Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another, AHHH quote increase thread

• 04-08-2016 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15

Hi All,

Pretty common thread complaint...but I've just received my renewal quote and its +200 euro increase, with the company telling me on the phone that the minimum increase that they can apply on policies is 20%.

Have put out tenders/filled in online forms to see could I gain a more competitive quote, and received quotes for renewal for over 1500 euro (way above my own renewal quote of c.900) and over 100% more than I paid last year.

Context: Female professional, driving for +10 years on a full Irish licence, 2L diesel, no claims bonus (6+years), no penalty points.

I suppose I'm just a bit shocked. My quotes are higher than those received by my younger siblings (aged below 25, driving similar cars, all of whom have points - while I don't!). Addresses are all Dublin based. I've asked the companies why and they say its just a different month etc. However, it now costs more to insure my car - with a solid established safe history - than it did to insure my first car age 17 (soft top import, paid a higher premium as I had gotten my first proper job!).

Other than doing those extra driving tests, or putting a box on the car (which is a no go for me). Is there any recourse for drivers like myself?

I'm genuinely worried going forward (for me most quotes represent more than a 100% increase). I've always paid my insurance off in full when the quote came in. This year that's going to be impossible.

Is the only thing possible to do, to stomach the best of the worst quotes and pay up? Or is there someone to complain too? So high a hike seems a little crazy...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

How many different companies have you called so far and what was the lowest price?

Advertisement