Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Triathlon - 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Well it turns out that was a blessing in disguise after all.

Crashed on the bike last night up ended over the bars and dislocated shoulder :(

Game over for this year. Turbo time arrives earlier than planned.

That's brutal. Sorry to hear that
    How long are you looking at out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Crashed on the bike last night up ended over the bars and dislocated shoulder :(

There's a silver lining as they say...

Best of luck with recovery, lots of turbo.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    I registered within 5 minutes of posting this pomposity :)
    Ah ya bollox you lulled me into a false sense of security in my decision :D

Sorry to hear that,but at least its the right end of the season for it to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Bit of a pity party yesterday but sure it'll be grand I wasn't chasing podiums either way :D

Slightly concerned as to how much more damage I've done 4th dislocation and 2nd complete dislocation but I guess I'll find out during the week. :(

I'm annoyed mostly about the swimming as it was finally starting to come good.

Back to the bands and stability exercises (which btw feel like you're doing nothing with such small movements.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Two hours between transition closing and my wave; wouldn't make more sense to send the Spint waves off last?!
    Gonna be very lonely finishing when everyone else is long gone...

• Advertisement

cjt156 wrote: »
    Two hours between transition closing and my wave; wouldn't make more sense to send the Spint waves off last?!
    Gonna be very lonely finishing when everyone else is long gone...

I'm in the last wave... think upon it as incentive to finish faster (before they run out of icecream!:eek:)

Yep, my wave is off at 10:00; prize-giving at 12:00...it'll be tight!

...no...no, it won't...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Cb12345

Everyone else long gone, I doubt it........ I'm off at 10.00 too and finished in 3 hours 30 last year. Hoping to be a bit better this year and by a bit I mean 5-10 mins faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Bennybeau

Folks I'm looking for a place for Sunday. The race had sold out before I I had the chance to enter. If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmeehan

Does anyone know if there are shower facilities available after you cross the finish line? Am heading to Croker afterwards and it's going to be pretty tight with the transition only re-opening at 1.30!

• Advertisement

There is mention of showers available in the GAA club next door but I've never seen any evidence of them being used in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

There are showers in the gaa club where most will be parking. Very basic but should do the job if still there.

Great race, organisation, weather, course, and turnout!

I had a decent swim, good bike, ok run. Happy at the end... but a lad came up at the finish asking if I was a good swimmer... eh I'm not too bad, why? He told me I had the fastest swim of the day. I thought he meant in my AG until now... down as a 16:07 swim! Don't know why, I started in the correct wave and turned at the correct bouys. I'm listed as a DQ in the results though! All that effort for nothing! :P

Just for my own sanity...

We swam downstream to the first white Vodafone bouy, turned and swam upstream along the orange divider, there was a gap period with no divider, then along another orange divider, round the second white Vodafone bouy, turn and back downstream to the exit. Have I got that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

There were 3 white Vodafone buoys, one downstream, one a bit upstream from the entry/exit and one much further upstream which was the final turn for home.

I got stuck in the weeds at the beginning, struggled to get out, breathing a mess and only settled down for once we hit buoy 1. Poor swim, great bike and good run.

Run was 500m too long but was the bike a little short?

Great event though and nice to finish where we started

Ah fair cop so, I turned around the second bouy. Thanks for clarifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Yeah there were 3 white buoys in total, 2 in the upstream leg. I thought the swim was long, measured at 1770 metres. No biggy. It's a tough cycle course imo with the Khyber x4. Organisation was too notch and the weather was great.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Kurt_Godel wrote: »
    Ah fair cop so, I turned around the second bouy. Thanks for clarifying.

Briefing kept mentioning turning at the second white bouy (meaning second on the upstream leg) so your confusion was understandable. Hard luck. Youd had a good race otherwise.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

TheBazman wrote: »
    Yeah there were 3 white buoys in total, 2 in the upstream leg. I thought the swim was long, measured at 1770 metres. No biggy. It's a tough cycle course imo with the Khyber x4. Organisation was too notch and the weather was great.
    I measured 1650, another girl got 1700. River marshal said it would be 'a bit' long.

Oryx wrote: »
    Briefing kept mentioning turning at the second white bouy (meaning second on the upstream leg) so your confusion was understandable. Hard luck. Youd had a good race otherwise.

Pity they didn't have a map of the swim course with bouys in their briefing... but I'm clutching at straws here! At my age confusion is understandable and expected. Good to see you out there (and on here!), you had a solid race yourself, with a great bike in particular. You just need to sweat a bit more for the run ;)

Great event all round, always love this race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

My Garmin says the swim was 1588m, spoke to a couple of people at the finish who had it long by 2-300m though. Had the run at 10.6km, not going to lose sleep over that. Hats off to the organisers, great race and very well run.

Great race as always; I thought the swim was more 'reedy' than before but maybe that's just my crap sense of direction. I like the bike course, it used to be 5 times up the Khyber (ahem) so this is bit faster. Run was nice too.
    PB for me, though its a very different course from previous years.

I then proceeded to hoover up the beer, ice cream and pizza; great spread.

Fair play to Piranha, they always do an amazing job.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

Some of the run times have been corrected as run was longer.
    I did the sprint at the swim came out between 900 to 950.
    I had a terrible swim so an extra 200m nearly killed me.
    Good cycle run pretty much the same as always. About half minute down.
    For the rest no complaints

some of the run times were corrected? wtf?

first, why would you correct any of the run times, everyone ran the same course. second, even worse, why would you correct "some" of the run times? what were the criteria for getting your run corrected?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

Had a good swim .. Times didn't reflect that as it was Defo a bit longer than the norm but according to the other half I came out of the water 5th or 6th in my wave .....
    Transition was good then it all unraveled...
    1. Golden rule number 1....?? Never change anything on the bike or with your gear before a race ..
    I had fitted a double bottle cage on the back of the saddle for the lost sheep next week .. Never had it on the bike before ..
    Did my usual flying mount ... Leg it the bottle cage came crashing down .. Broke 2 spokes ..took half the skin of my right foot and worst of all think I broke my left big toe ...to confirm with an X ray today ..idiot....

There goes the lost sheep my first half ..
    And now marathon training is going to get hit ...

Bar that great event..:(

I don't know Mossym. I am not part of the organization. I don't know if it was some or all. I can only speak for what I know and I know that my mates times was corrected down. His watch was showing 10.5 KM as well. We reckoned it had something to do with that. I know assumption is the mother of all so maybe it had nothing to do with that.

His garmin showed 1775 for the swim. Definitely something wrong with the distances!!!!

That doesn't sound good. Get better soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Can't link to it because I'm in work but on the base2race facebook page there is a picture of a cyclist crashing and it looks like they might have been hit by a deer, anyone know anything about this? Doesn't look like it's been photo-shopped...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

This looked painful for the lad involved, incident with a deer on the Kyber.

14054212_1289127217788931_6262614174581254011_n.jpg?oh=1b3e03e65a329214981c1da074dd39af&oe=5850EBCC&__gda__=1481666037_ef73ff19de8b303b845bcdff8b629257

• Advertisement

Bertje14 wrote: »
    I don't know Mossym. I am not part of the organization. I don't know if it was some or all. I can only speak for what I know and I know that my mates times was corrected down. His watch was showing 10.5 KM as well. We reckoned it had something to do with that. I know assumption is the mother of all so maybe it had nothing to do with that.

His garmin showed 1775 for the swim. Definitely something wrong with the distances!!!!

sorry. was more of a general question than asking you specifically to back it up.

unless some of the field was made to do an additional bit then i can't see why anyone would have time adjusted

Advertisement