Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry Seal, DEA, CIA, JFK Assination, Bush Administration

• 03-08-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Has anyone done any reading on this guy? Quite the read, he seems to have been either a massive story teller or he had very dirty fingers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭Laika123

FR85 wrote: »
    Has anyone done any reading on this guy? Quite the read, he seems to have been either a massive story teller or he had very dirty fingers!!

Check the clinton body count.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,845 ✭✭✭buried

"Barry and 'the Boys'" by Daniel Hopsicker, is a good analysis on Barry Seal.
    Hopsicker's other book on Mohamed Atta and 9/11 'Welcome to Terrorland' may be of some interest to forum users here also

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭FR85

buried wrote: »
    "Barry and 'the Boys'" by Daniel Hopsicker, is a good analysis on Barry Seal.
    Hopsicker's other book on Mohamed Atta and 9/11 'Welcome to Terrorland' may be of some interest to forum users here also

Any idea where I'd get a copy? Dunno of I'm searching the wrong thing but amazon is looking mad money!!

Any idea where I'd get a copy? Dunno of I'm searching the wrong thing but amazon is looking mad money!!

Holy sh!t. Looking at amazon now I can see the prices myself! I bought both of those books back in the early 2000's when they were nowhere near that price, but the place I heard of them was on online interviews between Hopsicker and Dave Emory on Emory's podcast/website - spitfirelist.com. Search for the Daniel Hopsicker interviews and podcasts. Some of those interviews about Seal should still be there. Buy those books though if you can afford it, but def check out spitfirelist.com first

Buy the books man. Hopsicker is no crank, and those books will probably only get more expensive. Hopsicker knows what he's talking about concerning the story of Barry Seal, and a lot of other subjects too.

• Advertisement

buried wrote: »
    Buy the books man. Hopsicker is no crank, and those books will probably only get more expensive. Hopsicker knows what he's talking about concerning the story of Barry Seal, and a lot of other subjects too.

I'd love to, gonna look into em more seriously, might scour ebay! Actually about to watch The Mena Connection on YouTube now.
    I followed the story years ago and it was only recently I saw Tom Cruise is in the middle of filming the story of his downfall....aptly called Mena! A load of sources say it couldn't come at a better time with the good Hilary looking to get back into the white house!!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

The price of the Barry Seal book is a conspiracy theory in itself. Amazon colluding with authorities to censor in plain sight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Barry Seal is a rather interesting character to put it mildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,230 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Peist2007 wrote: »
    The price of the Barry Seal book is a conspiracy theory in itself. Amazon colluding with authorities to censor in plain sight?

Oh I am sure his margin from Amazon is pretty healthy and just looked it up out of curiosity, buying from him direct costs $100 (for a book??) but you get another free book

He even has the gall to call it a "donation".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Out of stock, but the right price shown

http://shop.thebookcentre.ie/generalbooks/Barry%20and%20the%20Boys%20by%20Daniel%20Hopsicker

Review:
    http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1778319129?utm_campaign=reviews&utm_medium=widget&utm_source=shop.thebookcentre.ie

• Advertisement

I touched base with the author and he wanted $130 shipped to Ireland. It maybe a savage read and sure he may have touched many nerves but I left it be, was far too much. Quit smoking yesterday so I may treat myself in a few months!

I know this hasn't been active for a while. The missus bought me Barry and The Boys for my birthday, just got it today so the next few days should be filled with reading....Also, the book was lost in the post so DH popped in a DVD to say sorry. Think she got a deal on the package.
    She also got me a few Sean Attwood books (Pablo Escobar+American Made).

Speaking of American Made, did anyone on here see the film? Was looking forward to it for about a year....total farce, good for the scenery but way way off the plot!

Fair play to Mrs FR85! Happy birthday and enjoy the read! Let us know what you think when finished

Advertisement