Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage

Options
  • 03-08-2016 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have been trying to change the interest rate on my mortgage since April. We are in good standing and have been given the run around by the branches.  I am expecting a letter from Mortgages and was texted to confirm it was sent but for the 3rd time, no letter arrived.  I can’t get through to BOI premier, to my branch premier advisor who may be away as usually she responds, and moved to Toronto so can’t call into the branch.  The reason I have been trying to do this since April was because we were moving.  I also emailed mortgages and again have had no response.  It’s so frustrating and I’m very upset as we are still paying a high variable rate and the bank are costing us financially because of poor communication, poor advice and lack of service.  I would like to stop paying a fortune for calls from my cell in Toronto and would appreciate a direct number to contact someone in Mortgages please.  This is really upsetting and frustrating.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,

I have been trying to change the interest rate on my mortgage since April. We are in good standing and have been given the run around by the branches.  I am expecting a letter from Mortgages and was texted to confirm it was sent but for the 3rd time, no letter arrived.  I can’t get through to BOI premier, to my branch premier advisor who may be away as usually she responds, and moved to Toronto so can’t call into the branch.  The reason I have been trying to do this since April was because we were moving.  I also emailed mortgages and again have had no response.  It’s so frustrating and I’m very upset as we are still paying a high variable rate and the bank are costing us financially because of poor communication, poor advice and lack of service.  I would like to stop paying a fortune for calls from my cell in Toronto and would appreciate a direct number to contact someone in Mortgages please.  This is really upsetting and frustrating.
    Hi Karen, 

Thank you for contacting us n Boards. 

We're very sorry to hear you are having difficulty getting in touch with your advisor about your mortgage rate. We'd like to help resolve this for you. If you can please send us a Private Message here with your name, contact number and account holding branch and we will request that they contact you. 
    Please click on the link in my signature to send a private message (you may need to make sure that signatures are set to display on your Boards settings).

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Can you reduce my variable rate as well?

Is this something that the bank will do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Can you reduce my variable rate as well?

Is this something that the bank will do?
    Hi AndyBoBandy,

Thanks for your post. 

If you would like to discuss your mortgage rate, please contact the mortgage advisor in your branch. You can find branch contact details here or book an appointment for your branch at this link

Thanks, 
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 2 karenjboland

Hi Sarah, This won't let me send a PM to you. Says "not receiving"

Karen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Sarah, This won't let me send a PM to you.  Says "not receiving"

Karen
    Hi karenjboland

We'll send you a PM very shortly and you can reply back to us this way.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Sarah, This won't let me send a PM to you.  Says "not receiving"

Karen
    Sorry Karen,  I have just spoken with Sarah. We received your PM yesterday and it's been sent onto your Branch for you. Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement