Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D / 4D Scan

Options
  • 04-08-2016 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has had or is getting a 3D / 4D Scan? I wasn't really gone on the idea, but the OH is really excited at the idea of it. Also have you any recommendation for where to go please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I went to Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock last time round and they were fantastic. It was more like visiting a spa then a medical appointment! They took loads of time and the photos and videos I got were fantastic.

I was 27 weeks at the time and my OH loved it as you could really see features etc, I was already feeling the baby move but it made the pregnancy real for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

I have to second ultrasound dimensions, I visited on my previous pregnancies and I honestly couldn't fault them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks a million girls! I will look them up now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I'm going to Ultrasound dimensions, mainly because I had my early scan there. I'm having second thoughts about buying the €250 package though!! I hope it's great, I can't wait to see babas face

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Hi sticky

We went to the place on grafton st for our scan. We were both curious as to what to expect with it being our first. We also thought the 3D/4d scan was a bit of a gimmick but when we were in the room all our doubts were put to rest.

The detail and quality that we saw were amazing. The price was 150 and was worth every penny. We got 10 photos and a usb key with 40 photos and two video of the baby yawning.

Highly recommend it.

Good luck with your pregnancy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

Hi sticky we went to baby scan in ballincollig they have other places around Ireland too and are very good we will be going in September to get one done but we went two years ago on our little boy we were there for over hour and half and got great results she was able to tell us the sex too which was great 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

We went to Ultrasound Dimensions too, got the 195eur package, it was great, my husband loved it.
    Unfortunately on the day, baba hid from the camera, we went off for a walk and came back but still nothing, so they booked us to come back another day at no cost and baba was more co-operative second time around 😀

I thought the dvd would show the whole body but it's only babas face, but you can see him moving and 'pouting' swallowing etc. Amazing to have it and pics are so clear, it's unreal.

Go in the later part of the recommended weeks as baba will have more fat built up on his face so his features will be more developed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

Could you post a link please? I tried http://www.ultrasound.ie but I don't see there any locations outside Dublin.

Looking to see if there's one in Galway or west coast somewhere close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Gatica wrote: »
    Could you post a link please? I tried http://www.ultrasound.ie but I don't see there any locations outside Dublin.

Looking to see if there's one in Galway or west coast somewhere close.

Dont know about Galway but this place in Castlebar, Co Mayo do them http://www.innervision.ie/, haven't seen the results myself but a friend was very happy when she went a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭cleanslate

http://www.ultrasounddimensions.ie/
    I would drop them a quick email and ask them if they would recommend somewhere if the place in Mayo from xalot doesn't suit you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement