Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Robbin Backst@rds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Dropped my wallet once

Foot has never fully recovered

Shouldn't have been using it to hold food vouchers and betting slips :o

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

boobar wrote: »
    Anyway my kid asked me what I'd do if I found the guy who swiped the cash, any suggestions?
    Carry less cash?
    Be more careful?
    Thank the person who turned in your lost wallet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

biko wrote: »
    Carry less cash?
    Be more careful?
    Thank the person who turned in your lost wallet?

Yes to all three.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

The least the thief could do was leave a fiver 'luck money'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

I went to town today to buy school books for my kid. Long story short, dropped my wallet (stupid I know). Wallet was handed in to the Garda station, cards and license still there, but €300 in cash gone. So thanks to the person who returned the wallet and I'd like to wish a severe and painful bout of piles to the thief who swiped the cash.

Anyway my kid asked me what I'd do if I found the guy who swiped the cash, any suggestions?

It could have all have gone, cards, licence, the person that found it didn't steal it, they could have thrown it into a bin, they didn't, count your blessings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Put it in your mind that it was someone who really really needed that money.
    Otherwise you'll drive yourself bonkers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,148 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

cbyrd wrote: »

Good advice, OP should sleep alot easier. It won't be an euphoric sleep like the junkie is now getting but it'll be a good sleep all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭scdublin

That's so ****ty, hope it comes back to bite them some day. I can't understand someone doing that at all. I would never ever do that even if I knew there was no way I'd get caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

corglass wrote: »
    guy? Could have been a woman.

Plus leave the person alone and move on. Be glad they didn't take everything.

Garda station probably has CCTV so me thinks this story is made up

What ?

Some lowlife stole €300 and he should "leave them alone" and "be glad" ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Decent Skin

cbyrd wrote: »

Who says the OP didn't ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Loadsa cash goes 'missing' in Garda stations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

snubbleste wrote: »
    Loadsa cash goes 'missing' in Garda stations

And drugs apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I went to town today to buy school books for my kid. Long story short, dropped my wallet (stupid I know). Wallet was handed in to the Garda station, cards and license still there, but €300 in cash gone. So thanks to the person who returned the wallet and I'd like to wish a severe and painful bout of piles to the thief who swiped the cash.

I'll take it your asking that just for the threads sake, and your not actually looking for suggestions, on an internet forum. But can't say I'd be surprised, so many posts in various forums that simply appear to me that large swathes of the population have gone soft, and don't know how to deal with confrontation.

You'd absolutely thump the head of the person, end of.

I also assume the OP is saying that whoever handed in the wallet lifted the cash, and not the Guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The kid sounds like a bit of a sh!t stirrer

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

That went straight into the Gardas Friday Night Drinks fund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

TheDoc wrote: »

I also assume the OP is saying that whoever handed in the wallet lifted the cash, and not the Guards.

I don't think the Gardai stole the money.

I think someone took the cash and discarded the wallet, the wallet was then found by someone else and handed in to the Garda station.

That's what I think...no proof of any of this though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    That went straight into the Gardas Friday Night Drinks fund.

Thursday night in coppers

Nurses get in free ............

Advertisement