, Enzo and Big Cass defeated The Shining Stars, Luke Gallows, Karl Anderson and Chris Jericho.

Brian Kendrick defeated Gran Metalik, Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann.

Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens.

220px-Rich_Swann_Jan_2014.jpg

I'll be updating the roster when this week ends to include Cruiserweights like Rich Swann and others. They will likely go into the Upper Tier section. Have you seen enough from their debut to jump on that bandwagon?

Want to join in?

That concludes the Raw update. On to Smackdown to see what it has in store for us.

I will have the Smackdown update posted in a little bit but before that it's time to update the rosters and DELETE inactive members.

IN

260px-WWE_Cruiserweight_Championship.png

The following Cruiserweights are listed on WWE's roster page on Wikipedia as being signed to the Raw brand. They are all going to be joining the Upper Tier.

Akira Tozawa

Brian Kendrick

Cedric Alexander

Gran Metalik

Jack Gallagher

Johnny Gargano

Lince Dorado

Noam Dar

Rich Swann

TJ Perkins

Tommaso Ciampa

Will any of these names soon be appearing in your line-up?

220px-Curt_Hawkins.jpg
    Curt Hawkins

Also added to the roster will be Smackdown's newest addition, Curt Hawkins, and he will be available for selection in the Lower Tier section.

The following roster member has been DELETED...

OUT

220px-Alberto_Del_Rio_WrestleMania_32_Axxess.jpg

Farewell, Alberto Del Rio. He was quite useful at times last year but this year, not so much.

250px-Team3D.jpg

It's back to Dudleyville for Bubba Ray and D-Von.

And it means the updated roster now looks like so:

The Roster

Main Event Tier (Pick 3)

Men

AJ Styles
    Bray Wyatt
    Dean Ambrose
    Dolph Ziggler
    John Cena
    Kevin Owens
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Seth Rollins

Women

Bayley
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte
    Eva Marie
    Natalya
    Nia Jax
    Nikki Bella
    Sasha Banks

Upper Tier (Pick 3)

Men

Akira Tozawa
    Apollo Crews
    Baron Corbin
    Big Cass
    Big E
    Big Show
    Braun Strowman
    Brian Kendrick
    Cedric Alexander
    Cesaro
    Chad Gable
    Chris Jericho
    Enzo Amore
    Erick Rowan
    Gran Metalik
    Jack Gallagher
    Jason Jordan
    Johnny Gargano
    Kalisto
    Kane
    Karl Anderson
    Kofi Kingston
    Lince Dorado
    Luke Gallows
    Neville
    Noam Dar
    Rich Swann
    Rhyno
    Rusev
    Sami Zayn
    Sheamus
    The Miz
    TJ Perkins
    Tommaso Ciampa
    Xavier Woods

Women

Alexa Bliss
    Carmella
    Dana Brooke
    Paige

Lower Tier (Pick 1)

Men

Aiden English
    Bo Dallas
    Curt Hawkins
    Curtis Axel
    Darren Young
    Epico
    Fandango
    Goldust
    Heath Slater
    Jack Swagger
    Jey Uso
    Jimmy Uso
    Jinder Mahal
    Konnor
    Mark Henry
    Mojo Rawley
    Primo
    R-Truth
    Simon Gotch
    Titus O’Neil
    Tyler Breeze
    Viktor
    Zack Ryder

Women

Summer Rae
    Alicia Fox
    Naomi

Note - Part-timers like Brock Lesnar and Triple H have not been included. New names may be added to the list if and when they debut. i.e. Nakamura, Samoa Joe etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

fyi MNG, you have Ciampa in the lower tier, i imagine he should be in the upper tier, no?

Also may i throw an idea out there? How would having 2 lower tiers each? could spice it up a little. I always have trouble deciding only 1

The Dudley Boyz are also gone.

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown is finito and that means we reach the end of our seventh week. It also means we look ahead to a really bumper week as we prepare for yet another PPV, Clash of Champions - I'll have info on the PPV bonus below - plus we have the final group matches in our Fantasy Cup to look forward to. Read on for all the latest...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

Gaw_.......................................19 pts
    Bounty Hunter............................18 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.....................17 pts
    DM_7........................................17 pts
    LeeJM........................................9 pts
    WinnyThePoo...............................9 pts
    beakerjoe...................................6 pts
    paulie21.....................................5 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff..........................1 pt
    daithi1989..................................0 pts
    Kankan14...................................0 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy................................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

This was a pretty mad show for points, with scores ranging from the sublime to the ridiculous. Highest score for the show went to Gaw_ with every Smackdown member of his roster picking up wins: Dean Ambrose, Nikki Bella, The Miz and Jey Uso.

The second highest score went to Bounty Hunter, thanks to wins from his captain Jey Uso and The Miz, plus an appearance point for John Cena.

The average score for Smackdown was 8 points.

And this is what it means for our league table at the end of the week...

Gameweek 7 Standings

1. DM_7...........................................................................211 points

2. Bounty Hunter...............................................................192 points

3. paulie21.......................................................................187 points

4. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................183 points

5. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................178 points

6. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................171 points

7. daithi1989....................................................................168 points

8. beakerjoe.....................................................................167 points

9. LeeJM..........................................................................155 points

10. Kankan14....................................................................149 points

11. Gaw_..........................................................................134 points

12. WinnyThePoo...............................................................117 points

League Fallout

We finish out the week with our leader DM_7 extending his lead at the top which now stands at 19 points.

As far as climbers go, Bounty Hunter has moved up to second place on the back of his Smackdown score. Also A Brad Maddox Guy has taken hold of fifth place, while LeeJM also leapfrogs a player. The impressive form of Gaw_ sees him breathing down the necks of those above.

Smackdown Live results

The Usos defeated American Alpha.

Baron Corbin defeated Apollo Crews.

The Miz defeated Dolph Ziggler.

Randy Orton defeated Erick Rowan.

Nikki Bella and Naomi defeated Natalya and Carmella via D.Q.

Dean Ambrose defeated John Cena.

170px-Randy_Orton_WrestleMania_31.jpg

No players have Randy Orton at the moment. Now that he's been cleared to wrestle following his concussion, will he be back on your radar?

On to Gameweek #8 (Cup and PPV Week)

220px-1928_Sam_Maguire_cup%2C_GAA_museum.jpg

It's time for the final games in the Fantasy Cup group stages. The following five players have secured their passage to the quarter-finals: paulie21, DM_7, daithi1989, Bounty Hunter and beakerjoe. Even for these lads there is something to play for since the top three group winners and best runner-up will be seeded in the next round. Who will be the top seeds?

For everyone else, the importance is obvious. Only three spots remain in the last eight, and we will know after the end of this round the four players definitely eliminated. Who will face an early exit?

For a reminder of how the groups look currently, see here.

Here are the Cup fixtures for the week ahead...

Gameweek #8 Cup Ties

Group A

Mr.Nice Guy vs Gaw_
    LeeJM vs paulie21

Group B

Kankan14 vs A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 vs DM_7

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff vs WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter vs beakerjoe

With three shows to play for this week, this week should be great fun. I'm excited to see how it pans out. Speaking of the PPV...

*****Clash of Champions Bonus Pts*****

220px-WWE_Clash_of_Champions_2016_Poster.jpg

Like last year's Night of Champions PPV, the big selling point for Clash of Champions is that every title is on the line; so our bonus for the PPV will involve the titles too.

Here is the challenge: predict the number of title changes and the number of titles retained on the PPV.

If you are correct, you will gain 5 points.
    e.g. 2 title changes ; 3 titles retained

(Note - You must call it exactly right. There will be no points given for getting close.)

Here are the title matches currently set for Clash of Champions:
    Clash of Champions Title Matches

Kevin Owens (c) vs Seth Rollins (WWE Universal Title)

The New Day (c) vs Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (Raw Tag Titles)

Charlotte (c) vs Sasha Banks vs Bayley (Raw Women's Title)

Rusev (c) vs Roman Reigns (US Title)

TJ Perkins (c) vs Brian Kendrick (Cruiserweight Title)

So your line-up for the week ahead should look a bit like this:
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X

UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X

LOWER TIER - X

Your captain: X

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS BONUS PTS: ___ Title Changes ; ___ Titles Retained

I hope that's straightforward.

(Note - you won't lose points if your prediction is wrong, so it's worth your while going for it since the bonus points could prove handy.)

Deadline

As it's a PPV week, the deadline will be before the first pre-show match of Clash of Champions on Sunday, September 25th.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

Good luck for this massive week ahead. Gameweek #8 is now open for business.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Also may i throw an idea out there? How would having 2 lower tiers each? could spice it up a little. I always have trouble deciding only 1

I'll keep it at 1 lower tier pick for the week ahead but after that I've no problem boosting it to 2 picks.

What do others think?

Advertisement