Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 On the Road Again 2017

Options
  • 04-08-2016 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

Hopefully not a stadium tour, I+E tour was amazing .........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Reckon it will be a stadium tour this time round

'Experience' element of I&E will come into play

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/u2-announce-world-tour-hint-new-album-nearly-ready-1.2744846

Timetable I reckon
    March 2017- June 2017- US/Canada
    Sep 2017- Nov 2017- South America
    Jan 2018-Feb 2018- South Africa/Australia/NZ
    Summer 2018- Europe (2x Croke Park dates/2x Cork Dates)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon it will be a stadium tour this time round

'Experience' element of I&E will come into play

http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/u2-announce-world-tour-hint-new-album-nearly-ready-1.2744846

Timetable I reckon
    March 2017- June 2017- US/Canada
    Sep 2017- Nov 2017- South America
    Jan 2018-Feb 2018- South Africa/Australia/NZ
    Summer 2018- Europe (2x Croke Park dates/2x Cork Dates)

Not a bad shout mate. Would be surprised if there are **no** European dates within the first year of release however. That would be unprecedented.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,413 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Wooderson wrote: »
    Not a bad shout mate. Would be surprised if there are **no** European dates within the first year of release however. That would be unprecedented.

they might throw a spanner in the works and play europe and the irish dates in the summer of 2017

who better than u2 to be the first band to play the new PUC in Cork after playing the old venue all those years ago ???

anyway looking forward to it. Loved seeing them in the 3arena last year (cant believe it was last year how time flies)

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭NotInventedHere

Last time I saw U2 was 1993. Think I might go to see them this time around. Not so pushed on their new music though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Last time I saw U2 was 1993. Think I might go to see them this time around. Not so pushed on their new music though.

Don't think I've bought a U2 album since All that you Can't leave Behind but have been to every Irish gig from Popmart onwards and last year was the highlight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

PTH2009 wrote: »
    they might throw a spanner in the works and play europe and the irish dates in the summer of 2017

who better than u2 to be the first band to play the new PUC in Cork after playing the old venue all those years ago ???

anyway looking forward to it. Loved seeing them in the 3arena last year (cant believe it was last year how time flies)

My thoughts are a big summer blow out from them in European stadia.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They'll have to delay the album release until The Killers have released their new album so they can copy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Zardoz wrote: »

Ah yes. The new iPhone is out soon aswell.......

Christ. What a dreadfully predictably safe and boring band they've become.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hey guys its 2016 still and not even a date mentioned.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The Nal wrote: »
    Ah yes. The new iPhone is out soon aswell.......

Christ. What a dreadfully predictably safe and boring band they've become.

They are a corporation now ,not a band.
    Everything is played safe and to maximise revenue.

They will want to get the album out in Sept/October so as they can announce the tour by late November to cash in on the Christmas market.

Advertisement