Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Triathlon - 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

ThisRegard wrote: »
    This looked painful for the lad involved, incident with a deer on the Kyber.

Was just loging on to post that and saw you beat me to it. Hope they're aright

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

I heard about that. I thought it was a joke.

Bloody hell!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

ThisRegard wrote: »
    This looked painful for the lad involved, incident with a deer on the Kyber.

14054212_1289127217788931_6262614174581254011_n.jpg?oh=1b3e03e65a329214981c1da074dd39af&oe=5850EBCC&__gda__=1481666037_ef73ff19de8b303b845bcdff8b629257

Ouch!!!
    Was that yesterday??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I saw it on either the Irish Triathlon or Base2Race facebook page, and it's being touted as yesterday.

they did say it yesterday in the commentary but I thought it was a joke.

I hope this guy is ok. Head first!!! Hope the helmet took the hit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

new anti drafting tool from TI?

(just kidding, wouldn't wish a fall like that on anyone and hope that the person involved was not badly hurt)

not too worry Mossym. Not sure why his time got adjusted. he was happy that it went down ha ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

It was yesterday, the pair on the microphones at the finish line mentioned it a few times. Hope no serious injuries were sustained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Cyclist is OK, finished in 2:25.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0829/812657-stag-collides-with-cyclist-duringphoenix-park-race/

Joe Duffy wants to speak/shout/rant to him if anyone knows him.

top 30 overall after that happening. fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Bertje14 wrote: »
    I don't know Mossym. I am not part of the organization. I don't know if it was some or all. I can only speak for what I know and I know that my mates times was corrected down. His watch was showing 10.5 KM as well. We reckoned it had something to do with that. I know assumption is the mother of all so maybe it had nothing to do with that.

His garmin showed 1775 for the swim. Definitely something wrong with the distances!!!!

I was involved in settingthe run course and it was slightly long, 200-300m, this was to avoid a turnaround on the path at the Aras, instead we went as far as the roundabout and that tree stump, I thought it made it a much nicer course for very little extra.

I'm almost 100% certain that no times were corrected to make it a 10k course.

If a time was corrected it was by the timing company and would have been for some reason of theirs

Cracking day for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

mossym wrote: »
    top 30 overall after that happening. fair play

He's made Slowtwitch, RTE and BBC so far. Not bad for a trip onto the old coconut;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

He's made Slowtwitch, RTE and BBC so far. Not bad for a trip onto the old coconut;)

He's gone internatonal on Facebook. A number of the triathlon pages picking it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

He came in 20 mins ahead of me; although I swallowed a fly coming down the Khyber - where's my media frenzy!

well i don't know why you swallowed a fly. perhaps you'll tri?

(didn't want to go morbid on you!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

cjt156 wrote: »
    He came in 20 mins ahead of me; although I swallowed a fly coming down the Khyber - where's my media frenzy!

Take that kind of carry on to the Furry Glen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chrisly

Green&Red wrote: »
    I was involved in settingthe run course and it was slightly long, 200-300m, this was to avoid a turnaround on the path at the Aras, instead we went as far as the roundabout and that tree stump, I thought it made it a much nicer course for very little extra.

I'm almost 100% certain that no times were corrected to make it a 10k course.

If a time was corrected it was by the timing company and would have been for some reason of theirs

Cracking day for it

Thanks for letting us know that. My GPS had it down as an extra 600m. A bit disappointing when a PB is on the line.

Any info on the swim? Seemed long by a few hundred metres too.

Don't want to sound too negative, btw. Best organised race I've been to. And great buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭boysinblack

This story is interesting to say the least.....

http://triathlonireland.com/News/2016/Triathlon-Stag-Crash-Happy-Ending-for-Shane-O-Reilly-.html

Dublin not even a qualifying race according to the triathlon Ireland website and surely giving him a slot before the deadline for the applications has been closed is totally unfair??

http://triathlonireland.com/Participation/Age-Group-Selection/ITU-ETU-Event-Qualification.html

This story is interesting to say the least.....

http://triathlonireland.com/News/2016/Triathlon-Stag-Crash-Happy-Ending-for-Shane-O-Reilly-.html

Dublin not even a qualifying race according to the triathlon Ireland website and surely giving him a slot before the deadline for the applications has been closed is totally unfair??

http://triathlonireland.com/Participation/Age-Group-Selection/ITU-ETU-Event-Qualification.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Ah the whole age group racing for Ireland is more about who is willing to pay for it than who qualifies. Plenty go and qualify through positions but anyone can apply to go and once they pay the fee's TI will normally let them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Odd that TI say the top 3 from DCTri automatically get selected... I hadn't seen that anywhere before.

As joey says once you can pay the €20 "expression of interest" fee, and the €150 race entry, and the €90 Ireland trisuit, and travel and accommodation; you'd only need a modicum of ability to get a slot. (Its still cheaper than an IM day out, and its very enjoyable).

I like this good-news story. Thought the guy would have a broken neck when I first saw the photos!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Yep, Basically what Kurt says. I've no issue with anyone going to race for Ireland, if they are willing to pay the money fair play to them, the whole thing about age group racing is to be inclusive for everyone. (just in case it comes across in my first reply that I have any issues with it!)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 checky88

on Twitter that he got €150 voucher to replace his helmet pure gas love this story!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

checky88 wrote: »
    on Twitter that he got €150 voucher to replace his helmet pure gas love this story!

Good move by Cycle Superstore to pull that one out of the bag. Will get mileage I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MalDoc

Great race and organisation as usual. Weather played ball too this year. Should be a staple in anyone's race plans for next year if you're within 100 km of Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭noc231073

MalDoc wrote: »
    Great race and organisation as usual. Weather played ball too this year. Should be a staple in anyone's race plans for next year if you're within 100 km of Dublin.

Totally agree the best race on the calendar ..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Fiftyplus

Doesn't appear any qualifying criteria. Plenty from my triathlon club have applied and already been offered a place for Rotterdam, regardless of national series points!

70 quid to enter the national champs sprint distance this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

70 quid to enter the national champs sprint distance this year :(

Can I propose a banning for bib?
    Resurrecting a 2 year old thread..............

• Advertisement

tunney wrote: »
    Can I propose a banning for bib?
    Resurrecting a 2 year old thread..............

Ya sure ban me away, god forbid someone would actually post on this forum 🀔

Advertisement