Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

70.3 lanzarote

Options
  • 04-08-2016 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Heading to lanzarote in September. I'm going around the dates of 70.3 and there is still entries.

Anyone done this race and have an insight to what it's like. Done a few 70.3 but never in the heat.

Is it too hot that time of year? I know it's a tough course but how tough compared to the likes of lost sheep or the likes?
    Also did you bring your own bike or rent one out there.

Any help really appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

didn't do this race but did the ocean lava tri in october when it was still out of Puerto Del Carmen, bit later in the year so probably a bit cooler but was still damn warm, the wind is a bigger factor than the heat though.

on bikes though, i rented for that race, didn't have a tri bike at the time though so was an easier choice. if you're just doing it for fun and not time/place chasing renting is no issue, plenty of places in PdC, i use Renners every time i go out there and never had an issue. don't do what i did though and leave the lock they give you on the bike while racing..:)

if chasing a time/resuly/place i'd bring your own though,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Have done the race and id do it again in a heart beat if i could run! It is warm but not too bad, swim is nice and sheltered. Wind is the biggest issue on the bike as it can really play on the mind - where you think you should be going fast you may not etc. Its a bit lumpy with one big climb but control it and you'd be fine. Run is boring enough but fine.

Advertisement