Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intrum Justitita won't stop ringing me!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

lawred2 wrote: »
    They have no capabilities to affect anyone's credit rating without going through the courts.

I'm not sure what credit ratings you're on about

I use a credit checking service. They'll run the usual court judgement checks. They'll also run a check on their own files.
    If someone I'm looking for a report on has had their debt from another client of the credit checking company transferred to the credit checking company, it results in the person being flagged.

No specific details are given, but a flagged person would suggest that you become more careful.

Almost every commercial company that supplies goods or services on credit will use such a service and with only two such services here that I know of, you'll find refusals for simple things such as post pay mobile service, utility bills and online stores that sell on credit (though at 40% interest, that is no bad thing)

As I said, its not just financial companies providing credit

• Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not too many people are overly concerned about credit scoring agencies for mobile phone contracts or store credit when discussing their credit record.

When you find you're being turned down for direct debit for life insurance for that mortgage you did get, it becomes a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

CeilingFly wrote: »
    You should heed your own advice and not advise when you do not understand how these places work.

I engaged a similar company a while ago to chase some customers and know precisely how they work.

It is highly unlikely they have purchased the debt. That only comes at the end of the initial process.

Yes it can affect credit rating with any commercial company that uses them for credit reports. - People don't just get credit from banks.

So take heed of your own advice and don't proffer advice on something you don't know about

Ceilingfly is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

L1011 wrote: »
    And as I said, that isn't the only credit rating.

Every business and client have a credit rating between themselves. The only important one in Ireland is the icb for general lending and that is the one used by banks and credit unions. Utilties etc are not on this. A judgement MIGHT get you on this. which is the only way for a utility to pursue a debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,400 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

L1011 wrote: »
    When you find you're being turned down for direct debit for life insurance for that mortgage you did get, it becomes a problem.

I get car insurance is annual and a direct debit allows you to repay that premium in 10-12 installments..

So are you saying that a life insurance policy over 30 years is purchased upfront? I doubt it.

Where is the credit facility?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,015 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I get car insurance is annual and a direct debit allows you to repay that premium in 10-12 installments..

So are you saying that a life insurance policy over 30 years is purchased upfront? I doubt it.

Where is the credit facility?

You show up as a credit risk on an insurers system and you aren't going to be offered a reducing-term insurance premium as a result. The legal costs of even succesfully defending a claim by the bank you've assigned the policy to if you stop paying and then die would make it not worth it. And insurers do use the third party credit reference agencies

Basically - yes, not paying a HP agreement can make your life difficult and there is no single concept of a "credit record" like you claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

rawn wrote:
    I have debt collectors ringing over LW debt (actually my brothers debt in my name, grrr family!). Anyways I have the money to fully pay off the debt now, so do I have to pay it to Interim or can I just pay LW directly?

If anyone else is looking for an answer to this question...

I payed the full amount owed a few days ago directly to LW online, and I haven't had a single call from IJ since. I wasn't sure if IJ and LW would still have any communication but it seems they do.

Now, how do I close my LW account :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

rawn wrote: »
    If anyone else is looking for an answer to this question...

I payed the full amount owed a few days ago directly to LW online, and I haven't had a single call from IJ since. I wasn't sure if IJ and LW would still have any communication but it seems they do.

Now, how do I close my LW account :)

Of course they have communication - the debt collection is simply outsourced to IJ. Its one of the services IJ provide amongst others and it would be very much interlinked with the company they are supplying the service to.

Another service IJ have is they purchase obsolete debt (yours was not an obsolete debt) and in that situation they own the debt.

As for closing the account - under gdpr rules you can have all details deleted except those required for specific purposes such as accounting/tax purposes

Advertisement