Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad joint pain at 11 weeks - also crohns sufferer but in remission

Options
  • 04-08-2016 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    Has anyone here experienced/experiencing debilitating joint pain? It is my first pregnancy and I am currently 11 weeks. From week 6 I have had severe nausea and just not feeling great but with the past two weeks the pains in my knees, wrists and hands are getting worse daily... I am living abroad and not due to see my doctor again until the 24th but I am seriously upset and worried about this pain and considering popping along to my GP. I have read other forums where people say they had joint pain but Ive a lot of friends/family who have had babies and none of them have ever experienced anything like this.
    I also have crohns disease but this has been in remission for 6 years and am not on any medication. I had a scan and full bloods 3 weeks ago and they were all ok. Im losing weight as I have no appetite and have no energy to eat anyway.
    If anyone has experienced anything like this I would love to hear from you.
    All the best,
    Jess

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Carpal tunnel is supposed to surface in many pregnancies, so dunno if that's what you're getting. I'm getting mild SPD and I'd never heard of it before pregnancy. People often don't share their ailments publicly, so less likely to hear of it.
    If something causing you pain and grief though, definitely go see your GP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

I had preexisting back pain which was under control but I started getting symptoms around 10-11 weeks. Apparently it is relaxin hormone taking an effect on the joints. I just really try not to aggravate it eg by long journeys in the car. Very careful about what shoes I wear. It really sucks to be getting it this early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

I had bad hip pain earlier in my pregnancy and my midwife recommended the following-

1. Ditch the heels, flat shoes only
    2. Ditch the handbag (apparently carrying a shoulder bag can throw your hips out a little), get a small rucksack and use that instead
    3. Go walking in the swimming pool. I used to do 20 lengths a few times a week

A combination of these things worked for me, but it was only hip pain that I had. Might be worth a try though.

Advertisement