Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Elgato Game Capture HD & Retro Consoles - Frame Rate Cut in Half

• 03-08-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I got an AV cable for my Mega Drive and now I'm able to hook it up to my Elgato and record footage with it.

It works well, and it comes out fine, but I have an issue with its final frame rate.

During recording, it tells me I have an input of 480i60 and an output of 480i60. That's fine. But when I finish recording, and I look back at the final video file, it's giving me a frame rate of 30fps when it was telling me 60 the whole time I was recording.

Is there a way around this? Or am I just going to have to suck it up? It's not a huge issue, and there was probably no need for such a complex explanation but Googling is not helping me for once.

For the record, I'm using an NTSC system, so it's capable of outputting 60fps as opposed to our typical limit of 50fps. Even then, it still wouldn't be hitting it's mark, but the info might be useful, I don't know

If anyone can point anything out that I'm missing, thanks I guess. Hope I'm not being a pest

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm gonna make a guess that the El Gato will only capture in 30 fps and 60, so if the device is not outputting at 60 it might be defaulting.

Advertisement