Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water filtration

• 03-08-2016 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks.

I get my water from a well and the water has a high iron content, so we have a big filtration unit out in the garage.

I haven't had it serviced in years and I think it's in need. I thought there was a number or a label on it with contact details but I can't find anything.

Does anyone else have one or can point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Been using this company for many years, get my filter serviced once a year

http://watercare.ie/contact/

They do services in Donegal on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭210

Evening Phil, have you been adding anything to the unit ? if you havent been doing much servicing to the unit it possibly isnt working or may not be changing the water very much. Its good to check the water for bacteria once a yer - an iron test on the water before and after the unit would tell you if the unit is still needed and how well it is working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I just add salt tablets to the drum.

I've been in contact with watercare.ie (thanks icom) and they are due out this week or next. They are going to service it and then come back after a few weeks to do a full test.

Thread bump!

Any other recommendations for water filtration companies? I had previously gone with Watercare and that relationship didn't end very well (pardon the pun).

Had another crowd in to fit an entire new system, now they've bailed out too and won't return calls etc. To top it off I'm in the hole for the €2k grant because I can't provide a clean sample.

Any reliable companies that like a challenge? I think the issue here is that the water is so bad, these companies think they can handle it and then when it's still not up to scratch they're not interested in hanging around for the hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Thread bump!

Any other recommendations for water filtration companies? I had previously gone with Watercare and that relationship didn't end very well (pardon the pun).

Had another crowd in to fit an entire new system, now they've bailed out too and won't return calls etc. To top it off I'm in the hole for the €2k grant because I can't provide a clean sample.

Any reliable companies that like a challenge? I think the issue here is that the water is so bad, these companies think they can handle it and then when it's still not up to scratch they're not interested in hanging around for the hard work.

I have a water filtration system mainly installed it because of hard water. Takes either granular or tablet salt.
    I have a number of a man who services and maintains mine.
    Let me know if you got sorted and if you need I will PM you his number.

• Advertisement

I have a water filtration system mainly installed it because of hard water. Takes either granular or tablet salt.
    I have a number of a man who services and maintains mine.
    Let me know if you got sorted and if you need I will PM you his number.

Pm away please. I'm 3 weeks away from losing the grant money. Need a service/repair ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

PM sent. Hopefully gets you sorted.

Advertisement