Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland Dump

Options
  • 04-08-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭

Who actually discovered the Charlesland Dump?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 macboomba

An organisation with a history of dumping, burying and other illegal activities. Now turned over a new leaf though. You'll see their picture in the Wicklow Times every week beside the latest problem they are highlighting/bandwagon jumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

Original story claimed "a tip off from a concerned constituent" led to the discovery.

http://www.wicklownews.net/2016/07/massive-illegal-dump-containing-up-to-100-tonnes-of-refuse-discovered-in-greystones/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Ah right because I read on John Brady's Facebook page:

"After John Brady TD and Cllr Nicola Lawless discovering the massive illegal dump in Charlesland 2 weeks ago, the site has now been completely cleaned up and secured........."

It read as if the two of them happened upon it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

I wonder if there is any connection with the "Rocks Valley" controversy.
    If people were dumping rubbish there, it would be a good excuse to use it as a landfill site for dumping more natural "inert materials" instead.

Is the dump located under the red text "Kilcoole /N11 roundabout" in the photo with this article?

More on the Rocks Valley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

macboomba wrote: »
    You'll see their picture in the Wicklow Times every week beside the latest problem they are highlighting/bandwagon jumping.

I thought this might have changed when elected to the Dail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

recedite wrote: »
    I wonder if there is any connection with the "Rocks Valley" controversy.
    If people were dumping rubbish there, it would be a good excuse to use it as a landfill site for dumping more natural "inert materials" instead.

Is the dump located under the red text "Kilcoole /N11 roundabout" in the photo with this article?

More on the Rocks Valley

Hi Recedite..in your photo the illegal dump is /was located on the far top right of your photo..exactly where it says 'zo(om')..they were getting in right at the gate entrance of jackie skellys go gym.just out of pic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Around five or six weeks ago (at 8 or 9 on a Saturday evening during the Euros) the fire brigade attended a fairly big fire in that field. There was a lot of black smoke, so it was quite obvious that someone had set fire to tyres and not just grass or a bush. I'm guessing that must have been when it was discovered, although it didn't appear in the media until a few weeks later.

Advertisement