Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Triathlon - 2016

Options
  • 04-08-2016 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Many on here doing it this year?

Just looked at the new routes.

Cycle is pretty much the same as last year with a few extra switch backs so only 4 laps instead of 5 going up the khyber pass on each lap.

Run route is completely changed. Start and finish at the boathouse with no cross country so potentially faster but you go down the Khyber pass on each lap. Have they done this is in previous years? Could be a potential bottleneck...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Bikes and runners on the Khyber at the same time? Don't like the sound of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I'm doing the Olympic. Did the super sprint last year. Happy with the change of course as didn't enjoy the cross country run last year given the torrential rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Its a good race, very well organised on the day, and a great buzz in the Park- but after getting Liffey sick last year (along with so many others) I'll leave it till the last minute to enter, rainfall dependant.

If they had released the results of their "sickness" survey from last year, I'd have entered already, just to support it. But as things stand I don't fancy that level of sickness again, if there's a similar run-off from upriver sewers, and am willing to risk missing if it sells out.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

I really liked this last year and was a disaster race for me, had no sleep the night before and the weather just made it miserable and cold, but as I said enjoyed it,

Well organised and nice people organising it.

Plus sure the goodie bag is renowned now for being worth the entry fee

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Its a good race, very well organised on the day, and a great buzz in the Park- but after getting Liffey sick last year (along with so many others) I'll leave it till the last minute to enter, rainfall dependant.

If they had released the results of their "sickness" survey from last year, I'd have entered already, just to support it. But as things stand I don't fancy that level of sickness again, if there's a similar run-off from upriver sewers, and am willing to risk missing if it sells out.

I'm doing this for the first time this year heard of a few people getting sick alright is this something to worry about?

• Advertisement

checky88 wrote: »
    I'm doing this for the first time this year heard of a few people getting sick alright is this something to worry about?

I raced it two or three times previous and had no issues. Last year there was a lot of rainfall prior to the race, which leads to excess run-off, and seemed to cause illness for an increased amount of swimmers.

Its a risk you take swimming in many Irish rivers, chances are you'll be fine if rainfall levels are normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

I got badly sick last , swore I wouldn't do it again.

But back I go in search of easy national series points :/

Question for anyone who has raced this before as well. Used my P3 last year and probably had my worst bike of the season. Would I be better off using my S5 road bike this year with all the turns on the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Nah I don't think so, course last year was very wet and slippy, especially if you got out of the water quickly and in one of the earlier waves. Towards the end it was drying a little and the grip improved. Course has changed this year but I def think it's a TT bike course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Sickness from the Liffey seems to be the luck of the draw
    I was fine after last year's swim despite the heavy rain but was incredibly sick the year before

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

I was another to get sick last year which meant I missed Lost Sheep. Ok other years so presume the heavy rainfall was the cause of it. Nice to hear the run has come off the cross-country route - a bugger on the legs afterwards. Well run event and may do it again but waiting until late, if I miss it then so be it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

Anyone know what time the first wave usually goes off at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

First wave usually away at 9:00 if I remember correctly - although the count-down clock on the website says 10:00 start this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Just saw a post pop up on twitter it looks as though those of us putting it off till the last minute missed out. Sold out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I was just about to register ;(

I registered within 5 minutes of posting this pomposity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nanoc

cjt156 wrote: »
    First wave usually away at 9:00 if I remember correctly - although the count-down clock on the website says 10:00 start this year?

I really hope it's a 10 start, was a nightmare last year, felt like it was a very early start and noticed a big difference with Carlow with the later start

Ah ya bollox you lulled me into a false sense of security in my decision :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Bennybeau

I'm looking for a place if there is anyone who can't take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 davmurpla

I am looking for an entry as the race was already sold out.

If somebody decide not to race, give me a shout!!

Coach Gordo

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

I am doing this race the first. from what I read just have to hope the rain stays off!!!!

• Advertisement

Does anybody know when you can pick up your race number etc. Like I said first time doing the race so no familiar with the set up here.

Thanks!!!!

Bertje14 wrote: »
    Does anybody know when you can pick up your race number etc. Like I said first time doing the race so no familiar with the set up here.

Thanks!!!!

I picked it up the evening before last year at the Garda boat club.

Cool thanks.

Always like to have it the night before. Is a bit more relaxing.

I picked it up on the morning last year. No hassle or queues. Transition is right beside collection point.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I picked it up on the morning last year. No hassle or queues. Transition is right beside collection point.

I think I will still pick it up the day before. Peace of mind but thanks for the feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭the beerhunter

Thanks!!!!

asked via fb earlier. numbers and briefings imminent, caps and chips available day before at garda boatclub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Thanks!!!!

Clear some space in the boot of the car as the goodie bag is mahoosive :D

Ah ya bollox you lulled me into a false sense of security in my decision :D

Well it turns out that was a blessing in disguise after all.

Crashed on the bike last night up ended over the bars and dislocated shoulder :(

Game over for this year. Turbo time arrives earlier than planned.

• Advertisement

Well it turns out that was a blessing in disguise after all.

Crashed on the bike last night up ended over the bars and dislocated shoulder :(

Game over for this year. Turbo time arrives earlier than planned.

though luck man!!!!

Advertisement