Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuisance phone calls

Options
  • 03-08-2016 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

For the last couple of days, I've been getting an automated phone call. It is complete gibberish, but very annoying. Got on to Virgin and they say they can't trace it and I should call the Gardai.
    Any other options?

Call recording attached.

T

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

For the last couple of days, I've been getting an automated phone call. It is complete gibberish, but very annoying. Got on to Virgin and they say they can't trace it and I should call the Gardai.
    Any other options?

Call recording attached.

T

I can't open your file and hear it but under an EU directive calls like this are prohibited unless the caller/company is question have your explicit consent.

However there was an issue some time ago where 'Robo calls' were originating from the US and Comreg/Gardai were powerless to do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭pinkfloydian

Thanks faceman.

It's definitely a "robocall". The message is complete gibberish and mentions a very large number at one point.

I've figured out that this very large number is, in fact, a UK mobile phone number.

T

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

does it say something about being in a car accident?? or insurance claim? my mother got one lst week, turns out its a fake number that people can use to pranks others.

looks like we're back in 1995..

Advertisement