Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokemon muppets

Options
  • 03-08-2016 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Out for a spin the weekend and had two separate incidents in the same spin of youngfells walking on to the road right in my path wigh their faces planted in there phone. First got a shout. Second got a few f bombs. Anyone else coming across this? Got to think it's this pokemon crap which I don't really understand but I gather you wander around chasing virtual creatures. In my day we just chased after girls, didn't get any mind you ;-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

As cyclists say... They have every much a right to be on the road as you 😬😬😬😬

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Being on the bike is a great way to hit up a load of Pokestops in a short space of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sooner or later one of these space cadets will be hit and killed by a car

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

if garmin played their cards right they could work their varia vision technology into some sort of road-bike pokemon hunting set up.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Being on the bike is a great way to hit up a load of Pokestops in a short space of time.
    One of my kids has been getting a hell of a lot of exercise and is starting to show a lot more interest in cycling on the back of this. Reckon I'll have her racing next season at this rate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I'm pretty sure people were walking around staring at their phones long before Pokemon Go.

A former boss of mine used to watch Eastenders on her IPad while she DROVE to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Perfect for an audax control...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Beasty wrote: »
    One of my kids has been getting a hell of a lot of exercise and is starting to show a lot more interest in cycling on the back of this. Reckon I'll have her racing next season at this rate
    similar for my brother, but with heading out walking or running. the kids have been now known to ask can get go out walking.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

fryup wrote: »
    sooner or later one of these space cadets will be hit and killed by a car

Sooner or later, one of these space cadets will hit and kill someone while driving a car. Though I did hear that the game cuts out once you go over a certain speed - can anyone confirm this?

Mmmm, doesn't seem to be impossible to play while driving;

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/03/new-pokemon-go-update-makes-playing-while-driving-much-harder/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭buffalo

Sooner or later, one of these space cadets will hit and kill someone while driving a car.

http://edition.cnn.com/videos/us/2016/07/21/pokemon-go-police-car-crash-orig-vstan.cnn

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sooner or later, one of these space cadets will hit and kill someone while driving a car. Though I did hear that the game cuts out once you go over a certain speed - can anyone confirm this?

Mmmm, doesn't seem to be impossible to play while driving;

http://comicbook.com/2016/08/03/new-pokemon-go-update-makes-playing-while-driving-much-harder/

Nope the game doesnt cut out, it just doesnt register towards your distance counted when you go over approx 10mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Have seen 3 cyclists in the last week stopped at the kerb in the cycle lane along Wolfe Tone quay by the Croppies, all trying to catch something. One that stopped suddenly to whip the phone out almost taking out a few people behind him.

Must be a hotspot for something decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

An even more fun way of getting some exercise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭jimmy blevins

I'm pretty sure people were walking around staring at their phones long before Pokemon Go.

A former boss of mine used to watch Eastenders on her IPad while she DROVE to work.

Don't know which is worse watching EastEnders or being distracted while driving.ðŸ˜

Advertisement