Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal review on BOI repossessed house

Options
  • 03-08-2016 7:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭

Hi. I'm currently sat in limbo sale agreed for months now. Iv been told the house is gone for an 'internal review' with no sign of an end in sight. Sale agreed 3 months, in review the last 2. My solicitor is none the wiser and all the while our lease is drawing to a close with only an option for a further 12 months on the table. I'm beyond frustrated at this stage. How can this be allowed happen in the midst of a housing crisis? Is there anything that can get this process moving any faster? And what is actually going on? Is there a chance it might be taken off the market altogether or what? It wouldn't kill BOI to even try be a bit more informative as to whats going on behind the scenes. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

dbagman wrote: »
    Hi. I'm currently sat in limbo sale agreed for months now. Iv been told the house is gone for an 'internal review' with no sign of an end in sight. Sale agreed 3 months, in review the last 2. My solicitor is none the wiser and all the while our lease is drawing to a close with only an option for a further 12 months on the table. I'm beyond frustrated at this stage. How can this be allowed happen in the midst of a housing crisis? Is there anything that can get this process moving any faster? And what is actually going on? Is there a chance it might be taken off the market altogether or what? It wouldn't kill BOI to even try be a bit more informative as to whats going on behind the scenes. 
    Hi dbagman, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.ie

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and can understand your frustrations. As internal reviews are carried out on a case by case basis, regrettably we would be unable to advise you here how long this may take. Your solicitor will need to follow this up on your behalf with Bank of Ireland directly to enquire about the time frame and completion date of the review. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Hi dbagman, 

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy and can understand your frustrations. As internal reviews are carried out on a case by case basis, regrettably we would be unable to advise you here how long this may take. Your solicitor will need to follow this up on your behalf with Bank of Ireland directly to enquire about the time frame and completion date of the review. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    My solicitor is blue in the face trying to follow up on this. He is a personal friend of my girlfriend so is telling us exactly whats happening as it happens. And I can tell you now he has literally no knowledge of whats going on. In fact we only found out there was an internal review taking place when I contacted the estate agent to see of he had any idea what was taking so long and he found out. It was me that then had to inform my solicitor. There has been little or no contact from the banks side. Can you even tell me what it is this review is for? Or an average idea of how long they take? We talking months more? Years?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭Tow

You need to ask the question higher up the food chain.  A quick google will give you several names, then it is a matter of phoning them and trying a pit of charm with their PAs. Can work wonders when you get to talk to the right people.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi dbagman, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    My solicitor is blue in the face trying to follow up on this. He is a personal friend of my girlfriend so is telling us exactly whats happening as it happens. And I can tell you now he has literally no knowledge of whats going on. In fact we only found out there was an internal review taking place when I contacted the estate agent to see of he had any idea what was taking so long and he found out. It was me that then had to inform my solicitor. There has been little or no contact from the banks side. Can you even tell me what it is this review is for? Or an average idea of how long they take? We talking months more? Years?
    Hi dbagman,

Thank you for your post here, we completely understand your frustration on this matter.

As mentioned all internal reviews are carried out on a case by case basis therefore we’d be unable to provide you with information on how long this can take. It will be necessary for your solicitor to follow up on this with Bank of Ireland on your behalf.

Thank you,

Tara C

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Hi dbagman, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi dbagman,

Thank you for your post here, we completely understand your frustration on this matter.

As mentioned all internal reviews are carried out on a case by case basis therefore we’d be unable to provide you with information on how long this can take. It will be necessary for your solicitor to follow up on this with Bank of Ireland on your behalf.

Thank you,

Tara C
    you wont give my solicitor anything. Hes even further out of the loop than I am. Case by case basis means nothing. Some information from your side to me or my solicitor is all Im asking for. A timeframe. An idea whats going on. How difficult can that be? You realise this is peoples lives you're messing with here. The stress this has taken on me and my girlfriend. Were in limbo. Do we take out another lease and risk losing €1200 deposit if we get house in meantime and have to break said lease? Do we give our notice and move home in the hope it will be concluded soon? I assume it wont take another year.  The best part is the house were trying to buy had already gone sale agreed and fallen through. I assume for the same reason. So you'd imagine this review has already taken place. Or at least started. So it hardly has to commence from step 1 again. Who can I contact directly about this matter? 

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi dbagman,

Thanks again for getting in touch.

We really do understand your frustration however, we are unable to provide information on this. It is something your solicitor will need to follow up on with Bank of Ireland on your behalf. If you wish to raise a complaint regarding this, please see here for our Customer Complaints Process. 

Sorry again that we're unable to assist with this specific query here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement