Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Club in Dublin?

• 04-08-2016 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey Guys,

I am looking to join a Tri club in Dublin. As I am living in Dublin 2 I checked 3D and Piranha but I really am not able to make my choice now.

3D's membership is cheaper, Piranha looks bigger.
    I am not a good swimmer at all, I don't crawl yet and I think Piranha as a minimum swim standard.

I assume it won't be possible to swim with them at the start then. Is it the same thing with 3D?

I plan to make a few training with both of them and decide but I wanted to have your feedback as well.

Thank you very much for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I think the training schedule is something that can help make your mind up. Both seem like good clubs but I have no experiecince as a member, only seeing them at races.

If one has a training schedule that suits your life better than the other it may help decide

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Gumby

There is also Belpark Triathlon Club in South Dublin.
    Membership is 20e on top of your annual TI membership.
    Training sessions are paid for on a block-booking basis and Pay as you go.
    Swim in the 50m pool in UCD. The minimum requirement being that you can swim 50m front crawl without stopping.
    Club spins leave from of Rathfarnham Village.
    We also run a New to Tri program each year which is an 8 week block of swim, bike and run training culminating in a a Try-a-tri distance race at the end of the block.

if you want more info check out the website (you'll have to use google as i cant post link!) which has contact details for new members officers who will be happy to answer any queries you have.

If you are nervous about your swim, it might be worth considering paying for one or two 1:1 swim lessons with a coach.
    Best of luck with whichever club you join!

Advertisement