Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Biker site suspected hack

• 04-08-2016 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭

A popular motorcycle enthusiast forum of this parish appears to have been the victim of a bit skullduggery this morning.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rusty Nordy

Yea same yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Really?
    I was there yesterday and didn't see ought awry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭fatty pang

Whomever was responsible clearly has a sense of humour as well - not that 99% of the regulars there would appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

fatty pang wrote: »
    Whomever was responsible clearly has a sense of humour as well - not that 99% of the regulars there would appreciate it.

OK, you'll have to elaborate.

Apart from the game of that name, I'm not familiar with either reference.

An obscure Uzbek leader and that quote?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    Really?
    I was there yesterday and didn't see ought awry.

It looked to go down mid afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

It's still down. I remember a few of the mods thinking it was hilarious when boards was hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 lucanone

fatty pang wrote: »

whats clearly humorous about it, I don't get the reference or the pic? or maybe i'm one of the 99% :p

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭markad1

I'm a regular on the site and find it great. Don't take it too seriously. It's good banter but some lads get way too wound up:D
    Sure it's only the interweb.....what could go wrong:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

Who cares, a really unfriendly site especially to new members
    I see their regular members insult and harass people there all the time, some of them are knob heads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Can you imagine what theyre doing while they have no site....every sheep and sister will be worried...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 lucanone

markad1 wrote: »
    I'm a regular on the site and find it great. Don't take it too seriously. It's good banter but some lads get way too wound up:D
    Sure it's only the interweb.....what could go wrong:p

I've got great help on the site with queries and people going out of their way to help. Then there is a couple of planks who make stupid comments on everything to keep the post count on the up and up. I generally ignore those bell ends. Like everything, good and bad.

I've never been harrassed tho:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭fatty pang

Lorddrakul wrote: »
    An obscure Uzbek leader

:eek:
    I wouldn't know where to begin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

Now where am I gonna post all me pics??:pac::pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Biker.ie does appear to have a larger share of the country's knobheads than similar forums. Between the brown nosing of the moderators and the 'comedians' waiting for any opportunity to belittle new or less knowledgeable members it can be like a schoolyard at times. Having said that I have been a member for years and there are a lot of sound people on there ( they can be drowned out by the knobheads though, empty vessels make most noise and all that) and there can be some good info at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

rustynutz wrote: »
    .........and there are a lot of sound people on there

Cheer's Ruster ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I think biker is a good site tbh. Its a lot more light hearted than boards anyway. I always see good info and a laugh on the site.
    Sure boards is all but dead these days anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Haven't been on the site since the admin started a thread about the Holocaust not happening/being a hoax.

The true colours were shown. I don't care how 'sound' the other folks on it are. Good riddance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

It's well and truly down. No harm. I found a lot of them to be Willy wavers and in reality knew fugh and fugh all. Boards is good and it's well patrolled .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

KonFusion wrote: »
    Haven't been on the site since the admin started a thread about the Holocaust not happening/being a hoax.
    It actually happened for real!?!?

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I agree with most of you about Biker. Generally, nice bunch of lads, great info to be had, great advice also... But the bell ends whose entire lifes gravitate around that forum can make you cringe... People brown nosing admins, users belittling n00bs, admins banning you for pretty much no reason...

Can be quite a hostile forum if you disagree with the general mindset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

I enjoy the site.
    It's easy to know who the real bikers are from the keyboard warriors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Seems to be back up and running again. I enjoy the site. There's some nice lads on it and it's a good source of info. I wouldn't contribute that much but I like browsing through threads and the buy and sell section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

There are tons of decent folk and great posters and content over there but a bloody nose is well deserved for the glorious leaders.

Ha, and furthermore, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 pigdestroyer

Looks like its back up again folks! I share the same sentiments, some people there to annoy, and some very genuine helpful people!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭prunudo

Like all forums it's not as active as it used to be and has its good and bad points. Take the messers with a pinch of salt and it's actually quite informative. Certainly helped me a lot when I was starting out with bikes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Too much dead wood there, a lot of the "mouth-pieces" probably dont even have bikes anymore, just visit to slag off and abuse...lot of sound guys there too and good advice but some very juvaniles who think theyre funny....YOURE NOT....:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

goodlad wrote: »
    I think biker is a good site tbh. Its a lot more light hearted than boards anyway. I always see good info and a laugh on the site.
    Sure boards is all but dead these days anyway.

Boards is alive and well compared to biker. Unless you just mean the motorbike section.
    /r/motorcycles/ is far more interesting. If I need to know anything about my bike, biker would be the last place I'd go tbh. Could be handy for local knowledge, I read a few good posts on buying and importing from England, but never needed it myself.
    Brown nosing of the mods and owner is to cringy for me to handle though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 790 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Cienciano wrote: »
    Boards is alive and well compared to biker. Unless you just mean the motorbike section.
    /r/motorcycles/ is far more interesting. If I need to know anything about my bike, biker would be the last place I'd go tbh. Could be handy for local knowledge, I read a few good posts on buying and importing from England, but never needed it myself.
    Brown nosing of the mods and owner is to cringy for me to handle though.

Is that a different forum /r/motorcycles/ or just a typo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

rustynutz wrote: »
    Is that a different forum /r/motorcycles/ or just a typo?

http;//www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭bladespin

All back to normal, still probably the best biker board on the net.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement