Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How ot get rid of willow

Options
  • 04-08-2016 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

I am trying to remove a few willow trees in my garden. I have cut them down , but they just keep sprouting from the stump. Is there anything I can treat the stump with to prevent regrowth?. I really don't want to have to go pulling roots as I fear this may need a digger to do it properly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,453 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Willow loves being coppiced - that is what you are doing when you cut them down. They will grow again with even greater enthusiasm. I would imagine a brushwood killer/glyphosate would be needed to kill them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 OperatorOnHold

"Roundup Tree Stump and Root Killer". Important to follow the instructions when to use. Can be got in any hardware or garden center.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

or else you could just constantly chop the regrowth back, and weaken the roots. will take time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭tombrown

Thanks - I have something called SBK which claims to do tree stumps. Will that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

tombrown wrote: »
    Thanks - I have something called SBK which claims to do tree stumps. Will that work?

Yes. May need a few treatments but should work fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement