Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be more post-primary teaching jobs in the future?

Options
  • 04-08-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

I think teaching is my calling. I know it's something that I'm good at and I love doing it. I have a lot of tutoring experience but that's all. I am going into my final year in college and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

I know that I can apply to do teacher training in the UK via UCAS and I'd probably walk straight into a job. It seems there are no shortage of jobs there. But, with what happened with Brexit, I don't know if that route would be feasible. Also, while I may become qualified and work in the UK, I may never be able to return to Ireland and work as a teacher here. I was looking at educationposts.ie and most of the jobs teaching business, accounting, economics (which would be my area) are part-time, substitution, or covering for maternity leave.

Being able to work in Ireland as a teacher would be my dream. Now, I may have to look at alternative graduate programmes. I loved learning about tax so I'm thinking of applying to the Chartered Tax Advisor programme in Dublin.

Sorry for the long-winded question. I would love some advice. Thank you :):)

Advertisement