Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed downgrade and FFTH/FFTC availability

Options
  • 04-08-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am currently on a 100/20Mbps line, I think it's a VDSL.
    When it was first installed, Oct 2015, my modem was syncing at 98/20Mbps. However, lately, and even after reboots of the modem, it never goes beyond 75/20Mbps.
    Why is this happening?

Also I would like to ask, what upgrade options do I have.
    Is there FTTH/FTTC or 1Gbps available in my house?

(please tell me where to send account details for check)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Wizard!

Anyone?
    Also I realized that I cannot make calls. Settings for VoIP on my modem seem to be missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Wizard! wrote: »
    Hello,

I am currently on a 100/20Mbps line, I think it's a VDSL.
    When it was first installed, Oct 2015, my modem was syncing at 98/20Mbps. However, lately, and even after reboots of the modem, it never goes beyond 75/20Mbps.
    Why is this happening?

Also I would like to ask, what upgrade options do I have.
    Is there FTTH/FTTC or 1Gbps available in my house?

(please tell me where to send account details for check)
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Wizard![/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif],[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this. I would recommend contacting technical support and they would be more than happy to troubleshoot these issues you are experiencing, you can contact them directly on 1890260260 or 1901 option 2.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can also check your upgrade options here https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you need any assistance please do let me know.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela,

Last time I contacted support, I was on the phone for 45 minutes, thus spending all my mobile funds. Since my phone is not working, how am I supposed to call them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Last time I contacted support, I was on the phone for 45 minutes, thus spending all my mobile funds. Since my phone is not working, how am I supposed to call them?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend contacting them from a mobile as troubleshooting would be required [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Wizard!.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you contact them on Freephone 1901 and you will not be charged for this call.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Unfortunately we are unable to troubleshoot these issues from here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Anyone?
    Also I realized that I cannot make calls. Settings for VoIP on my modem seem to be missing.
    VOIP is the norm with Vodafone, its not with Eir unless you have FTTH(not FTTC like you have). Chances are your phone is connected to the modem not the POTS line which would be incorrect? 

• Advertisement

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone?
    VOIP is the norm with Vodafone, its not with Eir unless you have FTTH(not FTTC like you have). Chances are your phone is connected to the modem not the POTS line which would be incorrect?

It is connected on the modem... When the technician came for the installation, I did not have a phone device, so I read the manual afterwards. To connect the phone on the line, I need a splitter/filter. Since it was not provided, I thought it's a VoIP service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

ED E wrote: »
    Anyone?

It is connected on the modem... When the technician came for the installation, I did not have a phone device, so I read the manual afterwards. To connect the phone on the line, I need a splitter/filter. Since it was not provided, I thought it's a VoIP service.
    Your socket should be a double one. No splitter required. 

Advertisement