Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop repair

Options
  • 03-08-2016 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads... Over the last few weeks my home laptop has slowed and tonight it said no hard drive detected so I need to take it to get looked at somewhere...

Does any have any recommendations for laptop repair (software) in the city or on the south side of the city please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Have you tired to reseat the hard drive? Might be something as simple as that. Worth trying it before someone does it for a charge,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Have you tired to reseat the hard drive? Might be something as simple as that. Worth trying it before someone does it for a charge,

Is that when you press f1?

It asked me to scan for hard drive and then said none found again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

There's a place beside ez living in pouladuff . Southside Ind est - reasonable and good service

goochy wrote: »
    There's a place beside ez living in pouladuff . Southside Ind est - reasonable and good service

Is the one behind it? There's 4/5 units in a row and it's the last unit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is that when you press f1?
    It asked me to scan for hard drive and then said none found again
    No. You get a screw driver, removed one screw, and take out the hard drive and put it back in.
    Plenty of vids on youtube if you are a bit new to this.
    Really easy. Do it once, and you'll wonder why you may have feared it. And it may be the solution.
    If you are getting the error "no hard drive found", then the system doesn't see it, which may be due to a loose connection.
    Might not work, but is def worth a try. I worked in desktop support, and it's be one of the very first steps I'd have tried.

• Advertisement

No. You get a screw driver, removed one screw, and take out the hard drive and put it back in.
    Plenty of vids on youtube if you are a bit new to this.
    Really easy. Do it once, and you'll wonder why you may have feared it. And it may be the solution.
    If you are getting the error "no hard drive found", then the system doesn't see it, which may be due to a loose connection.
    Might not work, but is def worth a try. I worked in desktop support, and it's be one of the very first steps I'd have tried.

Tried this but had no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭goochy

its the small industrial estate within that estate - theres a ramp up to - its on higher level to ez living - its beside NAT ROSS , fridge spares and premier autoparts - just looked it up they are called COMPUNET LTD.

goochy wrote: »
    its the small industrial estate within that estate - theres a ramp up to - its on higher level to ez living - its beside NAT ROSS , fridge spares and premier autoparts - just looked it up they are called COMPUNET LTD.

Only seeing this now... I've dropped it to pcsystems.ie

I'll see what they come back with

Advertisement