Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Dublin to Arklow

Options
  • 03-08-2016 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Living in south dublin currently, but there's a possibility I might be working in Arklow for 6 months or so in the near future.

Was just wondering if anyone would have an idea about travel times if I were to drive down?

I'm assuming morning traffic would be in the other direction as most people would be commuting into Dublin rather than out of it, so that might be to my advantage, but I'd love to get some opinions on what kind of journey times I'm looking at?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

del85 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Living in south dublin currently, but there's a possibility I might be working in Arklow for 6 months or so in the near future.

Was just wondering if anyone would have an idea about travel times if I were to drive down?

I'm assuming morning traffic would be in the other direction as most people would be commuting into Dublin rather than out of it, so that might be to my advantage, but I'd love to get some opinions on what kind of journey times I'm looking at?

Thanks in advance!

You will fly in opposite direction to traffic in mornings.

Google from door to door and it will give you a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭del85

Thanks Punisher, Google says about 45 mins but I figured that might be too good to be true! Cautiously optimistic now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

45 min is possible with the new motorway. Will it take you long to get onto N11 on the Dublin side

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I get from Bray south to Arklow south in less than 40 minutes going with traffic flow. You'll definitely do your journey in 45 minutes against flow if that's what google is telling you.

Google allows you to specify a time and date you want to arrive too (may only be on the full site). It'll take into account normal traffic volumes for that time.
    YoWBalu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I always go south to Arklow via exit 13 on the M50, have done it in 45 mins easy

• Advertisement
Advertisement