Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PW Boards Fantasy League Tournament 2016 - Join Now!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'll keep it at 1 lower tier pick for the week ahead but after that I've no problem boosting it to 2 picks.

What do others think?

First off the post above shows how much work you put into this so fair play to you and thanks man.

On the quoted point I'm all good either way. I have thought i'd like more lower tier picks but maybe Joe highlighting that he always has trouble picking his could actually be a positive and makes it more challenging to pick up points. This was highlighted this week as a lot of people dropped people to get Swagger who only did commentary.

Either way i'd be happy to go with whatever even if it means more points available for people and thus it being easier to catch the leaders. That said even though im currently (only just after SD) 2nd DM has really been flying up top so far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I dont necessarily disagree with BK but I would be all for leaving it at one selection.

To me its part of the challenge in finding the right one out of all the options. For example in fantasy football you have two goalkeepers both are potential point scorers but you can only choose one and live with that choice.

Basically its just fun trying to find the right balance as is.

Edit: to echo what BH said you are doing trojan work as is (I'm sure its very time consuming?) and dont need more of a workload.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Wow, Kankan and BH... You have made me doubt my own idea. Im actually all for staying at 1 lower pick now after reading your input.

Wrestling, its a funny ol game.

Beakerjoes team : changes

Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins out - Charlotte in
    Main Event Tier – Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - AJ Styles

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Jimmy Uso out - Jack Swagger in

My captain: Jack Swagger

1 title change - 4 retained

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

MAIN EVENT TIER - AJ Styles Nia Jax
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Kevin Owens
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Roman Reigns

UPPER TIER - The Miz
    UPPER TIER - Cesaro
    UPPER TIER - Rhyno TJ Perkins

LOWER TIER - Jack Swagger

Your captain: Nia Jax

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS BONUS PTS: 2 Title Changes ; 3 Titles Retained

• Advertisement

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens in for Aj Styles
    Main Event Tier - Nia Jax in for Bayley

Upper Tier -Jericho
    Upper Tier - Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Slater

Captain- Nia Jax

I predict two changes and three remain the same in title matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Transfers this week

TJ Perkins for Big Cass
    Bo Dallas for Swagger

Leaves me with
    Owens Sasha AJ
    Cesaro Sami Perkins
    Bo

Captain: Was going to Bo-lieve in Bo, but as he has no PPV match, I'll go wit TJ Perkins

Bonus: 2 Change, 3 Retained

Also think the rules shouldn't change!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

MAIN EVENT TIER - Seth Rollins replaced by Kevin Owens
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Nikki Bella
    MAIN EVENT TIER - Dean Ambrose

UPPER TIER - Apollo Crews
    UPPER TIER - Neville replaced by TJ Perkins
    UPPER TIER - Rusev

LOWER TIER
    - Heath Slater

Your captain: Seth Rollins replaced by Kevin Owens as captain

NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS BONUS PTS: 3 Title Changes ; 2 Titles Retained

My team this week

Main Event Tier - Kevin Owens
    Main Event Tier - John Cena Nia Jax
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - Rhyno TJ Perkins
    Upper Tier - Cesaro
    Upper Tier - The Miz

Lower Tier - Jey Uso

My captain: TJP

and with regards the... NIGHT OF CHAMPIONS BONUS PTS: 1 Title Change ; 4 Titles Retained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Main Event Tier - Nikki Bella aka Nikisawa Nia Jax
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins

Upper Tier - Braun Strowman TJ Perkins
    Upper Tier - The Miz
    Upper Tier - Chris Jericho

Lower Tier - Jack Swagger

My captain : TJ Perkins

Clash of Champions Bonus : 2 Title Changes, 3 Titles Retained

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Out: Neville for TJ Perkins
    Out: Seth Rollins for Kevin Owens

Main
    Dean Ambrose, Kevin Owens, Nikki Bella

Upper
    Cesaro, The Miz, TJ Perkins

Lower
    Jimmy Uso

Captain
    TJ Perkins

Bonus
    2 Title Changes, 3 retained

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns Nia Jax in

Upper Tier - Sami Zayn
    Upper Tier - Alexa Bliss TJ Perkins in
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Jack Swagger

My captain: Cesaro

Clash Bonus: 1 Title Change, 4 Titles Retained.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,320 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Out: Cesaro
    In: TJ Perkins

Out: Miz
    In: Karl Anderson

AJ Styles
    Kevin Owens
    Roman Reigns

TJ Perkins
    Karl Anderson
    Braun Strowman

Jimmy Uso

Captain: Jimmy Uso

Bonus: Two changes, 3 retains

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Bayley out, Kevin Owens in.
    Cesaro out, Sheamus in.

Swagger will remain captain again, hopefully he'll make a proper appearance this week.

Seth Rollins
    AJ Styles
    Kevin Owens

Sheamus
    Jason Jordan
    Braun Strowman

Jack Swagger - (Captain)

Bonus: 2 changes, 3 retained.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

The Miz OUT TJ Perkins IN
    Jey Uso OUT Bo Dallas IN

Main Event
    Roman Reigns
    AJ Styles
    Nia Jax

Upper Tier
    Cesaro
    TJ Perkins
    Karl Anderson

Lower Tier
    Bo Dallas

Captain - Karl Anderson

Bonus: 1 change, 4 retained.

Popular Trends - GW 8

Most popular Main Event Tier picks

1. Kevin Owens 10

2. AJ Styles 7

3. Nia Jax 6

Most popular Upper Tier picks

1. TJ Perkins 9

2. Cesaro 8

2. The Miz 4

Most popular Lower Tier picks

1. Jack Swagger 5

2. Bo Dallas /Jimmy Uso / Heath Slater 2

Kevin Owens shoots to the top of the most popular Main Eventers, with Nia Jax also seeing a big growth in ownership. Interestingly Cesaro is now displaced at the top of the most popular Upper Tier picks by the debuting TJ Perkins. In the Lower Tier section, players have kept faith with Jack Swagger whose ownership number remains the same.

As regards the Clash bonus, seven players believe there will be 2 title changes, and 3 titles retained; four players believe there will be 1 title change and 4 titles retained; with the remaining prediction being 3 title changes and 2 titles retained.

It should be a fun few days as we see what happens. Good luck for the week ahead.

220px-WWE_Clash_of_Champions_2016_Poster.jpg

Clash of Champions has concluded and that means we are 1/3 of the way through the gameweek. This is a big week with all 8 places in the quarter-finals of the Cup to be confirmed, plus we discover the latest ups and downs in our league table. Read on for all the latest...

*Note - Clash of Champions spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of the PPV.*

PW Fantasy Cup (Latest Scores)

Group A

Mr.Nice Guy 21 - 15 Gaw_
    LeeJM 20 - 22 paulie21

Group B

Kankan14 23 - 21 A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 17 - 14 DM_7

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff 6 - 14 WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter 25 - 15 beakerjoe

Fantasy Cup Fallout

This week we had a Clash of Champions bonus where if you predicted the correct number of titles changed and retained you would pick up an extra 5 points. Four players correctly predicted that there would be 1 title change, and 4 titles retained. These players were: A Brad Maddox Guy, beakerjoe, Bounty Hunter and myself. Those bonus points have been added above.

Looking at the ties so far, they seem to be very much in the balance. The ties between Kankan14 vs A Brad Maddox Guy, and Cheese Wagstaff vs WinnyThePoo will be fascinating since the player that loses those ties will be eliminated. To see what the latest group tables look like, see here.

As you can see, Bounty Hunter got the highest score at the PPV; wins for his captain TJ Perkins, Kevin Owens, Nia Jax and getting the Clash bonus right brought home most of his points. Kankan14 got the second highest score; most of his points were thanks to wins from Roman Reigns, Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho and his captain Nia Jax.

The average score for Clash of Champions was 18 points.

Now let's see what it all means for our league table...

Gameweek 8 Standings (Post-PPV)

1. DM_7...........................................................................225 points

2. Bounty Hunter...............................................................217 points

3. paulie21.......................................................................209 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................199 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................192 points

6. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................189 points

7. daithi1989....................................................................185 points

8. beakerjoe.....................................................................182 points

9. LeeJM..........................................................................175 points

10. Kankan14....................................................................172 points

11. Gaw_..........................................................................149 points

12. WinnyThePoo...............................................................131 points

League Fallout

DM_7 remains on top of the table but the leading margin has been reduced to 8 points. A Brad Maddox Guy has moved up to fourth place while I have also moved up a spot.

Clash of Champions results

Nia Jax defeated Alicia Fox.

Big E and Kofi defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.

TJ Perkins defeated Brian Kendrick.

Cesaro vs Sheamus ended in a No Contest.

Chris Jericho defeated Sami Zayn.

Charlotte defeated Sasha Banks and Bayley.

Roman Reigns defeated Rusev.

Kevin Owens defeated Seth Rollins.

325px-The_New_Day_WrestleMania_32_Axxess.jpg

The New Day are on quite the roll yet no player has a member in their side. Is it time to consider a transfer?

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Clash of Champions update. On we go to Raw...

250px-WWE_Raw_%2825-07-2016%29_-_Logo.png

Raw has wrapped up for the week and that brings us one step closer to finding out the full line-up for the Fantasy Cup quarter-finals. As well as that we have the latest twists and turns in our league table. I'll begin first with the scores from last night's show. Read on for the latest news...

*Note - Raw spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Raw.*

Monday Night Raw scores

Bounty Hunter.............................19 pts
    daithi1989..................................19 pts
    Gaw_........................................19 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...............................19 pts
    Kankan14..................................16 pts
    LeeJM.......................................15 pts
    paulie21....................................15 pts
    WinnyThePoo.............................14 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy....................13 pts
    DM_7.......................................11 pts
    beakerjoe.................................10 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.........................9 pts

Raw Fallout

Bounty Hunter, daithi1989, Gaw_ and myself secure the highest score from Monday Night Raw. All of us got our points from the same three guys: Kevin Owens, TJ Perkins and Cesaro, with me sticking the captaincy on Cesaro and the other three players sticking it on Perkins.

The average score for Raw this week was 15 points.

Taking the above scores on board, let's now see how those Cup ties look...

PW Fantasy Cup (Latest Scores)

Group A

Mr.Nice Guy 40 - 34 Gaw_
    LeeJM 35 - 37 paulie21

Group B

Kankan14 39 - 34 A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 36 - 25 DM_7

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff 15 - 28 WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter 44 - 25 beakerjoe

Fantasy Cup Fallout

It's set up very nicely going into the final show tonight, Smackdown. In Group A there's very little in the ties. Only paulie21 is definitely through in this group.

In Group B the must-win game between Kankan14 and A Brad Maddox Guy looks to be heading Kankan14's way with A Brad Maddox Guy only having AJ Styles left in play and a gap of five points to overturn. If Styles does double duty tonight then there would still be a chance.

In Group C, the must-win game between Cheese Wagstaff and WinnyThePoo could still turn around with Cheese Wagstaff hoping his captain Jack Swagger picks up a win tonight to give him hope. Bounty Hunter looks to be in good shape for 3 points in his tie, although it would be tough for any player to deal with his form this week.

The post featuring the latest group standings can be seen here.

And last but not least, let's see how our league table looks following Raw...

Gameweek 8 Standings (Post-Raw)

1. Bounty Hunter...............................................................236 points

= DM_7...........................................................................236 points

2. paulie21.......................................................................224 points

3. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................212 points

4. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................211 points

5. daithi1989....................................................................204 points

6. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................198 points

7. beakerjoe.....................................................................192 points

8. LeeJM..........................................................................190 points

9. Kankan14....................................................................188 points

10. Gaw_.........................................................................168 points

11. WinnyThePoo...............................................................145 points

League Fallout

No doubt the big news from Raw is Bounty Hunter going joint-top of the table alongside DM_7. It's very exciting up there at the minute and the question is, will either man secure top spot for himself after Smackdown?

In other news, daithi1989 has climbed a spot following his strong score. It's quite exciting at the other end in the Deletion Zone too.

Raw results

Roman Reigns vs Rusev ended in a double count-out.

Big E and Kofi defeated Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.

Bayley defeated Anna Fields.

Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann defeated Lince Dorado and Drew Gulak.

Cesaro and Sheamus defeated Nick Cutler and Willis Williams.

TJ Perkins defeated Tony Nese.

Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho defeated Enzo and Big Cass.

220px-Sheamus_March_2015.jpg

I wonder will this tag team storyline with Cesaro see a boost in Sheamus's ownership? He currently features in just one squad.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

That's it for the Raw update. Next to Smackdown for the climax to the group stage, plus we have the latest in our compelling title race.

Damn you Karl Anderson

DM_7 wrote: »
    Damn you Karl Anderson

Uso gets victory on SD though, and you overtake me in the cup tie (I think!). They havent had a night off in awhile though; here's hoping!

• Advertisement

I intend to post more on this tomorrow in the Smackdown update but I will offer a teaser of something I've got in store for the weeks ahead.

Here's a hint which may give it away...

9ffe188d6139be6355ebd6b1ddc7c8da.jpg

250px-WWE_SmackDown_Live_2016_logo.png

Smackdown is over and so too is gameweek 8. There's a lot of news as we discover the full line-up of those who qualified for the Fantasy Cup quarter-finals, plus we check out the latest in our league table; but that's not all: I will reveal down below details on a brand spanking NEW tournament that is set to kick off next week. So then let's waste no more time and get into this, beginning with the scores from last night...

*Note - Smackdown Live spoilers below. Do not read further if you do not want news of Smackdown.*

Smackdown Live scores

DM_7.......................................16 pts
    Gaw_........................................8 pts
    Bounty Hunter............................6 pts
    Cheese Wagstaff.........................5 pts
    A Brad Maddox Guy.....................4 pts
    beakerjoe..................................4 pts
    daithi1989.................................4 pts
    LeeJM.......................................4 pts
    Mr.Nice Guy...............................4 pts
    WinnyThePoo.............................3 pts
    Kankan14..................................1 pt
    paulie21....................................0 pts

Smackdown Fallout

The highest score for Smackdown by some margin goes to DM_7, with his points coming from wins for his captain Jimmy Uso and AJ Styles.

The second highest score goes to Gaw_ thanks to Jimmy Uso's win and appearances from Nikki Bella and Dean Ambrose.

There were just three matches on Smackdown so unsurprisingly the average is a low one: 5 points.

And now it's time to discover the results of the final group matches. Which players made it through?

PW Fantasy Cup (Results)

Group A

Mr.Nice Guy 44 - 42 Gaw_
    LeeJM 39 - 37 paulie21

Group A|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Mr.Nice Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    paulie21|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Gaw_|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

What a tight group this turned out to be and in the end it is myself and paulie21 who qualify in the top 2 automatic spots from this group.

There were only 2 points in both of the final group games and this table could have looked very different had just one Raw or Smackdown result gone differently. It means LeeJM relies on the third-place route to advance (discover if he made it below) and sadly Gaw_ is eliminated.

Group B

Kankan14 40 - 38 A Brad Maddox Guy
    daithi1989 40 - 41 DM_7

Group B|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    DM_7|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    daithi1989|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Kankan14|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    A Brad Maddox Guy|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

This was another group filled with drama. Look at how close those final matches were. It is DM_7 who tops the group with a 100 per cent record after a stunning turnaround. He trailed this tie by 11 points after Raw but managed to edge daithi1989 into second spot, who also qualifies automatically. Some good news for daithi1989 is that he is the best runner-up so will be classed as a top seed in the next round, along with the group winners.

Kankan14 edges the must-win clash over A Brad Maddox Guy to give himself a chance in the third-place route as A Brad Maddox Guy is eliminated. Find out if he made it below.

Group C

Cheese Wagstaff 20 - 31 WinnyThePoo
    Bounty Hunter 50 - 29 beakerjoe

Group C|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    Bounty Hunter|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    beakerjoe|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    WinnyThePoo|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Cheese Wagstaff|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Bounty Hunter maintains his 100 per cent record and tops Group C with a strong win over nearest rival beakerjoe, who also qualifies automatically.

WinnyThePoo won the must-win clash with Cheese Wagstaff, with last year's league champion given an early exit from the Cup, as WinnyThePoo relies on the third-place route to advance. See if he made it below.

So we have our six group winners and runners-up definitely through to the quarter-finals: myself, paulie21, DM_7, daithi1989, Bounty Hunter and beakerjoe. Congratulations to all players.

Now we must welcome the top two third-place teams who will take the final spots. And they are...

Third Place Table|P|W|D|L|Score|Pts
    LeeJM|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    Kankan14|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    WinnyThePoo|
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |

Congratulations to LeeJM and Kankan14 who take the final two spots in the last 8. Commiserations to WinnyThePoo who achieved a fantastic result over Cheese Wagstaff but still winds up eliminated. Low scores in his first two group games proved costly for him in the end.

So to review, here is the line-up:

Top seeds

Mr.Nice Guy (Group A winner)
    DM_7 (Group B winner)
    Bounty Hunter (Group C winner)
    daithi1989 (Best runner-up)

2nd seeds

paulie21 (Group A runner-up)
    beakerjoe (Group C runner-up)
    LeeJM (via third-place route)
    Kankan14 (via third-place route)

Eliminated

Gaw_
    A Brad Maddox Guy
    Cheese Wagstaff
    WinnyThePoo

The quarter-finals will be over two legs and the first game will be in two week's time on Gameweek 10. I will do the draw for the quarter-finals next week when Gameweek 9 ends. Players who met in the group stage will be kept apart for the quarter-finals.

So that concludes the opening round of the Fantasy Cup, but now let's see how the league table shapes up...

Gameweek 8 Standings

1. DM_7...........................................................................252 points

2. Bounty Hunter...............................................................242 points

3. paulie21.......................................................................224 points

4. A Brad Maddox Guy........................................................216 points

5. Mr.Nice Guy..................................................................215 points

6. daithi1989....................................................................208 points

7. Cheese Wagstaff............................................................203 points

8. beakerjoe.....................................................................196 points

9. LeeJM..........................................................................194 points

10. Kankan14....................................................................189 points

11. Gaw_.........................................................................176 points

12. WinnyThePoo...............................................................148 points

League Fallout

The big news at the end of the week concerns the league leader DM_7 who solidifies his position at the top with a margin of ten points.

Not much else to report; it's as you were.

Smackdown results

The Usos and The Ascension defeated Heath Slater & Rhyno and American Alpha.

Carmella and Natalya defeated Nikki Bella and Naomi.

AJ Styles defeated Dean Ambrose

220px-Jack_Swagger_April_2014.jpg
    Missing: Have you seen this man?

What happened to that big Jack Swagger push we were told about?! He remains the most popular Lower Tier pick but have his owners' patience run out?

On to Gameweek #8 (a new tournament begins)

PW Fantasy Tag Team Tournament

260px-WWE_SmackDown_Tag_Titles.jpeg

We have been battling for supremacy in our league, and we have competed directly against one another in the Fantasy Cup; now it is time for our newest challenge: teaming up to do battle!

Yes starting this week I am debuting the PW Fantasy Tag Team Tournament which will see players partnered with a buddy in the league as they face off against the other teams.

Every second week beginning in Gameweek 9 you and your buddy's score will be added together giving your team's total score. (e.g. Player A gets 20 pts, Player B gets 17 points, thus the total team score is 37 points).

There will be no eliminations in Gameweek 9, but in Gameweek 11 we will have our first elimination as the bottom team on the tag team ladder is eliminated. In Gameweek 13, same thing: the bottom team on the ladder is eliminated. In Gameweek 15 we will have 2 semi-finals (one-off games) and the final will be set for Gameweek 17.

How will you be assigned a tag team partner? Well I'll leave that to YOU.

I have randomized all twelve players in our league. I want the first few players who submit their line-ups for the week to pick a number between 1 and 12 and that will be your buddy for the tournament. (If the number you select happens to be your own name then I'll just give the next name down.) By my reckoning after the first 5 submissions we should have the teams sorted, so it's first come, first pick.

(Note - if anyone not currently playing wants to join in I will find a way to facilitate you for this tournament.)

I hope that's straightforward. So the first few players who submit a team it should look like this:

MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X
    MAIN EVENT TIER - X

UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X
    UPPER TIER - X

LOWER TIER - X

Your captain: X

I pick number __.

I will then reveal who your tag team buddy will be for the week ahead. Remember there will be no eliminations this week coming but the lowest team in Gameweek 11 will be eliminated, so it's all about getting those points. The league will continue to run as normal.

I think it will add an interesting new dynamic since now, on tag team weeks, if you have a bad week there will be a bit of guilt over the partner you're letting down. :pac:

Deadline

The deadline will be before the start of Monday Night Raw.

Transfers and Captaincy

You can make up to 2 transfers to your squad if you wish. These must be from the same tier. For example, a Main Event Tier performer for a Main Event Tier performer; an Upper Tier performer for an Upper Tier performer.

Please outline who you are transferring out and transferring in when posting your squads to make it easier for me to follow.

Once a team has been posted that team will be final and no edits will be allowed (unless there are exceptional circumstance, i.e. a wrestler gets hurt, or they are suspended).

Don't forget to choose a captain who will score you double points.

Want to join in?

The game may be under way but new players are always welcome. Places for the Fantasy Cup are now closed but we will still accept players for the league and for the new tag tournament about to start. To sign up simply select a squad from the roster here and you're in.

Good luck for the week ahead and those of you who elect to submit teams early don't forget to pick a number between 1 and 12 too. Gameweek #9 is now open for business.

Great idea to introduce the tag tournament MNG, you keep finding ways to make each week important regardless of league position.

Jack Swagger can actually go fcuk himself! grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Main Event Tier - Roman Reigns
    Main Event Tier - Nia Jax

Upper Tier -Chad Gable in for jericho
    Upper Tier - Carmella in for Rusev
    Upper Tier - Cesaro

Lower Tier - Slater

Captain: Carmella

Am I meant to post a number now?
    If so lucky number 7.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Am I meant to post a number now?
    If so lucky number 7.

Allow me to introduce your buddy for the upcoming Tag Team Tournament and he is...

...beakerjoe!

So Kankan14 and beakerjoe are the first team to be established and will do battle together against everybody else. Perhaps it will be the start of a Jeri-KO like bromance. :cool:

I dunno if you guys or anybody else fancies having a name for your team? If not, I'll just call it the above.

5 teams to go then...

Kankan hes a good lad.

He will have to carry my ass like Jo-Mo carried the Miz..... then BAM, heel turn!

I mean all hail BeakerKan14

Sasha Out Becky In
    KO Out Dolph In

Dolph Becky AJ
    Sami Cesaro Perkins
    Bo

Captain TJ Perkins

I'll go with No3

daithi1989 wrote: »
    I'll go with No3

You have landed someone you've done battle with in the Fantasy Cup, but much like Cesaro and Sheamus now you two are joining forces. Say hello to your tag team partner...

...A Brad Maddox Guy!

Good job this isn't TNA or these former rivals would never co-exist; so we have daithi1989 and A Brad Maddox Guy as the second tag team in our tournament.

Just 4 teams left to go...

• Advertisement

Main Event Tier -Nia Jax
    Main Event Tier - Seth Rollins AJ Styles

Upper Tier - TJ Perkins Rhyno
    Upper Tier - Cesaro
    Upper Tier - The Miz

Lower Tier - Jey Uso

My captain: Cesaro

I pick no.1 (or the earliest still available)

Advertisement