Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No interest in tyres and rims!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

For start put what it these will fit directly in the advert title. A no brainer I would have thought? :confused: As it stands you're just advertising non specific tyres and rims. Sure you state the fitting within the advert but you'd need to click on it to see it and if I'm searching for Astra or whatever I won't see your ad. I'd also try to find out what other model they'll fit. Widen the market.

That said 300 squids seems a tad steep for 14 inch steel rims and used tyres, or is that just me?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

I can buy brand new vredesteins for 65 each in my local garage and I'd pick up rims handy at any breaker for less than a tenor a pop.why would I give you 300? One of the tyres is borderline illegal too!
    That's why they have not sold

Plus, most people don't need 2nd hand steel rims, so basically all you are selling is 2nd hand tyres and all they are worth is 30 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

1) The tyre in picture 3 is only fit for the bin. Your alignment must have been way off to generate that much wear on the inside of the tyre.

2) Price. I shifted a set of 15" mini copper alloys with 4 tyres with minimum 70% remaining tread for €150. Just wanted rid of them but I can't imaging you achieving any where near you asking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,839 ✭✭✭✭cormie

That's a very good point as I've had people asking would they fit a focus and VW, but I've just told them they'd have to check themselves as I didn't know and didn't want to give the wrong advice.

Would anyone know what other cars these might suit and I'll throw it into the advert title.

The tyres are really good quality on these hence the price, but I'm definitely open to negotiation, if anyone would even just throw me an offer :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Overpriced . I got 4 ford fiesta 16" Alloys with 4 new middle of the road tyres for €130 . Albeit one of the tyres was punctured but after purchasing a new one still came under €200

• Advertisement

Thanks folks, just saw more of the replies I hadn't seen while I was typing the above reply.

I'll try lower the price a bit, but I've never seen rims for a tenner a pop?

Is the worn tyre actually borderline illegal? Where it's heavily worn from bad tracking is still above the marker.

Would anyone know what other models these would fit and I'll edit the ad to include these and drop the price to 200 and see what I get then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

are they legal age is another thing,no delivery option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

cormie wrote: »
    Thanks folks, just saw more of the replies I hadn't seen while I was typing the above reply.

I'll try lower the price a bit, but I've never seen rims for a tenner a pop?

Is the worn tyre actually borderline illegal? Where it's heavily worn from bad tracking is still above the marker.

Would anyone know what other models these would fit and I'll edit the ad to include these and drop the price to 200 and see what I get then?

The rims are worthless, maybe if they were a set of alloys they would have some value but anyone looking at your ad just wants 2nd hand tyres.
    And they will not even pay 200 for 3 decent ones and one bad one never mind 300.
    I take it they are off a 1999-2003 focus, they can go to a garage and get 4 brand new tyres fitted and balanced for 200. Yes yours are vredesteins, but there is only 3 worth talking about and the buyer will have to buy a 4th.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

This. The steelies are worthless. Only value is in the tyre, and then, not much. 100 a set if you're lucky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Is the worn tyre actually borderline illegal? Where it's heavily worn from bad tracking is still above the marker

It may be above the wear marker beside where the bad wear is but there is a significant portion of that tyre completely bald and is certainly not above the wear marker.

• Advertisement

Cool, thanks folks.

They are off a Astra G 98-04 model.

If they are also compatible with a 99-03 focus, I'll advertise this too.

Two of the vredesteins are virtually brand new. All legal age (I believe it's within 10 years, yeah?) so all well legal age wise if so.

I'll set it at 200 and see what offers I get but I'd be willing to let them go cheaper of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

Cool, thanks folks.

They are off a Astra G 98-04 model.

If they are also compatible with a 99-03 focus, I'll advertise this too.

Two of the vredesteins are virtually brand new. All legal age (I believe it's within 10 years, yeah?) so all well legal age wise if so.

I'll set it at 200 and see what offers I get but I'd be willing to let them go cheaper of course :)

No,they are not compatible with the 99-03 focus.Astra g is 4 x 100,focus is 4 x 108.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭s14driftking

Does anyone even use 14s anymore. Tbh I'd value ten at 20 to 25 euro each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

magentis wrote: »
    No,they are not compatible with the 99-03 focus.Astra g is 4 x 100,focus is 4 x 108.

If they are 4 x 100 it opens up your market to all the Jap 4-stud cars.
    It's still only 4 2nd hand tyres though.
    For example, we use 14's on the front of an Autotest Car (use 3 or 4 per Event) and usually pick up a couple of 175/65 R14's every week from the "Throwaway Pile" outside a local tyre place. We often get them with as much Tread left as yours......for nothing.

I'd put them up at €120 and take anything over €80, if it's offered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Stick them up on Donedeal.

Thanks folks, I've reduced the price and will be willing to haggle a good bit more than I was. I refused an offer of €190 but then came back to the guy after seeing the worn one when I went to check them and by then he had already found another set :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Put them here.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057559228

A whole thread for sales discussion of a set of tyres on steelies is a bit much.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement