Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deciphering parish records

• 04-08-2016 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Got the free 14 day sub to FindMyPast (saw that it has all the parish records transcribed) and was able to find my grandfather's birth in 1877 (both him and my father had children at a late age).

Here's what looks the entry;

yzWw9ws.png

Can anyone make out information not in the transcript? Is the line below godparents? (Looks like Thomas & Margaret Moloney?)

EDIT: Actually RootsIreland does list the godparents, while FindMyPast doesn't. Strange they omitted it, lack of time I guess.
    First name(s) Paul
    Last name Molony
    Birth year -
    Baptism year 1877
    Baptism date 11 Apr 1877
    Residence Clare
    Parish Murroe, Boher and Abington
    Alternative parish names Abington, Boher, Murroe, Murroe and Boher
    Diocese Cashel and Emly
    County Limerick, Tipperary
    Country Ireland
    Father's first name(s) Paul