Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New/Potential Customer

Options
  • 04-08-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi there, 

My mam recently went into an Eir shop to sign up, as our contract with Virgin finished and we didn't have a great experience at all. I convinced my Mam to go with Eir because of the BT package coming free :) 

So basically when she signed up (26th of July) she was told that she would receive a phone call or text to confirm to time of installation. This morning My mam checked her emails (She is not one for checking them regularly) and seen that the installation was meant to go in yesterday the 3rd of August, however never received a phone call or text, (in the email it also states a text will be sent the day before).

She rang this morning and was told that the contract was terminated as no one was at home, however she never received a phone call or text. Which left us in a situation of well what will we do? Just go to a different provider? (Not a great start to be honest) She was then told that if she wanted to be with Eir she would have to start the sales process again and start fresh, then she was told that wasn't enough ports in the area and we would have to change phone number even though the number we have was actually given to us by Eircom a couple of years ago? (All a bit confusing for me) 

Ideally we should have just been given another date when they could install it and everything would have been fine but now it seems to have got very messy and we are thinking of just moving onto another provider. Can you shed some light on where we stand right now? 

I know you may need to talk to my man personally but she has asked me to contact you as she wouldn't be up to date with technology and broadband etc.

I have PM'd Ciara on the account details.

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Aidan 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

aido1603 wrote: »
    Hi there, 

My mam recently went into an Eir shop to sign up, as our contract with Virgin finished and we didn't have a great experience at all. I convinced my Mam to go with Eir because of the BT package coming free :) 

So basically when she signed up (26th of July) she was told that she would receive a phone call or text to confirm to time of installation. This morning My mam checked her emails (She is not one for checking them regularly) and seen that the installation was meant to go in yesterday the 3rd of August, however never received a phone call or text, (in the email it also states a text will be sent the day before).

She rang this morning and was told that the contract was terminated as no one was at home, however she never received a phone call or text. Which left us in a situation of well what will we do? Just go to a different provider? (Not a great start to be honest) She was then told that if she wanted to be with Eir she would have to start the sales process again and start fresh, then she was told that wasn't enough ports in the area and we would have to change phone number even though the number we have was actually given to us by Eircom a couple of years ago? (All a bit confusing for me) 

Ideally we should have just been given another date when they could install it and everything would have been fine but now it seems to have got very messy and we are thinking of just moving onto another provider. Can you shed some light on where we stand right now? 

I know you may need to talk to my man personally but she has asked me to contact you as she wouldn't be up to date with technology and broadband etc.

I have PM'd Ciara on the account details.

Thanks in advance for the help,
    Aidan 
    Hi Aido1603,

Thank you for getting in touch :) 

I am extremely sorry to hear this has happened. This is not the level of service we aim to provide and I will be sure to relay this feedback onto the relevant  department. 

Unfortunately, if the order has been cancelled you will need to contact our sales team and go through the sales process again. I completely understand how frustrating this must be and I am genuinely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Once the order has been placed and everything is active we can then request a number swap.

-Ciara

Advertisement