Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an overnight face tan

Options
  • 03-08-2016 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi all, looking for a recommendation for an overnight moisturiser that will bring up a bit of colour on my face........please and thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I use a st tropez sensitive gradual face tanner, I got it in TKMaxx

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

TKMaxx you say....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The James Read one is meant to be great, haven't trued it myself though! I have tried the instant tan mousse and the rose water face tan mist and was impressed with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 daisydotty81

I use the Dove moisturising self tanner. I know it's not specifically for the face but I put some on after I moisturise before going to bed and it's lovely. I'm fair enough so I use the medium to dark one and after one night there's a lovely glow. I tried the boots face self tanner-small yellow/orange squeezy bottle but I didn't like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Another idea is get a good quality face and body tanning lotion and mix it in with your face cream. I used to use lotion rather than mousse and this worked fine for me. You could even get a travel size lotion if you'll only use it on your face for less waste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I like the Clarins radiance glow booster-add a couple of drops to your moisturiser at night

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If you watch Marissa Carter of Cocoa Brown on snapchat she does demos every so often of how she applies fake tan to her face. She applies the gradual tan all over her face with a foundation brush and then uses the fake tan mousse with a contour brush to do the tops of the forehead, under the cheek bones and the sides of the nose. She then washes off in the morning. Haven't tried it myself mind.

I recently bought the Penneys gradual face tan. It's ok, takes ages to sink it so I wouldn't apply it right before bed. Leave a bit of colour, enough to take the edge off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I also use the Clarins radience glow and mix it in with my moisturiser. I find it great as I have really pale skin and it doesn't make it orange.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

The James Read Sleep Mask tan for the face is lovely, I use that when I'm wearing tan on my body. For everyday use I love the Vita Liberata self tan serum, it gives a more subtle glow than the James Read one. I would not put a body tan one on my face as my skin is quite sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I wouldn't use face tan on the face too often either- apparently its linked to premature ageing now as well

"Fake tans work by reacting with your skin's outer layer, which is mainly made up of dead skin cells. It's called the Maillard reaction and causes what's known as oxidative stress: creating compounds that turn skin cells brown and cause the same type of damage as pollution or sunbathing.
    We don't know the long term effects," Dr Stefanie Williams, dermatologist and founder of London's Eudelo skin clinic told the Daily Mail. They may be insignificant, but oxidation is linked to ageing and disease".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

I have been using NO 7 Perfectly Bronzed Quick Dry Tinted Lotion Light/Medium, it gives a hint of natural looking tan on the face and hands all year round, it has a built in moisturiser and is easy to apply once you clean the hands with a facial wipe after use, My 24 year old daughter is also using it. I get lots of compliments about my skin and find this product excellent, never look washed out or pale even in the middle of winter and it means I only have to wear minimal eye make up and lip gloss during the week. It needs to be topped up approx. every 5/6 days . It comes in a mousse but the lotion imo is best, I also use the very same product in Medium/Dark for legs. On offer in Boots at the moment 2 for €20 excellent value.

Advertisement