Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Massey 5455 range selector dash light not working

Options
  • 03-08-2016 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello ,

New to the process so bear with me !
    Have a 2005 MF 5455 and the range selector light (the pictures of the hare and tortoise) on the dash is not working, no problem moving between the hi and lo boxes themselves but the light never comes on.
    Even when you turn the ignition on the tortise light illuminates but the hare light does not.
    Appreciate any ideas. Bulb ? Fuse ? Wiring connection ?

Rgds

John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

I'd say it's just a bulb

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dunlejg

thanks for the reply.
    was thinking along the same lines....pulling the dash out looks to be a pain, once you get the console unscrewed it looks like there is a white protective cover with 20+ screws that need to be undone to get at the bulb holders.
    let me know if you are aware of easer access route.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭9935452

Dunlejg wrote: »
    Hello ,

New to the process so bear with me !
    Have a 2005 MF 5455 and the range selector light (the pictures of the hare and tortoise) on the dash is not working, no problem moving between the hi and lo boxes themselves but the light never comes on.
    Even when you turn the ignition on the tortise light illuminates but the hare light does not.
    Appreciate any ideas. Bulb ? Fuse ? Wiring connection ?

Rgds

John

The father has a 5460 2004. The tortoise light works correctly , go up the range, the hare light doesnt , wallop the side of the dash and it does, loose wire somewhere

Advertisement