Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i update to ios 9 on my iphone 4s?

Options
  • 04-08-2016 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

just too many apps can not be installed on the phone, this is really absurd.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

jelone wrote: »

of course you can. I'm running 9.3.3 on my 4s for work.

I will say it's not even half as zippy as my personal 6, but it does the job. If you can afford it though I'd advise upgrading your phone. Once ios10 is out you'll really struggle with app compatibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭jelone

of course you can. I'm running 9.3.3 on my 4s for work.

I will say it's not even half as zippy as my personal 6, but it does the job. If you can afford it though I'd advise upgrading your phone. Once ios10 is out you'll really struggle with app compatibility.
    Many apps i want just needs ios 7, but i can not find it, 6 is expensive for me, maybe i will abandon apple from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

The 4S is nearly 5 years old. It's not that absurd that newer apps won't work on it. It's like expected newer games to work on Windows 98.

I would advise against upgrading to 9.3.3. It's not officially supported, and apps will struggle on it. As the previous poster said, if you can, it's time to upgrade. The likes of a 5S could be got cheaper now, and that's two generations up.

i was just thinking sometimes later i may force to abandon 5s(if i bought it) just the ios version has been changed so fast

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I updated my 4s to ios9 and it became so slow it was hardly usable

Unless they're vital apps don't update

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

i was just thinking sometimes later i may force to abandon 5s(if i bought it) just the ios version has been changed so fast

Of course you will. technology moves on. It's how we've gone from VHS-DVD-Blueray- HD Streaming in about 10 years.

your phone is now 5 years old- that's a lifetime in technology. If you don't want to upgrade to take advantage of newer games, apps, and tech then get a basic phone which won't need updating for texts and calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yup, that's technology though. New ideas don't always work with older tech. The 5S, I suspect, is near end of life. I'd say iOS 10 will be the last one for it that works well. If it gets iOS 11, we will see complaints about speed etc

guess i gotta work hard to afford iphone 7 then...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Or an iPhone se as a cheaper option...

hah, that's a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Johnny11

guess i gotta work hard to afford iphone 7 then...

Haha

Advertisement